Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-03-2009, 08:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Default Left for 2 weeks

So i havent been on here for a few weeks and without this website I dont stick to my "diet". I am counting calories and I cant seem to stick with it without my support. My Skinny bf has decided to help me. I have to get back on it but i think i need some kind of plan. Counting calories and eating whatever i want leads to either binging or not stayng with it. I need some kind of words of widsom or something. PLEASE HELP. I cant live like this anymore.
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #2  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Don't despair! You've made the first step. You need to research the various plans and pick one that works with your lifestyle. There are lots of threads with the various plans, so start looking and make the committment!
Once you do it, and you stick with it, you'll feel much, much better.
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:51 AM   #3  
sugar is the devil

I was wondering where you went to.... am glad that you have support from your boyfriend now

Maybe the counting calorie method isn't working for you? What works for some, doesn't for others. Do you think you can find a dif method thats more "doable" for you?
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

welcome back...I find coming here helps me stay on track too

there's alot of great advice around, but I believe it is calories in and calories out. alot of plans hide that you are cutting calories usually by cutting food groups. I don't like counting calories everyday, it gets tiring and I'm not sure I want to count calories everyday for the rest of my life.

what I've been doing is playing around with some meal plans (fitday, and people have recommend sparkpeople.com recently) and count them for a few days to get an idea how much I should be eating and have been sticking to that. I try to make healthier choices when going out to eat lately. I find when I'm eating healthier foods I actually go under my calorie count goal.
I try not to feel too bad if I do slip up..and just get back on plan right away, the next meal, same day.

keep coming back here, it really does help to have support and know you aren't alone!

Last edited by ringmaster; 05-04-2009 at 05:59 AM.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:48 PM   #5  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breannaj1215 View Post
So i havent been on here for a few weeks and without this website I dont stick to my "diet". I am counting calories and I cant seem to stick with it without my support. My Skinny bf has decided to help me. I have to get back on it but i think i need some kind of plan. Counting calories and eating whatever i want leads to either binging or not stayng with it. I need some kind of words of widsom or something. PLEASE HELP. I cant live like this anymore.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean you eat what ever you want when you count calories, or do you mean you *either* "count calories" OR "eat what ever you want"?

I have counted calories for 14 months, and I certainly do not eat whatever I "want". If I did, I'd still be 333+ pounds. I do however, eat what I need.
I steer clear of excessive carbs and sugar and nuts. These things trigger massive and dangerous craving in me. It also takes a long time to get the cravings out of my system when I do slip up. Don't discount the calorie counting thing. Not all calories are created equal. A person had to learn what calories are good for them and which ones are not.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #6  
rainy

Have you looked at WW? I'm not an expert and it is not my plan, but it could be of help for you.