Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-01-2009, 07:26 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

First of all, you are gorgeous!! Really!
If you feel like you aren't in the place you want to be, then keep going at it, you will get there. Definitely look into strength training though, it will make huge differences in the shape your body takes, even at a higher weight.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:30 AM   #17  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Kelly, You are doing an amazing thing for yourself! You look awesome! I will second or third others' suggestion of weight training. I love it and it has transformed my body. Weight training is the one exercise that I started with in this journey and the one that I look forward to the most. You are much younger than I so your skin should bounce back quicker than mine even. Yes, I do have the saggy loose skin under my arms and the jiggly cottage cheesy thighs. But guess what, over time those things have improved. With both weight training and cardio, it's like the saggy, wrinkly, and cottage cheesy skin is melting off and slowly becoming more smooth over time. Try weight training--it's addicting!

Last edited by losermom; 06-01-2009 at 07:31 AM. Reason: crazy appostrophes!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:35 AM   #18  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Kelly, I know what you mean.
I have lost less weight than you did and I am a few inches taller but let me tell you if I did not do any resistance training I wouldn't be able to look at myself. Not that I am at the end, but at least I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I spent long hours at the gym doing weights and my arms are starting to look decent (I absolutely hated the jiggly flab) and so is my back. My boobs sag less. You can reshape your body, but it's a really hard work. Losing the fat is only half the battle.
But you have done amazingly well, so congrats on that. You didn't say (and lately I am here only here and there so I don't recall your history) if you do any weight lifting - if you don't, I strongly suggest you give it a serious consideration. You don't have to go to a gym to do that. Invest into some weights and a few good DVDs and you can do it at the comfort of your own home.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:05 AM   #19  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

just to let you know, I came back to this forum after being gone for a long time, and I saw your before/after avatar and my first thought was WOW, what a difference! You have that hour glass figure going on, girl.

I know it's hard not to want it to be better and better, the more you do. That's how I feel about me (I still have a ways to go). But you definitely don't look like the same person in a smaller body, you're body has changed shape and proportion and look. I think it probably does take a while for the brain to catch up.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:26 AM   #20  

S/C/G: HW193/See Ticker/128

Height: 5'5"

Kelly:

First off, congrats!!! You have done a great job!

I just wanted to add that back in 2001, I weighed about 145 lbs. I am 5'5". This was after my 2nd child was born. Before I got pregnant with her, I weighed about 125-128 and I was in GREAT shape. I just let myself go and was not doing any physical activity whatsoever. I lost A LOT of muscle tone and even though 145 kept me within a healthy weight range and I looked good fully clothed, I was jiggly.

If you are not already doing weight training/strength training/re-shaping/toning/resistance training, whatever you want to call it, I would definitely incorporate that in. If you ARE already doing these things, it may be time to bump it up a notch. I am still on 10 lb weights but I hope to get up to 15 in a month or so.

Weight training can be a very good addiction once you start seeing results. It takes several weeks, even months to notice but when you do, it just gets better and better.
Niecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:08 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

Well, I think you're hot. I'd totally date you. And not in a "she's nice" way, but in a "my girlfriend's totally foxy, neener neener neener" way.

Last edited by Jo Kittibuck; 06-01-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #22  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Kittibuck View Post
Well, I think you're hot. I'd totally date you. And not in a "she's nice" way, but in a "my girlfriend's totally foxy, neener neener neener" way.
I was thinking the same thing...and I'm married...to a man (for 20 years)...lol.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 06-01-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #23  

if on low low carb diet that usually happens but straitens out after a while. but if no weight lifting is done to pump the fat into the muscle you will be left with the saggy effect. (you want to be left only with bones?) need some muscles for the shape.
lowandfat is offline   Reply With Quote