Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-27-2009, 01:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW: 183/ CW: 183/ GW: 150

Height: 5'2

Default Wwyd???

Here is today's situation.

Breakfast: oatmeal w/ walnuts and banana
Snack: 2 fruit snacks
Drinks: 2 diet cokes
Lunch: Chicken wrap w/ ranch and feta cheese
Snack: 3 oreos, graham cracker w/ peanut butter and banana with peanut butter.

I binged at my snack and I want to get back on track for today? This is usually how my days go all the time. I do ok in the morning but as the day goes on it gets worse and worse.
Niki4184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/202.5/150...or lower...

Height: 5'5"

big green salad for lunch and some citrus fruits or apple.
and i would cut out the diet coke and go for water instead.
willow68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki4184 View Post
I binged at my snack and I want to get back on track for today? This is usually how my days go all the time. I do ok in the morning but as the day goes on it gets worse and worse.
I think a lot of people are like this thats why so many people skip breakfast only to be starving by dinner and over eat.

My pattern (if I let it) seems to be very light healthy lunch. Decent breakfast.

Big dinner and by 8 or 9pm I am STARVING and I pig out somewhere usually with friends on the way home from somewhere! LOL!

I have mostly broken this habit but still mess up from time to time.

You breakfast and lunch menu looks pretty good except of course your big snack but even then it wasn't like you ate a whole carton of Hagen- Daz!
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #4  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

get rid of any foods that you'll have a tendency to binge on. Throw out the oreos. Try snacking on things like carrots, pepper slices, cherry tomatoes, and a half serving of almonds. You can eat a lot of veggies for the same calories as oreos and peanut butter. Try snacking on high volume foods. Also, what caused you to binge? were you eating aimlessly? Did you have the whole package in front of you?

If you only take a serving of something with you, and put the rest away... you'll only eat one serving of that food. Unless of course you get up and go grab the box again... but you're less likely to do that.

For the rest of the day, try to stick to lower cal foods and smaller portions to make up for the extra calories. the beauty of calorie counting is that when you mess up in one place, you can compensate somewhere else to make up for it, and your day will still be on track.

Last edited by LittleMoonRabbit; 04-27-2009 at 02:09 PM. Reason: grammatical error
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Niki--how much PB are we talking?
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

When I'm craving something like candy or cookies, I have 10 almonds (seasoned with sea salt only) and one square of bittersweet or dark chocolate, it's a bit under 150 calories - but feels like a total splurge. I know that if I have things like cookies in the house, I'll eat them! Peanut butter is one of my favorite things, but I'm really careful with portions.

I would just eat a light dinner, maybe a big salad with some grilled chicken, drink a good amount of water and have an apple, head to bed early, and start new tomorrow!
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Step 1: Try to eliminate the trigger foods in your environment. If you have oreos around, and you're overhungry, you'll grab for them. If you only have healthier stuff on hand, or the healthy stuff is more convenient to get, you'll probably reach for the healthier stuff more often. So, for example, if you have to have Oreos around for some reason, they should be in the way back of the cabinet, buried, in a bag. The baggie of grapes, on the other hand, should be premeasured and at the very front of the fridge, ready to grab.

Step 2: Get immediately back on plan. Eating a teeny dinner tonight to "compensate" will most likely result in a starve/binge cycle (for example, you eat so little tonight that you're hungry tomorrow, setting you up for cravings all day). You might do a slightly lower calorie dinner, but it should have protein, fat, lots of veggies, etc, just as it might if you were eating normally. Getting immediately back on plan, right this second, is one of the most key things you can do for weight loss and maintenance. A snack is one choice...you have many more choices to make today, and you can make each and every one of those choices a good one.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki4184 View Post
I do ok in the morning but as the day goes on it gets worse and worse.
Okay. That's why it's ESSENTIAL to have a plan in place. Plan out your meals and snacks AHEAD of time. KNOW what you will be eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner and every thing in between. Good, delicious, healthy foods. Make that plan - and stick to it. Something else to try - you bite it, you write it. Get into that habit. It will make you stop and pause if you have to write down those oreos BEFORE you eat them.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #9  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

I would get rid of the oreos and the diet cokes and gets some veggies in there some where.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:33 PM   #10  
No description available.

By fruit snacks, do you mean those little gummy chewy things? How about adding some protein to that morning snack? Cottage cheese, yogurt, sliced turkey? And some healthy fats, walnuts, avocado, olives? Fruit snacks would make me hungrier. Same with that afternoon snack. I like the banana and peanut butter part, though.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

oatmeal never holds me until lunch, try eggs for breakfsat, if you dont have time boil them the night before and eat with some low carb bread. Try to add in some fruit and veggies instead of fruit snacks and oreos. use dips if you have to ranch for the veggies and something low-fat for the fruite., It will keep you more satisfied and before you know it you will forget the oreosi
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

Cookies and fruit snacks have quite a lot of sugar for their volume, and they may be encouraging overeating at snack time, just from my experience.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

If the fruit snacks are those gummy things, I would skip them. I also wouldn't eat the first Oreo. Because once I eat the first Oreo, it's really really really hard for me to stop. I can look at an Oreo and think "Oreos are pretty good, but eh, I don't need it." If I EAT the Oreo I immediately go into "MORE MORE MORE" mode. I do like Oreos, but not enough to struggle with that feeling, or cave and eat more and then feel bad. Not worth it to me!

Pick a higher protein snack instead of cookies and graham crackers - that kind of carby stuff just always makes me want more carbs. What about string cheese and nuts? Hummus and veggies? Grapes? Turkey jerky?
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Oh - I also find myself craving peanut butter HARD if I'm not eating enough healthy fats during the day. Don't forget your avocado and olive oil!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:10 PM   #15  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

OK, you guys are good. WWYD was a big unknown to me until I read everyone else's responses-- then I got it!! what would you do~ ding ding I win the prize!!!

And I agree about trying to find foods that are higher protein and less sugar. When I started trying to get fit and trim, I counted calories-- only calories.

I loved the freedom that came from "you can eat anything you like as long as the portions are measured and the calories are accounted for." After a while I realized that "white foods" like sugar and white bread and rice resulted in less weight loss and a greater likelyhood to feel dissatisfied and bingey.

Also those foods make me retain water and every month I would see big bouncing on the scale, both at the end and in the middle of my cycle.

I cut them out for a while. Now I will eat chocolate but find that 100cals of dark chocolate is way more likely to satisfy me that 100cals of milk chocolate-- I only want more and more and more...

Over time I learned what worked best for my body. Everyone is different and can tweak an eating plan in a different way. You will find what works for you too. many people talk about the craving that sugar and white carbs bring on.... maybe that is your sitch too?

Last edited by kittycat40; 04-27-2009 at 04:11 PM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote