just because....

• i've gained a little weight. I dont know if its just today, but i guess we'll see in 5 days for my official monthly weigh in.

my inlaws seem to think i've lost weight. I shook my head. Well toned up was the response. Does muscle really weigh more than fat, or is is a myth createdby fat women everywhere, to feel better about the 2lbs they gain. - I have been using heavier weights - and well kinda eating semi-poorly.

My fault really, and yet i dont feel bad about it. The idea of eating another salad makes me wanna barf. Yet i could eat the same thing in a wrap.
    I get hungry at night.
  • I have a similar problem with salads- they have to be just perfect or they gross me out. There are lots of other ways to lose weight and eat better- are you calorie counting?
  • It is not a myth it is fact. Muscle DOES weight more than fat. That is why you can slim down and get all toned up but actually weigh MORE than when you were fat. But that is like if you put on a LOT of muscle which is kinds hard for women basically just due to genetics.

Hey you don't have to eat salads every day. There are a LOT of tasty (and easy) low cal vegetable and lean meat recipes out there. And I can't even cook really not anything involved that is. Between the WW Cookbook and the Racheal Ray Cookbook there are enough quick and easy stuff to make in there to last me the rest of my LIFE! LOL!

My absolute fav so far is spaghetti squash and sauce recipe! Man I love it. If I squint my eyes and turn the lights down low I can actually think I am eating a plate full of yummy pasta!
  • technically muscle doesnt weigh more then fat. if you have a pound of feathers.. and a pound of bricks... it is still a pound, its just that in one pound you can fit more muscle then you can fat (the pound of bricks are going to be way heavier then the pound of feathers) so it is true, that a 200lb person who is all muscle will look toned and sculpted while a 200lb person who is all fat, will not. im right with you with the bad eating thing. the more weight i lose the lazier i get with eating good. but i am still doing the best i can, i recommend getting a cook book called Hungry Girl 200 under 200. it is 200 recipes under 200 calories they have some delicious snacks, dessers, and mini-meals in there!
  • this isn't about the theme of your post..

but i get the salad thing too!

I cannot eat a salad..well i can but afterwords i start feeling really sick.

But if you but the salad in a wrap or bread, i love it!! It is so frustrating!
  • lol no i dont physically count calories. I cant do it. I wont do it. I have an idea when i eat something, of how many im eating; but i dont add them up or write them down. I cant bring myself to do it. I'd lost weight last month with this method, and i feel that it does work for me, but i've been terribly slack. Maccas hamburger the other day with some fries. Some pasta last week or whenever, a grilled cheese and tomato the other night... late at night.... just examples.

And i hate cooking forever =p if i can walk away from it, i dont mind. Maybe i'll look at recipe books << and pick up my game; if i want results i need to eat properly cos the exercise just doesnt cut it.