3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Phenthermine (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/172361-phenthermine.html)

Breannaj1215 05-23-2009 12:22 AM

Phenthermine

Is anybody taking this weight loss pill? And what kind of "diet" do you do with it. I just got it today from my dr.

Savora 05-23-2009 07:15 AM

i'm taking tenuate it's the same thing basically i just do a low cal diet with it but try to eat 3-5 times a day because you won't be that hungry

Jeannette311 05-23-2009 01:08 PM

My doc gave it to me for a month and I lost with it, but as soon as I went off it, I gained it all back. I had to force myself to eat when I was on it.

Lori Bell 05-23-2009 01:30 PM

The stuff is glorified speed and made me crazy. Seriously, I went off the deep end when I tried it 6-7 years ago. Sure I lost weight, but it also caused severe anxiety and heart palpitations. I lost 40 pounds on the stuff and when I finally stopped I gained back 140.

harrismm 05-24-2009 12:15 AM

I am a nurse and have heard many stories (negetive).It is an upper.A friend of mine had hypertension and vision loss.if you continue to use it, do so short term and be mindful of any unusual symptoms.

Tracy 05-24-2009 05:10 PM

I went to the dr.'s on Thurs.and he prescribed it. I am starting on it tommorrow. I plan to follow weight watchers. I am hoping it gives me some energy to exercise,because right now I have no energy at all.

thistoo 05-25-2009 11:10 AM

I'm taking it right now, have been since the end of February. For me, the 'appetite suppression' part doesn't really work. (Not surprising, considering my weird body!) So I'm still as hungry as ever, and I'm having no trouble getting to my calorie limit every day (1200-1400 calories, my plan is calorie counting). The silver lining about that is that I'm not dropping weight just because I'm not eating, so when I stop taking it I won't gain a bunch back.

After the first week the extra energy boost wore off for me as well, which is a bummer, but that's the way uppers work, so it's not surprising. The reason I'm still taking it is because I think it's really helping with my metabolism, which has always been a big problem for me. So I guess I am lucky in the respect that while I am not dropping huge numbers on Phen, I'm not experiencing any of the major negatives, either.

I get my blood pressure checked every three months, and I have to go pick up a new prescription every month, which is a hassle. I don't think I'll take it past the summer, but for now it's a useful tool.

Breannaj1215 05-25-2009 07:09 PM

I just started today. So far so good. Well see. Im more about the metabolism part.

Tracy 05-26-2009 05:14 PM

I have been on phenterimine for 2 days now. I don't have an appetite,and have to
make myself eat. I know my body is going to get used tothe pill, and then wont
work. Does anyone know how long the pills work?