Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #1  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Default Gaining back, depressed

I hit a rough spot for being on plan, ate things such as pizza and chips. I expected to gain a pound or two, but the scale went up 10 pounds in two weeks. It has really depressed and discouraged me. All the work to lose the weight, and then it came back so easily. Help?
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Sorry about that!

Some of it is water from all the salt--but not all of it. Off plan for two weeks can easily throw a spanner in the works, especially if you weren't counting. Drink your water and stay on plan for a week and see where the scale settles out.

This is why it's better to stay on plan... It always comes on easier than it comes off.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:59 PM   #3  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

I haved gained back about 7 lbs since late Feb. I am going to have to start working and get back down. I hate re-losing the same lbs. If anything it is motivation not to see those #'s again =)
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Too have regained weight, but I have found that a few things help.
1. Drinking all my water.
2. strickly staying on plan. Eat nothing but lean protein, veggies, fruit, f/f dairy healthy fats (almonds, etc.) I'll do this for two weeks then start adding in a cheat meal if I feel like I'm back in control.
3. Don't dwell on it. It's not gonna help.
4. Look forward.
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I agree that *some* of that weight is water.

The best thing to do though - is get back on plan. Pronto. Every day spent being discouraged and depressed is a day that could be spent moving forward and making progress. Leave the past 2 weeks behind. They are history. Move forward. Re-commit to getting healthy. Make a healthy eating schedule and stick with it. Take it one day at a time. Get yourself into a new groove and before you know it, you'll have 2 on-plan weeks under your belt. Then you can string together another 2 weeks. You'll have those 10 lbs off and and more.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 05-23-2009 at 11:50 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Do not let depression/frustration derail your efforts! Get back on plan right now and work it hard!!

I was below my goal and let myself slack off a bit (didn't journal primarily). I went up 5 pounds in 2 weeks. It was a wake up call. I started negative self talk and thinking that I would gain 10 pounds a month and be right back to where I started in 4 months-- not healthy thinking!! I got my journal out, started journaling, exercising like crazy, and had my weigh in this morning-- down 3.2 pounds (in 2 weeks). Felt great to see some results!!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

oh honey. I know how you feel. I thought i was doing so good last year when i stopped going to the gym. and for awhile i was. I only gained like 2 or 3 pounds...but then somewhere i just stopped getting on the scale and weeks turned into months and then it was a year and oh my gosh....I gained 30 pounds!!!! WTH????? What did i do??? I am soooo upset with myself for not being able to fit into any of my skinny clothes. But you know what i did??? I got back on the horse. I have re-joined the gym (because that's what works for me) and now i am working out twice a day and watching what i eat. I am trying to get back to the foods that helped me to lose the weight the first time. And i can lose the weight because i've done it before. We just have to get back on that horse and do what we know works. You can do it. But being angry with ourselves is just not going to get anything accomplished. I hate having to be in the 150's and working my way down...but the alternative is not any better (going up). Come on girl...we can do this....again!! lol
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:34 AM   #8  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
I agree that *some* of that weight is water.

The best thing to do though - is get back on plan. Pronto. Every day spent being discouraged and depressed is a day that could be spent moving forward and making progress. Leave the past 2 weeks behind. They are history. Move forward. Re-commit to getting healthy. Make a healthy eating schedule and stick with it. Take it one day at a time. Get yourself into a new groove and before you know it, you'll have 2 on-plan weeks under your belt. Then you can string together another 2 weeks. You'll have those 10 lbs off and and more.

Lots of good advise here but this here above I just wanted to say...

I got similar advise 6 weeks ago from Robin and several other wise chicks and this is exactly what you have to do. Forget about the 2 weeks. FORGET IT. That's what I did (except I had to forget about a longer period of time). Move forward, plan, re-commit. This is what I did and my one week period of being on-plan became 2, which became 4, which is now 6. 6 weeks on plan. 6 weeks of consistently losing. 6 weeks of re-commitment. If *I* can do this, you can too!!!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:04 PM   #9  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Thanks for the encouragement. I lost a pound this past week. I guess right now I'm just finding the idea of being eternally and constantly vigilant to be exhausting and discouraging.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 87.1kg/82.3/67

Height: 164cms

I think it can be a bit exhausting having to watch yourself all the time, but I'm sure the benefits of being healthy and well will outweight the frustration in the end. You've done great so far, keep it up! Be kind to yourself, you're doing your best.

Awesome work getting back to your plan - 1 pound off already - another couple of weeks and it will be like that that 2 week slip-up never even happened!
yoursummerdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:56 PM   #11  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

I can't add much to Robin's excellent advice except -
This IS a journey. There will be twists and turns and detours. The real question is - what will you do when you find yourself off course?
GET BACK AT IT CHICKIE! A year from now, you won't even remember this diversion from your goal - that is - as long as you get back on the path NOW.

Forgive what is past, learn from your journey, and kick that plan into high gear!

You CAN do this! Keep us posted on your progress
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #12  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufi View Post
Thanks for the encouragement. I lost a pound this past week. I guess right now I'm just finding the idea of being eternally and constantly vigilant to be exhausting and discouraging.
I know EXACTLY how you feel. It does seem overwhelming at times to think..."oh great, I'll never get to just eat what I want when I want to again." Sometimes I get over it by thinking about how many years of my life I DID eat what I want when I wanted it. I got plenty of time in to "treat" myself, day in and day out. Though the reward wasn't a sence of fulfilment the reward was a huge blob of fat that made it very difficult to do even the simplest of chores. So do I want to eat for the love of eating, or treat my body with respect and be able to live like the human body was intended to function? I have got a taste of freedom, and it is a miracle. There is no food, function, or person who can make me go back to miserable. Sure I have a treat now and then, but that is what it is...a treat, not a cheat meal, or a cheat day or a cheat week of treats. Just a treat.

Sometimes I want to just scream out to everyone who just can't seem to make it work and tell them what they are missing out on. I really can't convey my thoughts as eloquently as many others on 3FC, I'm just a county girl with bad grammar and a hard head, but I can tell you from the bottom of my heart that you have just got to except that this is forever, like a recovering alcoholic or a junkie trying to clean up, you can't take time off and just decide to go out on a binge and think it won't hurt just this once. It messes with you. Not only mentally, but physically and emotionally. I sure hope that you get back into the groove and get the weight off once and for all. It really is worth the effort.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #13  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

ok, Lori Bell, looked at your pics and WOW! WOW! and WOW!

I get so frustrated with myself for not working harder and losing this weight. Thanks for that post, was good for me to read it.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #14  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufi View Post
I guess right now I'm just finding the idea of being eternally and constantly vigilant to be exhausting and discouraging.
Well, think about it as laundry. If you do a little bit of it every day then it doesn't get overwhelming, you can keep up. If you let it go for a few days or a week or so, then you have this huge mountain and it's hard to get caught back up.

Right now I'm working on getting back on top of my "laundry"/weight loss after a month or so of not really keeping track of my points and having my weight loss slow to a crawl.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #15  
Junior chick

S/C/G: 228/187/140

Height: 5'6

I think maybe you need to work on your mental state and get a little tough love going. You have *got* to be honest with yourself and think about what sets you off and away from your goal. If it's a certain food, for now ban that food. Maybe forever ban that food. If you find yourself in social situations and you are eating too much, then either plan some coping strategies, stay out of those situations until you are feeling good and strong, or bring along your own food. If you're anything like me, it's just too easy to let one day's bad eating slide into a week...a month...and you've gained it all back. You really do have to re-train your thinking and habits and it's hard...really hard. But it's so worth it. Put on those gloves and come out slugging!
Peep Smith is offline   Reply With Quote