Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #16  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

I am tired of alot of things. But mostly I am tired of being way overweight.Of putting clothes on in the morning wondering if they will fit. Going in a restaurant wondering if I'll fit in the booth. So for these reasons I will not give up.

Last edited by Tracy; 05-17-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:09 AM   #17  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Exactly what I was going to say, Tracy!

I'm tired of being overweight.
I'm tired of not being able to run all the way round my 6km block.
I'm tired of having to suck my stomach in to do my jeans up.
I'm tired of having to hold my breath when I do my shoelaces up.
I'm tired of having to plan to take all the laundry downstairs at once so I don't have to climb up the stairs more than once.
I'm tired of feeling deflated when I have to carry the emergency pager at work, because I know I'll have to run up and down the stairs when it goes off.
I'm tired of planning where I'm going to park to minimise the amount of walking I'll have to do to get round the shops.

But now that I'm starting to shift some weight, I'm loving:
Having more energy to run round with my kids (just a shame they're teenagers now and don't want mum running round like a lunatic!)
A better sex life - I'm less self-conscious about my body, and I have more energy.
Waking up in the morning and jumping out of bed.
Being able to run continuously for 5 of my 6km block.
Clothes! I need to win the lottery, then I can buy all the funky new clothes I like.

Cheers!
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #18  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

I hear ya. Sometimes I get tired, too. I wonder sometimes if all this effort is worth it.

But, ya know... I get tired of other things in life, not just dieting. On Mondays I am usually tired of working! Sometimes I get tired of paying bills, cleaning the house or grocery shopping. But ya know what? All of those things pay off in the end. I get a nice paycheck, I own a home! I get to decide what to have for dinner and eat wonderful summer produce. And so like dieting, when I get tired of logging my calories, of putting in the extra effort to go exercise, of choosing the healthiest (but maybe not the yummiest) thing on the menu.... I remind myself that it, too, pays off in the end.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote