Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #16  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

We're going on a guided morel mushroom hunt this weekend - it might be a week too soon. No matter what, though - we're going to know what to look for, and then ... woohoo! Rumor has it that there's some very good hunting close to where we live. Of course, we're going to have to find them ourselves, cuz no one's going to give up the location of these prize delectables!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #17  
Junior chick

S/C/G: 228/187/140

Height: 5'6

Raspberries! Blueberries! I'm in heaven!
Peep Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #18  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
We're going on a guided morel mushroom hunt this weekend - it might be a week too soon. No matter what, though - we're going to know what to look for, and then ... woohoo! Rumor has it that there's some very good hunting close to where we live. Of course, we're going to have to find them ourselves, cuz no one's going to give up the location of these prize delectables!
AWESOME! Here is a link to a CRAZY message board for your area. Some people are very serious, some are not, but you can get an idea of what is going on in your state. HAVE FUN!!

http://www.morels.com/southernmichigan/
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

Asparagus (how long is all this great asparagus going to last, I wonder?)
Strawberries (actually got started a little early on the strawberries)
Radishes

Need tomatoes ...

Have already had avocados this season, and they were good. I love May for the avocados! Seriously might be my favorite food. Last time the husband and I had avocado sandwiches, I adapted to lower cals by spreading just one piece of bread with laughing cow swiss cheese and topping with sliced avocado & tomato.

I also have various things that aren't of this season, of course ... even though I have been trying to eat more local and in-season. I just really like cauliflower, brussel sprouts, blueberries, apples and I am still finding acceptable winter citrus (got attached to my oranges and grapefruits in the a.m.). The blueberries, though, will get real good mid-summer.
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:23 PM   #20  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Asparagus on the grill with olive oil and a little salt. It's heaven! Went to our first Farmer's Market here last weekend. Got tomatoes, asparagus, cauliflower and peppers. The asparagus was the only local stuff though. I cooked mushrooms, onions and zucchini on the grill too!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #21  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Fresh pineapple is the best!
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #22  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

me i like strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, corn on the cob, snap peas (pod and all) cantelope, watermelon, that is it for now i am sure i will be back with more.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote