A milestone for me

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So On Jan 1, 2009 I stepped on the scale and was horrified to see 341. This was my stating point. Today I got on the scale and weight 316.

25 lbs gone forever!!

About 5 months to lose those 25 lbs, but slow and steady is what's working for me.
  • congrats! nothing wrong with 'slow and steady'....that definitely increases your chances of keeping the weight off, not just losing it. way to go!!
  • Way To Go, Ducky!!!! Keep it up. I mean down, down I say, Keep it Down.
  • Congrats! Slow and steady is the way to go - it's about a lifestyle change not a diet - keep it up and good luck
  • GlitterDucky, I've lost the same amount in the same time frame. Sometimes I feel it's unbearably slow, but just think about it--we could be about 60 pounds lighter on January 1, 2010 than we were on January 1, 2009. That makes it seem a little better!
  • I'm also on the 'slow and steady' track. I've tried 'sprinting' in the past and always burned out. It's hard to watch it come off S-L-O-W and yet I've now lost more weight than I ever have before, it truly does add up over time.

Keep going. There is no 'end' or true destination at which point our lives are transformed and the problem is all solved. It will be a continuous slow and steady for our whole lives so we may as well ease into it in a natural way. Before you know it, that darn '3' will be GONE. You're doing great.
  • Congratulations, that's a great loss and sustainable!

• 25 lbs lost is awesome! You must be feeling wonderful. Keep up the good work. Just keep on going.

• Congratulations! Nothing wrong with slow and steady; that's how it went for me as well.
  • Congrats to you. Way to go.
  • Congratulations,that's wonderful!
  • Congrats, Glitterducky!! That is a major hurdle to overcome and you did it!! Keep going!!
  • Way to go! It doesnt matter how slow or how fast you lose it, the point is your dedicated to it and YOU ARE DOING IT! Keep up the great work!
  • Nothing wrong with slow. Slow is good! YOU ARE DOING GREAT!!!
  • Thats a great loss.Could be 70lbs at end of a year.Thats amazing.