Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-11-2009, 07:07 AM   #1  

Default Help.. A damsel in distress

Hello to all

I would like to know, how do you maintain a healthy body if your work requires you to render service in the night shift? I hope you could reply back to me.

Thanks.
Sophia Elise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:09 AM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to 3FC. Do you sleep all day?
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:23 AM   #3  
No description available.

I consider my food within the context of the entire 24 hrs....so I will plan and space out food/meals/exercise depending on what I need to do/be/deliver, etc. in that 24 hr cycle.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #4  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

When I used to alternate night shifts (literally, working 12-8 a.m.) I found it was tougher to lose but I could maintain as long as I set my foods out the same way, spaced apart, like I would if I got up at 8 a.m.

It can be a bit tricky, especially if you switch on and off nights, but I think it's definitely do-able to maintain.

Good luck!
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #5  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 210/210/160

Height: 5' 8"

I used to work rotating shifts and while I wasn't actively trying to lose weight at the time, that was (for some reason) the healthiest weight I had been until I started my weight loss in the fall. Very carefully planning out my food was the key for me. What I was goingto have fore breakfas, what meal I was going to take for "lunch", even if lunch was at noon, 8 pm, or 4 am. Planning out enough snacks was important too, to keep me away from the vending machines.
kestrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I think there's a thread for night shift workers. Let me see if I can find it.

ETA ... I didn't find an actual thread but if you put 'night shift' into search you'll find lots of folks who work nights.

Last edited by srmb60; 05-11-2009 at 11:07 AM.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:05 AM   #7  
Night Shift chickie!

S/C/G: 189/159.6/150

Height: 5'6

hey! i work the night shift (8pm-4am) so i know how hard it can be. i think i do best by packing a lunch for work plus snacks. at my job we dont get a lunch break because 'there isnt anywhere open to go to lunch'. but i take a break at midnight anyways to make sure i eat. and i try really hard to make myself eat breakfast before i leave, but i know that can be super hard, cuz i never feel like eating right when i wake up. i also belong to a 24-hour gym, which is a lifesaver. they arent that much more expensive, if at all, and i found mine though a google search. and as hard as it might be, try to resist those late night 7-11/taco bell runs. the kids at my job do them all the time. i hope this helps.
sassybangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 97/78/65 - 214/172/143

Height: 168cm - 5'6

My last job was 11pm until 8am and it was HARD! I sympathise - I think the number one thing you can do is ensure you get your 7 hours sleep every day, as regular as you possibly can. Otherwise you'll end up being all over the place all of the time.
Try to go to bed and get up at the same time every day - if possible.
merose is offline   Reply With Quote