Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #16  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Life, happiness, joy, and living each day to the fullest.
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:11 PM   #17  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

I have lots of different reasons.
But the straw that broke the camel's back was a couple of months ago I almost couldn't put my pantyhose on because I have gotten so fat
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

What motivate me is my fiance, I want to be healthy so I live a longer life with him. I also want to look good in a dress. =X
AngelicLyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:40 PM   #19  

Before I admit, I careless on what other will say to me. But lately, I've been thinking a lot especially that my job requires me to work in the graveyard shift permanently. I said to myself, I wish I spend more time on going to the gym, doing exercise when I still have enough time before. But now.... *sigh*
Sophia Elise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:15 PM   #20  
Reached Goal Sept 11/09

S/C/G: 228/135

Height: 5'4"

Honestly? My husband got a motorcycle last summer. I want to look HOT on the back of it. That was my whole reason for starting.

Now I have many reasons - but the biggest reason is how confident I feel.

Peace, Heather
MrsWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:31 PM   #21  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Health!
Dad's quadruple bypass surgery.
Dad's atrial fibrillation.
Dad's type II diabetes.

Work!
My XL surgical scrubs were too tight. Any tighter, and I'd have to put in a requisition for a special-order size.
My butt was getting to wide for my chair.

Vanity!
SICK of looking around EVERY group and realizing I was the biggest one there.
TOTALLY embarrassed when I realized that I was bigger than everyone on our town's professional football team except for the defensive linemen.
Realizing that from behind, my butt and back looked exactly like that of a walking dominant male Silverback Gorilla.

Guilt!
Once I started losing the weight, my DH told me that he was really really happy because he was getting worried about my health, even though I had no overt health issues associated with my obesity. My great DH never, ever hassled me about my weight, thankfully. But I felt/feel guilty that I put this burden on him, and this helps to keep me motivated to continue...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 09:38 AM   #22  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

My AHA moment came when I realized I had outgrown every size in my closet and was determined not to buy a size even bigger than my "fat" clothes! Then I stepped on the scale (after avoiding it for 2 years) and realized that I weighed more than I ever had before, including when I was 9 months pregnant! Yikes!

What keeps me going is how much better I feel now, in every way. It's worth ALL the effort and planning.
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:06 AM   #23  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingleah View Post
I ate like crap.
I looked like crap.
I felt like crap.
This about sums it up for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws19 View Post
i'd love to be able to say that i was motivated by a desire to live a healthy lifestyle and just have a long and healthy life, but that would be dishonest. at the end of the day, i'm doing this for purely superficial reasons. i want to be hot. i want guys to check me out.
I simply ADORE your honesty! Hey...what ever works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD Girl View Post
And, about being hot - I got upset when Man start to notice me and that was the reason why I gain back the weight. I felt uncomfortable everyone commenting on me. AND I FELT SO SMALL! I was not, trust me! Anyone with that experience?
I'll tell you what. If the guys checking you out is WHY you gain weight, I guess you should wait until you are 40 something to take it off...because I can guarantee you 100% that the mega attention from men will stop by then, when they are too busy checking out your 20 something counter parts. Sure you'll get a few smiles, a door or 2 held open. Maybe even wink from a dirty old man...but the horn dog drooling attention will all be a distant memory.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 06-05-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #24  

S/C/G: HW 176/SW 163/CW ticker/GW 120

Height: 5'4"

kira, your DH sounds like a real gem!
sws19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #25  

Height: 168

I dont think I shuold be check out by lust to feel good about myself. I think looking some woman by lust is rude. I guess you and I have different standards. And trust me, I get doors open even at this weight. It depend with whome you spend time with I guess.

Last edited by ADD Girl; 06-05-2009 at 11:04 AM.
ADD Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #26  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD Girl View Post
I dont think I shuold be check out by lust to feel good about myself. I think looking some woman by lust is rude. I guess you and I have different standards. And trust me, I get doors open even at this weight. It depend with whome you spend time with I guess.
Sorry if I offended you. I was trying to be funny. I was not particularly fond of being drooled over in my youth either...which was my point...now that I'm older I'm not a hot commodity. It does make life easier but in an odd sort of way it kind of bums me out.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 06-05-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #27  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

I was sick and tired of being sick and tired! Once the weight started coming off, I enjoyed the small successes like fitting into regular sized clothing, going to the baseball game and not having to cram myself in the seat, sitting cross legged on the floor with my preschool class, realizing that my feet don't hurt like they used too, etc., etc., etc.

Now what motivates me is knowing how much better I feel about everything and that I don't ever want to feel like I used to again.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #28  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Ms Lori Bell, I get you. When women age, unfortunately, we tend to become "invisible" and those young ladies in their 20s just don't understand this. It isn't that we "want to be drooled over", but it would be nice to turn heads, you know? And unfortunately, our society tends to make women past the age of around 40 less "visible". Sean Connory is a hottie. But the comments about "who wants to look at Janet Jackson's 40-year old boob" after the Superbowl "nip-gate" were rampant. And SHE is definitely hot, so what does that say about the rest of us???
So I get you...

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:41 PM   #29  

My main motivation is the fear that I will die like my father at a young 62 but with a body that was so damaged by diabetes that he may as well have been 100. How he lived was awful and that is my future if I don't make permanent changes. However, the thought of being able to wear whatever I want and find clothes that fit anywhere I go helps, as does the thought of fitting into any booth easily and having no fears about sitting in delicate little chairs! : )
Pooh63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Well, I had been thinking about my age and health a lot, knowing that I should lose weight to get healthier, but what actually made me say TODAY is the day? Believe it or not, Johnny Depp, lol! I was watching a super hot video of Johnny Depp on youtube, and suddenly it occurred to me that Johnny Depp is about my age, and yet he is so hot and I am so not, and he has always been attracted to thin women, so even if in my wildest dreams I got to be in the same room with him in person, he wouldn't even notice me. I used to be quite attractive by most standards, but I feel my obesity (I was officially "obese" when I started this in March) robbed me of that. Men, even men older than me, don't notice me anymore. Now, please understand I'm married and I'm not looking for men to hit on me, but not to even notice me? Even a little? Other pretty women my age get noticed, but it's like I'm invisible! So, as I watched that video that day, I realized I am tired of being invisible and obese and unhealthy. So, thanks Johnny Depp!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 06-05-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote