300+ And Ready To Try Again....#177

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Congrats, Tina, I hope your job luck rubs off on me!!!! I could use my "dream" job too. (or a wealthy husband)

Baylee, so sorry you can't sleep. I have never had that problem, at least so far. I can sleep anytime, anywhere. Isn't this Minnesota great this week. It's suppose to get hot at the end of the week but I like it so far, no humidity.

Well, it's off to the grocery store after work. I will need to take out a loan to feed my company this weekend. I will have 16 people to feed Saturday and Sunday. UGH!!! At least come Monday my sisters can come with to the grocery store to stock up for the rest of the week.
    (my sisters and their families will be here for a week)

I still have cleaning, cooking and, yes,
    lawn mowing to do before Saturday. Pray for me.....
  • 200 pounds

Boy I can't beleive it
    July 1 2001 245 lbs,
    June 13 2002 200 lbs.

Way to go Tina on the new job. I knew you could do it

I am fighting mad today got a notice from my bank about some checks that they say I didn't have enough to cover They paid them but they charge 420 each service charge I had the money in the bank I am going in at ( and confront them. wish me luck.
  • Give 'em ****, Mary!

Tina, whoa girl, you are on roll! How great for you! What a self esteem boost! Geez, what a miserable ***** your former boss is! (I think I have exceeded the swear words limit in just 5 sentences! ) What a liberating feeling it is to be free of her. I am SO proud of you! And by the way...I NEVER skip over your posts, long or otherwise! Or anyone's for that matter...I love when I come upon a few good long ones (lately, a few of any kind is great...so don't edit on my account!

Ooh, gotta run if I want to make 10:00 step class...

later...
    xxoo
  • It's me again!!!
    Good morning ladies! How are the best cyber friends around doing? Fantastic, I hope. Michelle! Where are you!? Get your butt in here girll!

Ok, on that note.............here is how my day has been. I got up this morning and went in for my drug test. After the drug & eye test, I went over to the lab and got my bloodwork done. They set up my final appt next Friday for me to have the physical and get the results of my bloodwork and TB skin test. So, I call the lady who is to be my supervisor.............(SUPER NICE LADY.....I might add) and tell her I am basically free now. (They had wanted me to start on the 24th) Well, she wants me to get my final appt moved up so I can go ahead and get started asap. Now, I have to be at employee health in the morning by 7:15am to have the final physical and get my i.d. card taken and all that jazz. This is still tenative, but I will probably start on Monday! Woo Hoo!!

And I don't remember who asked me, but I did call Raanstad and tell them I wouldn't be taking the job at Recevia. The benefits are so awesome at this job, girls. You are elegible to use your sick days from day one. Not only do they give you vacation time, but they also give you "pal" time..........which is "paid annual leave" time. The reason the benefits are so good is that since there is a nursing shortage, and there are other hospitals around the area that can pay more, they hope to keep the nurses they have by having awesome benefits, so everyone employed at the hospital benefits! (that would be me) hehe....

So, on the way home, I stopped and got my hair cut. It has been driving me crazy. You guys are probably gonna laugh....but I haven't had anything done to my hair in about 2 years. It has just grown and grown and grown. The only thing I have done to it is trim the bangs when they get down into my eyes! So, I stopped by Bruce's Cut and Curl and got a ton of split ends whacked off. She didn't take a lot off the length.....just enough to make my head feel 20 pounds lighter!!

And you know what the funny thing is..............I have my old boss, Donna to thank for all this. How.............you might ask? Well, I'll tell you. You may remember I mentioned she fired the girl on 3rd shift...........(the one that it was her only form of income) Well, when she fired Tracey, then she had to fill her place. So, this guy that works on 2nd's and on the weekend, went to 3rd's. So that meant someone had to fill in his place on the weekend..........that would be me. So, because I worked on Saturday........I had Tuesday off. Tuesday is the day I went to Raanstad and did all my testing and was offered the job at Recevia. I told the recruiter I would take that job, so that made me turn in my notice. So, then I went to work yesterday and just to be hateful, Donna let me off work early. If she hadn't of let me off work early, then I wouldn't have been home when the phone call came in from the hospital and wouldn't have went to my interview yesterday and got my job!!! If she had let me work till 3:00, I would have missed the call, probably started at Recevia today (which would have been 8-5) and may have missed my entire opportunity at the hospital. So, in all truth and honesty, I have Donna to thank for my new job. Should I send her a thank you card?!

You guys have been so awesome and supportive of me and the job change and I really appreciate it. I can "feel the love".
    I hope whenever any of you are going through a crisis, or just want to celebrate or chit chat, I can be here for you.

I am back OP today.................was real smart of me to go hog wild last night when I had to have bloodwork done today where they will be checking cholesterol levels! Oh well......maybe it's not in the system yet!

You have a great days ladies and I will try to get back in here later on tonight!

Tina
  • Tina you are too funny girl! First off big congrats to you! That is such a self esteem booster!! And as far as the Thank you note..I sure would send one to her and explain just what you said and tell her that maybe if she wasn't so mean to people she wouldn't have this problem of keeping staff!

I have been peeking in and reading but not posting. My food is just off the wall still. I try...I start the day out good but then I fall into the boredom trap. I think it is time for me to go back to work. I do have an interview on the 19th for a property manager position for two new small senior sites that are being built right now in Burlington New Jersey which is about 8 miles from here just over the Burlington/Bristol Bridge. I really really want that job! They also have an opening in a family site in Trenton but its not the greatest neighborhood and I don't want to jeopardize my life. I want to be around to watch my son grow up! So hopefully I will get the other one...Tina rub your job good luck this way girlfriend! And by the way, I never skip over anyone's long posts or short posts so keep babbling all you want! When I babble and when you all babble it keeps me from babbling in the kitchen! LOL

Mary...did you give that bank a piece of your mind? We bounced a couple of checks last month. John called the bank to have them deduct the loan payment right from the checking account but he never wrote it in the book, then when we were in Harrisburg for the wedding we splurged and took out a bunch of money from the ATM machine and had a grand weekend...only to come home to a couple of notices in the mail that week! Oh well!

I didn't take my test last saturday because we had John's dad down for the weekend. Each of his brothers and sisters all take him for a weekend each month so he gets out of the house. He lives in Bridgeton NJ with one daughter. It gives her a break plus he gets out and gets to visit with his kids and grandkids and some great grandkids too! Anyway...I took it today. I at least got a C if not a B...hopefully anyway. I could have really screwed it up and got an F! That would be my luck! Now I can go on to the next section and hopefully get that test out of the way soon. I have 4 tests total!

Well I really need to go...my boy is way to quiet so I know he is
    into something he shouldn't be!

TTFN Love you all! Michelle
  • Evening all
    I did get the bank kind of straight. It seem that my deposit got put in savings instead of checking. The refunded the service charges. I thought all was well then when I got my mail today I had 5 local checks that they sent back and I still have 5 more service charges, I called all the stores and explained But I'm going back to the bank tomorrow and fuss some more. I have to make another deposit and believe me I am making sure it goes in Checking.
    I got my phone bill and the lazy son has $15.00 worth of long distance calls so he is banned from using the phone. He still hasn't found a job.

DH went to a VFW meeting tonight so I didn't have to cook I ate a tomato sand.

Well I've fussed enough so I'll go DH is taking tomorrow off Oh yes did I tell you I have to buy a new stove (I need a hug)

What else is going to happen?
    We are going out to eat and to a movie
  • Well, today is my last day to get "tons" of stuff done. My family arrives tomorrow. I have to go to work (the part I would love to skip) then come home, make potato salad, clean the bathroom, vacumn, and mow the lawn...which takes 3 hours so I will probably be doing it in the dark.

I would also like to take a deep breathe and enjoy my last night alone for 8 days. I sure hope I can work that in.

WARNING: Once my company leaves on the 24th I will be ready to tackle this weight so I will be a pest here.

I am happy for you, Baylee. Glad your tests were clear.
  • First of all...
    Baylee...thank God for your good news! Sieve-brain that I am, didn't recall...did you have a bout with cancer? I am so sorry for that and so happy everything is negative. {{{{{BIG HUG}}}}} Thanks for the articles...I am the "Emotional Eater" poster child! Just squish all those bad feelings down with cookies and ice cream, feeling better ONLY "in the act" of stuffing my face, cuz when I stop, I will be wracked with guilt, shame, remorse, self-hate, fear, anger...feelings which will need to be assuaged with...you got it!...more food. I know we can all relate, in one way or another...that's why we are here. To overcome those bad feelings. To learn to love ourselves, as we are, NOW, complete with faults and fat...enough to want to give ourselves the best, healthiest body that we can...BECAUSE WE ARE WORTH IT!!
    Tina...what a day you had, my girl! WOW! I am so happy for you! I think it would be a hoot if you did write a "thank you" note to your former *****, I mean, boss! There's a lot to be said for working in the hospital...I guess it couldn't be all bad, since I've been employed by one for almost 27 years!

And speaking of employment...

I was at the gym yesterday, which is owned by my hospital.(taking a step class, BTW!) speaking with a good friend that works there. She told me of a position opening up in the rehab department that I could definitely qualify for. Flexible hours...get this...4 hours a day, my choice of time frame...9-1, 12-4, whatever...We would work together, no holidays, no weekends, I could walk to work if I wanted to, it's maybe a mile and a half from my house, FREE gym membership...oh, I'm getting all excited and I don't want to get my hopes up yet. The only drawback would be that it's a 20 hour/wk, as opposed to the 32 hours that I work now...but I could always stay on per-diem at the hospital and pick up all the time I could possibly want! Soooooo, hopefully , Tina's employment goddess will smile favorably down upon me too!!!

Mary, here's a {{{HUG}}} for you too! I take it by your tone that you need to buy a new stove, as opposed to wanting to!

I thought that I could get a personal reply in to each one of you, but my poor tired brain has other plans and will be shutting down for a bit....3...2...1...ZZZZZzzzzzzzz

be back later....
  • Hello ladies
    I think I finally have my banking problem worked out It was DH fault he deposited the money in the wrong account.

I went to Sears to try to get a stove and they wouldn't approve my credit Yes I had to get one, my oven went out and it was going to cost a lot to fix it. I got one with a smooth top and self cleaning oven.

So I came back home and bought one at a local store my aunt works at it was a little cheaper but I got it without ant hassle. They will deliver it tomorrow.

DH and I didn't go to a movie or eat out today we will do it tomorrow.

And Yes Baylee I can walk today But who knows about tomorrow.
  • Support
    Hi! I just joined. I lost about 50 pounds last year. I gained it all back and I am feeling so bad about myself. I am trying to lose it again, but it is very hard. I am not going to exercise yet. I am trying to lose some more before I exercise. I have a lot of health problems, including not being able to walk well. I did feel better when I lost weight last year. Why did I gain it back when I liked that people said that I looked good?