Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-21-2009, 02:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/226/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Goodbye Love Handles! (I hope..)

Or, more like love steering wheels! Yikes! I just can't seem to get rid of these bad boys. They're unattractive and make every shirt I wear look ridiculous!
I got a blood test done yesterday to check for hypothyroidism. As I wait for the results, any words of wisdom would be much appreciated.
Do you have it? How do you manage it? Is it possible to lose weight with medication?
I'm trying to stay on track with my diet whether I do or do not have hypothyroidism.
Thank you, thank you!

PatientlyWeighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

i do have it, and i take 75 mg of synthroid each morning-so far i dont have any negative side effects of the numbers and ive lost 8 lbs, so i would say yes with diet/excercise all should go well!
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 231/226/150

Height: 5'6"

That's great! How long have you been taking the pills for, if you don't mind me asking? My sister is still morbidly obese and I think my dad is in the obese category. I guess I see that and kind of get frightened that I'll be the same way. Then again, they both eat carelessly and hardly lift a remote to the television. And I've been dieting (u g h. I dream of a cheesesteak and french fries!!!) and exercising (I have "Bike butt" - The insane pain of a small bike seat)
PatientlyWeighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

haha i know all about bike butt!! i love the bike, but man, after about 25 mins it HURTS but thats great youre moving and grooving the excercise and dieting thing i dont stick to mine as much as i should, but ive been on the meds since the end of march, about 8 wks this wk i think..it takes 6-8 for your body to really respond to the medicine, so hopefully i will start seeing some more drastic results-
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote