3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   What came over me... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/171030-what-came-over-me.html)

smh219 05-05-2009 09:28 PM

What came over me...

ACCK! I was doing so well.. :( well, sort of.

It's nearing the end of the semester and I won't say that I haven't been stressed, but I don't abuse food when I'm stressed.. well, at least I thought I didn't! Today I was able to get off campus and went to a really exotic shopping market, where I bought a pint of gelato, jalapeno chocolate. Ahhh. :love: I mean, :cry: ! I wound up eating the WHOLE PINT.

I HATE those ice cream pints. They're the perfect size for holding and eating..eating... eating until you realize you've ingested 900 calories. :( I try to avoid them because it's SO easy to just eat the whole thing.

I am really angry at myself ... the only thing I can do I guess is to go to the gym tonight. :(

tarryn 05-05-2009 09:36 PM

I know what you mean! Honestly in this 6 months ive been lossing weight thats the ONE thing ive learnt. DONT buy it!

If u want some ice cream, buy a tiny bar, not a whole pint because we all know where thats gonna go. Even if its not all in one go, it WILL be finished.

There is no point stresssing over it, hopefully u will learn from this mistake. We all slip up and its OK just dont make it a regular thing.

Icecream is also my weakness so i try to just stay as far away as possible!

RachelOnADiet 05-05-2009 11:04 PM

Oh man, I love ice cream and I miss it a lot! I feel your pain though, I'm in the middle of finals right now and, unfortunately, I AM a stress eater. Don't even think about getting me in the same room with cookies....

Don't beat yourself up too much, you made a mistake but now you know what to do (or not do) next time. I pretty much have to avoid cookies at all costs!

smh219 05-06-2009 01:47 AM

Ahh, thanks guys... you're right. We make mistakes and tomorrow is another day *poses like Scarlett* ;)
It's just something that I am learning through this journey. I don't have a lot of self control. I pray that will change.

:carrot: Good luck Rachel... we can get through our finals without caving in!!!!! :carrot:

Delphi 05-06-2009 06:00 AM

Simply chalk it up to a simple mistake and jump back on the wagon. I can definitely relate though...Ice Cream is my weakness!

smh219 05-07-2009 02:53 AM

Hey guys,
just an update :) Today I went to the gym and alternated between walking and jogging for 40 minutes :carrot: I feel a lot better though still daunted by the task of figuring out what and how much to eat.
Also, I noticed something funny. I brought along a book that I had to read for homework - it covered up the time counter on the treadmill. Normally I am ready to jump ship around 30 minutes, but this time I felt like I could have gone on for another 10!!! :p I chalk it up to being unable to see the timer... hey, I'll have to do that more often.