I looked into this back in December when I was researching the GWF, and back then I decided it was "vaporware", it'd never actually hit the market.
Now, though, I have to say, I'm incredibly impressed by the posts on their blog! It's amazing watching them go through the manufacturing and design process, and from what I can tell, it looks like they're really putting some great thought into this product.
What I like about it, compared to the GWF, judging from their website:
* Cheaper, and no monthly fee
* Wouldn't have to wear it on my arm, which would make tanning a lot easier.
* Automatic wireless uploading!
* Much nicer website, very nice design, and what look like some really nice food tracking features, enough to give TDP a run for its money... can you really just enter "how much" of something and it figures out the calculations for you? Very cool.
* They seem to be really trying to do everything in the smartest possible way, which impresses me.
What I don't like about it, judging from their website:
* It doesn't actually exist on the market yet, and no one who's reviewed it has actually tried one.
* I'm skeptical that it will be as accurate as the GWF, given that it won't have sweat or body temp sensing, and it won't always be worn in the same place. The accelerometer technology will be the same, but how will it know if it's being worn on your collar or your hip or your sleeve? Wouldn't our motion be a lot different in different locations? A step would feel different on my neck than on my wrist or waist, wouldn't it? And can you really measure everything through motion alone? I guess it's possible, but I'm skeptical. I'd definitely want to measure it up against my armband for a few weeks to compare.
But yeah, this has me excited... I'm looking forward to seeing reviews of actual devices, and at the very least I think that food tracker might end up being even better than TDP!