Coffee Toffee Twisted Frosty

• I'm an ice-cream junkie. It's one of those foods that would be hard to "give up"

There's a Wendy's on my way home from work, and I was feeling tired and thought "oooh I want to try one of those"

I did. And when I got it in the car I said "I wont eat this untill I get home"

But I wanted to try a bite right then. So I did.

I then told myself "I'll only eat half of this. When I get home I'll put it in a bowl and dump the rest down the drain"

I took another bite. Then another

I pulled into the garage... Looked at the cup.... and finished it all.

Now I feel extremely guilty. That stupid thing had 540 calories. I now only have 230 calories left for the day. It was delicious....but was it worth it?
  • Don't sweat it, it probably wasn't worth it (is it ever?) but tomorrow is another day, keep the rest of the evening low-key and carry on tomorrow. This is life, it happens. You know you're not going to go the rest of your life without treats now and then so work it into your life, don't feel guilty about it, enjoy it and then get back on the wagon. In the grand scheme of things it won't make a huge difference (well with the caveat that it doesn't trigger you to go on a food-bender or go off the rails completely that is). Have a great evening!
  • Was it the healthiest choice? Probably not. But you know what? It's done now. You've had it, you enjoyed it, and you've learned that once you start with one bite of those, you have a bit of trouble resisting. So just get back on the "better choices" bandwagon, and keep going.
  • Ah yes Leeesa. You are correct!! Thanks for the the positive words
  • Definitely weight loss should be a journey to health--not a guilt trip.

Not to encourage the habit at all--You might also ask about the JR. size the next time you are faced with the dilemma.

Usually I can't justify the calories but there is something else that even tops that. Usually once I eat something I shouldn't I go looking for more junk--like a drug addict or something.
  • There was no small!!!!

I swear, sometimes these moments I have of indulgence are like me being in another brain. It's like I trick myself into believing I can only eat a little. Hahahaha... I agree with all of you, and I totally practice all your words. I just get little moments of wanting a pity party. I went for a walk before dinner and had a nice tilapia fillet with steamed broccoli and still remained on plan.
  • We all fall... the key to this change is picking yourself back up! It really isnt easy to change habits and our addictions. After we make a mistake, we know our weaknesses and its through our weaknesses we learn to strengthen ourselves. Just keep going, like you did with the healthy dinner. Something else ive learned, with my own experience of course. We all love how sweet stuff tastes.... but healthier tastes so much better! and if we go for healthier choices we can have more and the calories arent "empty". They are nutritious for our bodies. When I am sugar ravenous I usually eat a bowl of apples diced, a generous ammount of honey, with cinnamon. Its yummy. God bless you on your journey.
  • Man those things look good. If I were to order something like that I would have dumped half of it out right away, then finished what was left.