Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2002, 08:35 AM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers#149

Welcome to a great support group of other Christians who are there for each other in Prayer and support. Everyone is Welcome!
Old 06-16-2002, 09:04 AM   #2  

Hello to all!
I had a really tough time at work last night saying goodbye I cried all the way home and prayed that I had made a mistake because I really enjoyed the people I worked with.

Wilma-I am praying that your headache is better I get those and I know there not fun. Enjoy DS grad I think where did the time go? And thanks for the website I meant to buy the magazine but forgot.

Amy-I think are body thinks it is starving when we go through a big cal. change and at first it uses the fat but then it starts hanging on to it that is why when we have a free day and think we blow it and we find we have lost instead. Maybe when you hit the plateau eat a few more cal but i doesnt have to be high cal or fat.

Gutchie-Hang in there maybe you need a free food day. I will pray for Carly I know the family must feel bad. Praise God on your DH being baptized.

EZ-Wow what a freak accident! I will keep her family in prayer. I am Luthern what synod is he? Wells or Missouri?

Zoe-Wow You are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Zoe keep praying for your husband. My grandfather use to take my grandma to church and stand outside and talk to others while church went on. This went on for 20yrs! Then one day he went in ended up being baptized and was a great witness to his grown children. He told them the only regret he had in life was Not knowing the Lord sooner. There is always hope and we are praying!

Bree-My SIL had many tattoos she belived that her body was a temple and she was decorating it! But as time has passed she really wishes she didn't have them. (she is only 39) I guess you need to think ahead what if you had to go somewhere dressy maybe a business trip would it embarrass you if they showed?

Have a great day! Hey EZ have a happy Fathers day!
Old 06-16-2002, 11:52 AM   #3  
Quit counting at 45!

Wow! What a busy place! I love it! Thanks so much for your prayers for my headache. It's taken a long time but I feel like the end of it is in sight. I stayed home from church this morning because when I have a headache I can't concentrate on anything and I get kind of irritable. People don't need to see that. It's a dull ache right now. (I get these monthly but nothing as severe as this one was.)

On a positive note I have lost 1 lb. this week. Not bad considering I had ice cream twice and it's TOM.

Gutchie: Praise the Lord!! It's so exciting that your DH has been baptized. Now you have the common bond and your marriage should get even better. (MY DS is getting baptized in August. We're very thrilled that he made the decision to follow God.) I will pray for little Carly. Please keep us posted.

Amy: Plateaus. Wonderful things aren't they? What kind of exercises are you doing? I read somewhere that if you are on a plateau to change the type of exercise you're doing for a bit. It tricks the body. While walking try to jog a couple of steps or go biking or something completely different. Keep up the good work and don't give up!

Gary: Have fun at the Pastor Party. sounds like fun!! We're supposed to be going to a wedding shower/barbeque tonight. Hopefully my head lets me go!

Zoe: Wow! You're doing awesome! You go girl!!

Bree: Tatoos! This is a hot topic around my house with 2 boys. One is afraid of needles so I never need to worry about him getting one but the other thinks it would be cool to get one. My advice to you would be to really pray about it. God will let you know what He thinks. If you don't have peace about it then it's the wrong thing to do. I'll be praying for you!

Sami: It's so hard to leave a job isn't it? I don't know what I would do if I ever had to leave mine. I really enjoy it and the people I work with. Just remember that you're on to bigger and better things. right??

Have a great day!
Old 06-17-2002, 12:07 AM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry SUNDAY NIGHT

HI LADIES--
Just a quick check-in, had a great Fathers Day, got a new Laker and Dodger t-shirt from the kids and a baseball book from the wife, went to church with my family and my ex-wife and her family. All of us celbrating her brothers ordination coming up-- he should be installed in his church in 3 weeks-- I mentioned it was in Missouri--oops! that is where he vicared, his call is in Oklahoma. SAMI , he is Missouri Synod also, like me. Then I spent the day at my step-D's softball games- lost one again to start then had to come all the way through the losers bracket to win-- from 9:30 unti 6:00-- 4 games today, they even played 1 team 3 times! My wife and kids then took me out to the new pizza place and brewery in town-- very cool.
WILMA- I am so sorry that your headaches won't go away-- it must be horrible Well I am going to get off now, my ex-BIL's daughter is coming to spend the night with my daughter-- it is so weired that she hasn't headed back to college for the week-- ONE HAPPY DAD -
IN CHRIST-Gary
Old 06-17-2002, 08:08 AM   #5  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Monday!!

Hello my friends ~

Well, it's Monday, weigh day......I have finished week #2 in it's entirety and I am please to announce another 4.5 pounds!! Woo Hoo!!! A grand total of 9.5.....that's 9 1/2......wow, nine a a half pounds!!! I am so excited. Only a half a pound from my first mini goal and I have 2 weeks till the 4th of July.

Ok, enough of my dancing around. I have to run to work now but I'll be back tonight.

Have a wonderfully blessed Monday. Talk to you all tonight,
Old 06-17-2002, 09:57 AM   #6  

Red face Monday, monday..

Hey y'all... well it's monday and I weigh the SAME THING I did last Monday. BLAH!! But, it is okay. I am so thankful that the Lord has brought me this far and I am happy just to rest in Him. The scales will move when it is His time.

Wow - I missed all the tattoo discussion! So Bree - what did you decide to do? I am 34 and I will confess that I have thought about it too! But, I am a big weenie when it comes to needles and pain, so I don't think I would ever do it. Maybe you should try one of those temporary tattoos?!? Anyway, I know that God is more concerned with what is in your heart so if you just spend some time talking about it with Him you will know what to do. The only thing I will say about it is that if you do decide to have one make sure you go to a reputable tattoo artist. You open yourself up for a whole bunch of medical risks if you aren't careful! We want you to be with us - happy and healthy - for a long time!

Wilma - I know how you feel with the headache struggle. I could start a whole new thread about that topic. I hope you are better today. I am thinking about you.

sami - don't cry! I hope things seem better today. Let us know how we can pray for you.

Gutchie - I am so happy for you and your family! Tell your husband that I said welcome to God's forever family.

Zoe - I am doing the happy dance for you girlfriend! Don't you just love to see those numbers go DOWN. How will you reward yourself when you reach your 7/4 goal?

Gary - hey G-man! I am glad you had a great Dad's day. I think it is so cool that you went to church with your family and your ex's family too. Is that weird? We are all still friendly with my sister's ex-husband and his family because of their daughter and sometimes it is a little awkward.

My question for the day is - what exercise does everyone do? I have GOT to get my backside in gear and get some exercise. But if I could pay someone to do it I would. Any thoughts?

Have a GREAT day everyone!! Amy
Old 06-17-2002, 10:36 AM   #7  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning! It's a gorgeous day here, my headache is gone finally and all is well. thank you so much for your prayers.

Gary: Glad your Father's day was so good. We were just happy that my DH got the day off. We spent the afternoon together and then went to the shower/barbeque. It was nice to get out after being cooped up for a few days.

ZOE: WOW! YEAH! YIPPIE! I'm so proud of you for sticking to it. Keep dancing! You'll loose even more weight!!

Amy: Keep your chin up! At least you're not gaining. Your body may be doing some adjusting. To answer your exercise question - I do weight in the am and then go for walks when I can in the evenings.

Hello to all the rest of you out there. Have a super day!!
Old 06-17-2002, 10:54 AM   #8  
Growing in Christ

Hello all!

Well, didn't have a great food week last week, and the scales only confirmed that this morning Oh well, today is a new day!!!

I'd like to ask for your prayers this week... my 3.5 yo has to have some tests done having to do w/her bladder reflux. I'm praying not only that the condition has improved, but that the procedure itself would be painless, and the LEAST uncomfortable possible!!! For her and me!

A belated welcome Amy!!!!

Glad to read you all are doing so well... keep it up! (or down if we're talking weight )

Patricia
Old 06-18-2002, 09:17 AM   #9  

Angry Good morning!

Hi everyone. I was just thinking about you Patricia - I hope everything went well with your little one's tests. I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old so I can definitely relate to your feelings. I would rather go through it myself than watch my children go through anything! The Lord just brought you to my mind so I wanted to tell you we were praying for you. Let us know how everything went.

Is anyone doing Atkins/low-carb/SugarBuster's? Do you sometimes feel like it makes you lose brain cells in addition to pounds? I guess I should go check out the low-carb thread and see what they say, huh? Oh well, just wondering!

Hey Zoe - I thought about you yesterday. I was driving home from work and the song "I'm Gonna Soak up the Sun" by Sheryl Crow was on the radio. I cranked it up and was singing along and it reminded my of you - soaking up the SON in Texas!!

Hope everyone has a great day! Amy
Old 06-19-2002, 12:33 AM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry Tuesday Evening

HI EVERYONE-
Just a quick check-in before bed. Been working on a side job this week on a friends house from church. My wife is also bringing home carpet samples every day for me to look at ( I just LOVE it when she gets a feww days off from teaching before summer school ) she is also getting roof estimates, so going over those each night does not leave much time for posting.
AMY- - I also love that song from Cheryl Crowe, the video too. PATRICIA- I am so sorry for your little one, my prayers are with you both.WILMA - I am glad your headache is finally gone, keep walking and drinking that water. ZOE - Keep on dancing girl- that burns the calories too!
AMY - I almost forgot, the best all around exercise as far as I am concerned is just plain ol' walking-- easy on the knees and something that anyone can do. My daughter says she learned in her nutrition class at college that it is not how far you go but for how long. In other words if you run a mile or walk it you still burn off the same amount of calories, of course it takes longer to walk it. I have walked a 26.2 marathon with my wife in 5hrs. and 43min., we have also walked alot of 20 mile trips. Try to vary your route-- we have alot of walking clubs here in California. My wife does prefer running though (even though she tends to get hurt!) she also works out alot on the weight machine and stretches alot to stay limber. If you don't exercise much I suggest start with walking and progress from there at your own level.
Well outta here LADIES-- In His LOVE- Gary
Old 06-19-2002, 10:20 AM   #11  

Blessing this morning!
I started my new job this week and so far I love it! It is hard to start all over again getting to know all new people. I went back to my speicalist and they changed some of my meds and wants me to do streaching exercise everyday maybe this is what I need to get me started in the right track.

Zoe-I am so happy for you!!!! I hope I will be dancing here soon!

Patricia-I will be keeping your DD in my prayers. Keep us posted.

amy-There is a lady in my neighborhood that I have seen walking and she has gone from a lg size to sm and It didn't seem to take to long.

wilma-How is your walking going?

EZ-When you are done with your house I could use someone to help with painting here! I need something to help firm my upper arms would weights do it?

I do have a prayer request My kids go to a small christian school they have lost 2 teachers this year. One left to work with his son and the other took a call to teach at another school. Since the school is so small the classrooms are set up K then 1,2 together and3,4,5 together and 6,7,8 together so you see to lose two teachers we have lost 50% of our staff! And The teacher that just took the call would have been the teacher to my DD who struggles we had just worked out a plan for next year to help her. So I am praying about should I maybe put my kids in public school? Thanks for your prayers on this matter.

Sami
Old 06-19-2002, 10:36 AM   #12  

Angry good morning from Georgia

Hey y'all! I've never used the colors before so I thought I would give it a go! Hey Sami I just wanted to tell you that I am praying for your school situation. My son will be starting kindegarten this fall and it has been such a cause for prayer for us. We want to do the right thing for him and school is such an important thing!!!! So, I know you are concerned. But you also know that God has already made provision for the whole situation and He won't let you down!

Gary - I didn't know that about walking. I really like to walk but can't seem to get myself motivated. Maybe I should start my own walking club! Don' t know if I could do 20 miles though...

Well, better go do some work. Bye!!
Old 06-19-2002, 08:28 PM   #13  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Good Evening my fellow followers of Christ

Just stopping by for a moment to say hello and see how everyone is.

Sami ~ I was thinking about you this week with your new job. I know what you mean about having to get to know all those strangers. I'm so happy that you're loving it. I will pray for your kids and school.

Amy ~ exercise?? What exercise????? Ok, so I really do need to start some sort of exercise program. I want to walk but the hot Texas sun doesn't allow much of that until dark and every then, it's so HOT. By the way, I'm doing WW points and it seems to be working for me.

Wilma ~ praise God for your headache being gone. Enjoy that beautiful weather.

Patricia ~ my prayers with your son and the tests.

Gary ~ carpet samples, huh? We just had new carpet installed and I am here to tell ya that it's an odeal. I feel so "put out" in my own house with these men working and walking around but it looks great. And Gary, keep on talking about that exercising.....I need the incentive.

Hi to the rest of you's guys. Have a wonderful evening. Talk to ya'll tomorrow.

In Christ,
Patti and Zoe <><
Old 06-19-2002, 11:45 PM   #14  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry WEDNESDAY NIGHT IN CALIFORNIA

HEY LADIES-
How is everyone doing tonight? I hope you are all exhausted from your work-outs!! me too -- yea right!! Actually I just finished powering down some chicken fajitas my wife made- pretty good.
SAMI- Congrats on the new job! Stretching is great for you-- as I have mentioned before my wife LOVES it. She will lay on the floor and stretch for an hour sometimes--me? nah! but when I am training and do it I wonder why I don't do it all the time too. About the christian school, my children and step-D, went from pre-school through 8th grade at our small school (my DD 8th grade graduating class of 5!! all went to different high schools later.) I am so thankfull that they had the opportunity to go-HOWEVER- they had, my two had the greatest time in public high school-- class officers and sports, yearbook, etc. my step-d is 9th next year. I hate it when people----NOT YOU!!-- generalize on how bad the public system is (Dr,. Laura for one-- and I am a fan of hers) I am married to a wonderfull public school teacher and my son is going to be one, I also have many friends who are and they are terrific people who care very much for children. As in any occupation though there are idiots-- that's why the parent involvement is the key issue here. With a good christian upbringing and solid parents it doesn't matter where your child goes as far as I am concerned. Some of the kids at our church school are there because they are too rough for the public school and someone- usually the grandparent took the time to take over their upbringing. I will pray for the Lords will to be done for you, don't you worry girl, your kids have a great mom!!
AMY- Great idea on starting your walking club! We didn't start right off with 20 milers, we started at 2 and worked our way up through the program-- it was for 6 months.
ZOE- Sounds like you are doing some remodeling, people usually are pretty tired of it by the time my trade comes along- drywall. We are having a terrible time picking out just the RIGHT carpet!! We agree on everything, that is until we see something else we like better, then deciding between them is rough.
Sami, yes the weights will tighten up those arms, my wife is pretty toned and my son-- it takes all he has to get muscle--6'4" and 175! THIN! but it takes time and patience and determination and a ROUTINE that you can stick with most of the time until the changes take place-- it has to become your way of life not just something every now and then.
Off to the grocery store--LOVE you guys--IN CHRIST, Gary
HI to all I missed
Old 06-22-2002, 01:11 PM   #15  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hi everyone ~ Just stopping in before I go to the mall. Greg and Chris are playing golf late today rather than in the morning so in response to that, I will spend money. (hey Gary, is that what happens????) Anyway I'm just thinking that I want to go to the mall ~ I want to buy some new window treatments for my living room. We redecorated and put in new windows. I put the 2 inch plantation wood blinds up and they look GREAT but I don't want to cover them up. So I am going to look at just a valance. the room is light......a pale lavander on the walls, white trim and blinds, different shades of lavander/lilacs and greens. I love that room now......so that is my plan for today.

I'm still OP ~ 99% ~ the other 1% well, we had pizza last night and that makes me feel like I cheated although it's pretty healthy and a balanced meal. Maybe I just ate too much of it. I did sneak a peek at the scale on Thursday morning (4 days too early) and without saying any number, I am thinking that I just might be smiling again this Monday at weigh in.

I hope that y'all are having a great weekend so far. I'll be back later........have a great day!

In Christ's Love,
Patti and Zoe <><

P.S. Hey Gary, Greg does all the work himself so it takes alot longer but so much cheaper.
Closed Thread