3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   this is too much... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/170827-too-much.html)

katiejames 05-03-2009 07:48 PM

this is too much...

i am sobbing as i write this now..4 times today 4 different people asked if i was preg. i also went shopping.. for summer clothes..and lets just say..nothing fit right at all. i am at my wits end... i go to the doc tomorrow for lab work and i go see her next week. and i am ashamed to say that i have still not lost weight.. i have gained. why? i do not eat that much. seriously..i do not sit and stuff my face with greasy foods or fried foods or i dont eat alot of junk food. i eat very little because i actually get sick because of my stomach problems. and if i eat too much my liver hurts soo bad..no joke. i eat mostly cereal with fat free milk. i eat grilled chicken ceasar salads or chicken pitas with grilled chicken. i eat apples and grapes and good stuff. i eat low fat and low salt foods yet here i am 250 pounds. i cant stop crying. and i feel alone. i feel disgusting.

ringmaster 05-03-2009 07:56 PM

{{{{hugs}}}} I know it's tough, hang in there!

Jeannette311 05-03-2009 08:04 PM

*hugs*

I hear you on that one. I went through a LONG binge and I'm putting it behind me. Now I'm left with the shame and guilt and frustration...leaving me with the urge to binge again. It's a vicious cycle, but one that I can control. I can't imagine how hard it is for you...you're doing everything RIGHT and still not seeing progress. I think it's good that you're seeing your doctor. It could be something medical that can be fixed.

Good luck and keep us updated. *BIGHUGS*

kiramira 05-03-2009 08:12 PM

Aw, hon! It'll be OK. Promise. Being overweight isn't permanent, and it is something you CAN do something about. But it won't happen overnight.
It might be the amount that you are eating, as well as "hidden calories" that you wouldn't ordinarily think about. And I KNOW you are doing the best that you can do.
Listen, we are the SAME height, and I started at 244lbs. So I totally get where you are coming from. Seriously. It'll be OK.
You need to have a good cry. Then you need to look all over this board for a program or plan that appeals to you. You need to take a really, really honest look at what you are eating. And then you need to act.
Oh, and you'll need patience.
But it CAN be done. There are lots of people here who will help you along your path. And every journey starts with ONE STEP.
Kira

LittleMoonRabbit 05-03-2009 08:18 PM

Kiramira is right... your weight doesn't have to be a permanent thing. Change can happen for each and every one of us. Be strong, you can do it! Maybe you can work with a nutritionist to help you find a diet that will work with your stomach so it doesn't hurt. Take small steps, take it one step at a time...

you CAN do this!!! We're here for you.

Delphi 05-03-2009 08:40 PM

Hang in there! I know it's a tough road but you can do this! *hugs*

Buttercup 05-03-2009 08:42 PM

:hug: I know exactly how you feel. So do the others on 3FC. I know you feel all alone and that you can't do it. BUT...you can! It is good to go to the doctor. Tell them how you feel. My nutrtionist was my lifesaver. I resisted going to one for so long because I thought it made me a failure if I went. The doctor will run tests, maybe your gall bladder is making you hurt. Join a gym or just get out and walk. Do it for you. I have faith you will succeed. We are all here for you. When you get down, just come read the message boards. I always sign off feeling a whole lot better. Keep us informed on what the doctor says. :hug:

tlp06289 05-03-2009 08:52 PM

I know its tough, and at times I want to just give up, but I realized giving up gets me nowhere. One thing I can recommend, and I know its sounds dumb, but try a little experiment. Take a journal, and DONT try and diet that day, just act like you normally do, and write down absolutely everything you eat (even gum)..dressing for salads, little handfuls of snacks you graze on during the day, sodas, and juices all add up. So anyways, at the end of that day, total all the calories, and see how many you are taking in roughly every day. It might surprise you to find the things that seem healthy can sabotage your body, esp. salad dressings like caesar! Some salads at restaurants can total up to 1000 calories or more!..whatever you do, dont give up, because there are thousands of people here at 3fc who will support and motivate ya :-)

katiejames 05-06-2009 05:44 PM

thank you for all your kind words..i see the doc monday and we will see. i have already done the journal deal. the thing is that because my liver is not working good i am unable to process protein so i am really stuck eating alot of carbs.. that is where my energy comes from. i am hoping that the docs can help me. i will also be seeing a nutritristionist because i have to change how i eat all together. its not about me eating unhealthy..its about finding out what foods i can process and what i cant. i am staying strong though.

Delphi 05-06-2009 05:48 PM

It's good to hear you're staying strong. That's half the battle. :hug:

Pamela 05-06-2009 06:32 PM

Check out liverdoctor.com. It is the site of a physician in Australia who specializes in liver dysfunction.