Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-29-2009, 02:14 PM   #16  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I agree with DCHound. Be exactly as friendly to her as you would to anyone else at the gym--no more, no less.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #17  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Agree ~

"Hi, my name is FRIEDGREEN I saw you on the elliptical....man I don't like/love that machine...."

When I see someone that I think is new or a visitor I just say "HI, my name is Gary, haven't seen you here before...." The conversation just usually opens up from there fairly easily.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:43 PM   #18  

S/C/G: Light as air

Height: 5'1"

Tomato, I want to say I so appreciate your attitude towards others. Too often, people are rude, dismissive, cruel, and petty (about weight, clothing, income, on and on). I know what it is like both to receive and mete out that kind of treatment. So even if you don't say exactly the right thing, you are still an Enlightened Being in my book!
Jewcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #19  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hi! I think you must be new here! My name is -TOMATO ! I've been coming here lots, so if you have any questions about stuff, I'm just over there...
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #20  
Where'd my 23yo body go?

Height: 5'3"

I agree with what has already been said. Just treat her like you would anyone else. A smile and a hello is all she probably wants.
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:02 PM   #21  
BELIEVE!

As so many other have said...just be friendly! It's wonderful that you are thinking about her!

I've been that 300+ pound person in the gym before. More than anything I just appreciated people being friendly and small talking.

I'm a member of a fairly small gym and make a point to chit-chat with everyone, especially new women that seem like they could be having a difficult time getting started. I've had many people strike up conversations with me becuase they've seen such a change in me over the past 9 months. I love talking to people and hope that one day I can help, inspire and motivate others.

BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote