Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-31-2009, 01:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/150/150/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Mother visiting...

Life has been very busy around here for the past month. 18yo son graduated from high school, 15yo son was playing high school soccer, 13yo daughter was running track, and various dance lessons - end of the school year kicks my behind! Add to it #1 son still living at home and going to college AND my 2 year old daughter. Not enough?

My PARENTS, sister, and Dh's mother all came up for graduation. Whoo-hoo. Now, most of them left the following weekend, but my mother is staying for an extra month. I adore my mother, don't get me wrong, and she's a huge help with all the kids.

My little rant? Mmm hmm, her cooking. She sits in my kitchen all day, like some short order cook, and the kids rattle off their orders. Fine, I can handle that. But she's a baker...I'm not. So now, I have caramel rolls taunting me from the kitchen. FRESH baked caramel rolls. And homemade buns. And then she saves some of the bread dough, and fries it up in the mornings for the kids! It's killing me!!

And yes, I know, it's not a DIET, you can have the foods you like just in moderation...I know all this...and I've had one caramel roll. But then you just crave more...and more... Then she's frying up bread dough "Do you want some Suzy?" And through gritted teeth I say "No thank you..."

I've been very good, not gained any weight for the past three weeks, but I haven't LOST any either! And then, we're out shopping last night, and she's buying powdered sugar donuts for the kids...cookies for the baby...tootsie rolls for herself...

No bake chocolate cookies are made EVERY DAY. Some chocolate pudding/oreo/coolwhip dessert ended up in my fridge. I love chocolate!

AARGH! I'm trying to be good. I fire up the ol' George Foreman grill, chicken breasts and veggies... salads... but TOM is right around the corner, and I can feel my willpower fading and my crabbiness growing... And the hostess apple pie thingies are whispering to me...

Now, she knows I'm trying to lose weight...but if I hear "how many points is that?" one more time...I'm going to do the old "Three Stoogies" finger poke and say TWO!

Thanks...I feel better now...just needed to vent a little. She leaves on Thursday, and I know I'll miss her terribly.
Suzyszoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:09 PM   #2  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Stay strong!!!! The taste of a roll will last five minutes, the taste of victory over this food war, will last forever!

I know what it's like to have everything under your nose like that. I just remind myself that it's not worth it. That my happiness and health is totally more important than the taste of food(easier said than done of course)
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:29 PM   #3  
I wish!

S/C/G: 185/136/135

Height: 5'6''

Wow -what a lot of temptation. Yikes! I'm not sure I would be able to be as strong as you if I were in your situation. You are doing well - you haven't gained. For that you deserve three cheers!!!
StringBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

We have the same stats!! But you are WAY stronger than me, those caramel rolls would not have left the pan alive around me. I'm so impressed that you were able to eat just one!!

The temptations will be over soon (and boy, get those Hostess things away from you ASAP!), and you'll be incredibly proud of yourself for doing so well living in the middle of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Just a few more days, you can do it! You and George Foreman!
jajabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:16 PM   #5  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hang on with your fingernails! You are almost there!!! And maintaining during this difficult food challenge time is a huge. victory...
Vent away, stay away from the delish temptations, and hang in there...
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:32 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Oh MAMA!
that is sooo difficult.
I think you are amazing for having been able to maintain under the circumstances. Fried bread? A scary concept, I love most things involving dough.
I am sure you mom is lovely, but keep her away from your oven!

Last edited by dutchgirl; 05-31-2009 at 03:32 PM.
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:25 PM   #7  

You are a great mom. Keep up the good work.
Sophia Elise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'5

You've held on this long, just a few more days you can do it!

Man, my mouth is watering just from reading your post.
Tiffany529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:55 PM   #9  

Default Great Chef

I think your mother must be a fantastic chef worth hiring for baking the sweets. You can take your mother's visit as a test of your will power as to know how determined you really are about losing weight.
healthfreak is offline   Reply With Quote