Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-30-2009, 02:53 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
I dont have a big breakfast.. because I go to work very early.. and I am on Metformin( for pcos) and seems if i eat a heavy breakfast, I get the runs..
and i am chained to a desk all day until noon, when i have lunch.
So i cant be eating a big breakfast..Especially anything with GREASE!
Maybe i will look into a protein drink for breakfast..
The protein drink is a good idea. There's a middle ground between "no breakfast" and "Denny's Grand Slam". Of course the latter will make you feel like junk, it's way too much grease. But you absolutely need to be getting more calories and protein at breakfast. I eat Cheerios (carefully portioned out with my kitchen scale), or oatmeal with fruit and Splenda in it. Others have eggs and toast (prepared in a non-greasy way), or shakes, or fresh fruit and cottage cheese.

From what you describe, it sounds like you're starving yourself for the first half of the day, and then possibly overeating during the second half (since you're not keeping track, and eating things like Oreos, which can add up VERY quickly if you don't keep track!). You need to balance this out by tracking your calories all day long, and making sure you spread your calories out in the morning and afternoon, not just the evening. Also, be aware that eating a lot of sodium (canned and frozen food, deli meat, anything you eat out at a restaurant) can cause you to retain water, as well, so don't be surprised if you see a sudden jump the next day on the scale. I know chinese food and movie popcorn in particular cause me to gain about 4-5 pounds of water the next day.

Good luck!
jajabee is offline   Reply With Quote