Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2002, 09:27 AM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home mom's #49

Welcome!
Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support, and humor as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!!

Be sure to go back to the Stay at home mom's thread # 48 to catch up what has been going on in everyone's lives and meet the newcomers. We are glad that you are here!!!
Ginny
Old 06-09-2002, 09:32 AM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Phew! Softball is over (ah, but we are still discussing each pitch...each out.........ad nauseum) Unfortunately, Dd's team lost the first game and were out from the beginning (they now rank either #3 or 4 in the state, no shabby showing either way!). She had a great game- 9K's and she hit the ball well and got her 300th K for the season in the game. Her team made several errors and that was all it took. In a few days, life will return to normal here.....I hope.

Got a nice walk in when we got home, 45 minutes. Tooth is still swollen, (actually my jaw is) so I guess I have to call the Dr tomorrow.
Gotta go make breakfast for the tribe.......sorry there are no personal responses. Glad to hear that Jackie got a hold of Spryng and that she is ok. See ya later.
Ginny
Old 06-09-2002, 11:36 AM   #3  
One day at a time.

Default Good morning!

How is everyone today? Well, it's the last day of Dh's vacation, before he goes back to work. We've decided to stay home today and do our chores, since we haven't done anything at home all week! I'm glad we're staying home, I think I'm coming down with something. I woke during the night with awful stomach cramps and nausea, so I'm just going to take it easy today.

Ginny, sorry to hear Dd's team lost, but 3rd or 4th is still great ranking at state level! And sounds like you should take it easy too, until you get that tooth better? Take care!

Have a good day, BBL
Old 06-09-2002, 04:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi!

I had a few minutes, so hello to all! Ginny: Do you have any spare peanuts & Cracker Jack?
I bet you're glad that the softball season has ended! Sorry to hear that you are still suffering with your jaw/tooth!
So...are you going to put your dh back to work around the house again? I'm still waiting for mine to put up the wallpaper in the foyer. My DH loves the outdoors, so it looks as though I may be looking at stripped/scored walls for awhile! Mel: I hope that you're enjoying the last day of vacation with your dh today. We normally spend the last day @ home to unwind before the work week starts all over again on Monday. Otherwise you almost need another vacation to rest up from the previous vacation. I sure envy you with your Terry camper/trailer! I always admire & dream to own one of these someday! My DH is more economical than I am when it comes to pulling one though! He said that a pop-up is less wear & tear on a vehicle & a lot cheaper on gas. I guess I can relate to that! I just found out from the rest of our snowmobile party that we will probably wing it & stay @ a National Park for our camping trip in 2wks. NO SHOWERS & ONLY PIT TOILETS! I've for-warned the group on how crabby I get without a daily shower. They just may have to group together & throw me in the lake for my wake-up call of the day! Well, I guess I'd better get going & plant the flowers that I just picked up this a.m. I wasn't going to plant too much this summer, but every time I go passed some flowers, I go goo goo again! Enjoy the rest of your weekend,ladies!

Last edited by Freckles; 06-09-2002 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-09-2002, 07:21 PM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Well, I am surviving today.........and as Dd and Dh have the day after blues. They have a tough time adjusting to the fact that a normal life has existed despite softball season and that they need to step into it (not it change because they are joining it) You know stuff like Monday is Dd's ballet class.....Ds's ear infection seems to be returning..... Mom cleans the house......changes the sheets etc... on Monday blah, blah, blah.

Mel- sorry that you are not feeling well! That stomach thing ran thru my house a few weeks ago. The good thing about it was that it was not too severe and short in duration. Hope that your tummy feels better soon! And your life will calm down a bit with Dh returning to work. Try to get some time out for yourself, K?

Jackie- well, let me finish the line with the peanuts and cracker jack------- "I don't care if I ever go back!!" go back to the dumb ball park, that is! Yup,they have disected each pitch, each out...... aw it is all over now! Hey, I love to wallpaper- if Dh does not get to it, I can help! Hope that your planting time was peaceful and all the pretty colors made you feel happy. Is your upcoming camping trip close by? When are you going? Just curious, we are planning our vacation now....... only a few weeks away for us too.

I am gonna get a walk in today if it kills me............
Gotta go to expedia to check out some reservation stuff. Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 06-10-2002, 12:05 AM   #6  

Angry

How's everyone? Spent all day at mom's--kids had a blast! They love it at nana and papaws! I was doing really good on my eating today and when I got to moms I messed it up. She had chocolate chip cookies. Its one those things where I can't eat just one. Chocolate is a weakness. I had more than I should have. I've got to learn to control those temptations! My little sis is spending the night with us tonight. Got to go for now. It's way past bedtime for the kiddo's.

Hope everyone has had a great Sunday.

Mel Hope your feeling better soon! And no showers! I'd hate that!!

Ginny hope your feeling better also!

Kids and sports! My kids haven't got to that stage yet--Thanks for reminding me of whats to come! HaHa!!

--shanni
Old 06-10-2002, 04:28 AM   #7  

Question (((((((H-E-L-L-O))))))))))

It's me! Your Little bit of sunshine. Awww. I've had way to many usernames. I had some serious computer problems. It's all ironed out now.

Good to see you all. Welcome to all the newcomers!

I'm Misty. Happily married mother of 2 beautiful dd's one is 15 months and the other will be 3 in July. Oh and I'm 27 untill Halloween. Then I'll be 27 again.

Jackie thanks for calling Spryng. I was really worried.

Ginny I'm happy the ball season has ended for you.

Super mom2 it's great to meet you. I'd love to see your twins if you have pictures you'd like to share. Oh and what are their names if you don't mind? I just love twin names. Sorry for being so personal.

Jen and Sheila How are ya doing?

Judy WTG shaving the time off your run!

Mel are you feeling better?

T-Girl how's the tae bo going? I've been thinking about you. Sorry for not pm' ya back.

SAHM is getting so big, WOW. I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, how are you doing?

As for me, well it's 3am... what does that tell ya? Jackie it seems you and I are taking turns. Insomnia. I've been up for hours.
Things around here have been crazy. I wouldn't even know where to begin. We've had the flu go around. I've been working very hard in the field. My eating has been v. bad. But in a sorda good way. I'm back up to 110#. I need to get OP tho before I gain it all back.
That's about it. Girls here's a link from our vacation photos http://community-2.webtv.net/Cheleigh/CharlestonFalls/ I'm about 115-120# in that photo. Do I have huge arms or what?! I look like popeye!
I have more, pm me if ya wanna see them.

I really missed you all lots!
~Misty

Last edited by MistyMichele; 06-10-2002 at 04:35 AM.
Old 06-10-2002, 07:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning!

Busy day up ahead for me-so I'll post a little now. It's VBS week here in my Home Town. DD & a friend are going & my DS is a volunteer in the crafts. DH decided to take an office morning,so I'll really have to make myself look extremely productive this a.m.! I'm still trying to dig myself out from my hectic end of the year field trip week! Next week will be another week of chasing in the a.m. too!
DD starts riding lesson day camp & ds starts summer school for two weeks. Both of the kids are excited for their events & I'm excited to have the a.m. to myself! My dd loves horses, so an entire week of being around horses is right up her alley! DS is taking a fun program through our school district. Every day they will take a field trip in the surrounding S-E section of our state. They will visit historical sites that are just awesome. This will be up my ds's alley too, as history is one of his favorite past times! I'm kind of a history buff myself, so maybe they will let me sneak in on one or more of the trips too! Now-for my weightloss journey...I was doing really well until dinner, and then I blew it. The kids wanted Pizza Pudgy Pies for dinner. This is where you take two pieces of bread, spread pizza sauce on one side, top it with any pizza toppings & then put the cheese on,close it up & put it in an oil-drenched sandwich maker! We usually make these over the campfire in our camping/sandwich maker. So,Mel:
an idea for camping, unless you are doing this already! DD & I went for an hour bike ride before dinner, so hopefully this will help balance out the calories! For my water: Everyone was quite thirsty @ my house yesterday, so we drank tons of water! I had my fruit for breakfast & had a ceasar salad with light dressing & a veggie-chick sandwich.
These have NO chicken in them, just veggies & tofu. DH & kids don't know the difference, that's how great they are!
Misty: Glad to see you posting again! At first I thought we had another "Newbie" here at SAHM's & then I noticed it was you! What's with the new name? Were you sick of the old one, or were you having 'puter probs?
I had to laugh at one more thing: When you said that SAHM's was getting so big, I thought you were talking about yourself! Well, getting up to 110# I wouldn't call too big & then I figured out what you were talking about! I will be viewing your pic's as soon as I'm done posting here, can't wait!Shanni:I almost made Choc. Chip cookies yesterday too! (Decided to take the bike ride instead, good choice, huh?)And for the no shower thingy-this will be me. I'm sure Mel has a nice shower in her camper! Don't worry, I get a little mixed up myself trying to keep everyone straight on this thread. (Especially when some gals leave long....posts!) So,Ginny: When do you want to come over & help me wallpaper? DH doesn't trust me doing it because he's such a perfectionist!
How detailed do you get? As for the flowers cheering me up-It is quite good therapy for me. I got a little stuck on the pinks & purples,so now I'm trying to balance them out with yellow, white & red. I started out the planting season with two whiskey barrels full of red,white & blue petunias. They are filling out quite nicely. As for the camping trip: We are going for just the weekend & it's the weekend of 6/21. Our big family vacation will be in August,where we will be renting a cottage on lake in the Northwoods for the week. We are trying a different place this year. According to the pic's on their website-it looks awesome! Mel: I sure hope you're back to your chipper self again! What are you going to do without having dh around all day again? Well gals, it's time to start getting ready for VBS, talk/type to you all later!

Last edited by Freckles; 06-10-2002 at 07:59 AM.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:39 AM   #9  
One day at a time.

Default Morning Early birds!

Good morning to all! Happy to say I'm feel better, except for the knee pain that started last evening when I was going down our steps! Dh says it sounds like I Hyper extended it? I'll be fine though, just loaf around here all week and give it time to feel better. Dh got off to work this morning, and now it's just me, Ds and nephew, and they'll sleep for half of the day! I have too much cleaning to make up for, but it would be nice to sleep in!

Hi Shanni, we do have a shower, thank goodness! I'd go nuts with out!!! But we are lucky, the lots we have on the lake has a laundry room and shower area too! Plus a pool, Basket ball court and miniture golf coarse for the kids! We love it there, they have all kinds of planed activities for everyone. Sat. night the kids swam until time for Dh & I to play Bingo, then the kids played Miniture golf until dark. Jackie, I know how you feel about showering, I was never much on camping if there were no shower facilities! I hope you enjoy your snowmobile vacation anyway, oh and a good way to freshen up is to bring a pack of wipes, like you'd buy for baby! They're quick and easy, and very refreshing! Hi misty, glad you got you're pc working ! They can be such a pain at times, and I'm not much on fixing them!
Ginny, How are this morning, the tooth feeling any better yet?
Hi Jen, Judy and Sheila how was your weekend? Hope that's everyone? I'm trying!

Last edited by mel17; 06-10-2002 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-10-2002, 08:59 AM   #10  
One day at a time.

Default Just me!

Forgive me if I skipped anyone, I'm feeling a little scatter brained this morning! Also thinking about how to get back OP this morning! Tomorrow is my first WW meeting!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 06-10-2002, 11:39 AM   #11  
Searching for Motivation

Morning ladies

Glad to hear everyone's in better spirits this morning - I was getting a little worried the other night.

Misti - glad you posted. Your girls ARE beautiful! They will probably be the best of friends when they get older. My girls are 2 1/2 years apart and I don't know what one would do without the other. They are very close and love to play together (most of the time that is ). I'm sorry that I never seem to address you personally. I try not to forget anyone but it seems that I can't keep everyone straight and some people (you) fall through the cracks. Please forgive me - I'm truly sorry .

Gals, as for this flu bug that seems to be going around, please nip it in the bud and don't send it my way - I have allergies and asthma as it is; and so far this morning, at least, I've done nothing else BUT sneeze! I don't need any nasty little germs working their way into my system.

My brain must be full of air (or boogers ) this morning cause I can't remeber who asked me about the Latin workout video. It is the Kathy Smith Latin Rhythm workout and you learn steps to the Salsa, Cha-Cha and Merengue. It's pretty fast-pased and it really works your legs, calves (sp?), inner thighs and bum. It is kinda hard on the balls of your feel though cause you never stop long enough to put your whole foot on the ground! It's pretty cool though.

Well, I'm off to workout and then run errands. Then the agenda consists of more therapudic (ha, more like ball-busting ) work in the yard building retaining walls and edging. Supposed to be in high 80s with high humidity today. If I don't post tomorrow, I'm probably dead - please send a paramedic - See yall later!
Old 06-10-2002, 06:23 PM   #12  

Red face

I'm just barely hanging on here. It's been a rough day. I really have to get some rest tonight.
Thanks for the compliments of my children. They are v. close. Actually we run into problems quite often when I'd like to run to the market with one and my Dh wants to spend QT with the other. They've cried and made a sight of themselves over it before. They also have their moments to quarrel tho. No offence was taken Sassypie. It's hard to keep up with everyone. I know. Oh gosh, I suffer from allergies too. Allegra has really done wonders for me. My mother has cronic asthma. I really feel for you hunny.
Glad to hear you are feeling better Mel. I have no ideal what Hyper extended means in people but in horses (I think) it means to over step and sorda pop out of the joint then back in. Anyhow, take it easy. Jackie VBS week sounds really great. I hope ya'all enjoy it. My problems here were numerous. We had lightening hit one pc (defective surge protector) and then the monitor went out on the other. So when I finally got back on alot of my things were lost including 3fc. Did Spryng give any ideal when she would be back?

Will everyone please respond to this queston if they have any information?
What do you know about PaxilCR?
I just began taking it and can't seem to find any useful information about it. So if anyone is using it or knows someone who is I'd love to hear about it.
Well that'll do t for me. Have a great night!
Old 06-10-2002, 07:39 PM   #13  

Angry

Hello to all!!

Mel & Jackie --oopsy!! I thought that was wrong! It was late, I was tired!

Hi Misty nice to meet you. Their names are Dylan and Hayley. We couldn't find any matching ones we liked. Except Luke & Leia (Star Wars), but we decided against that. I'll let you know when I get some pic's of them ready. I tried to get some on earlier but it wasn't working for me. (I'm working on a webpage.) Then I'll be happy to show them off.

Busy night--husband is starting a new job tomorrow. Hopefully all works out well.

Until next time, shanni
Old 06-11-2002, 09:05 AM   #14  

Hello Everyone
I been a busy person yesterday sorry I didnt post kept getting booted when I did get online so I think I was able to post once somewhere ..
Welcome Supermom ( sorry I am late) I am a mom of two a 12 y/o girl and 4 y/o boy (who will be 5 in July) I am almost 34 married for 17 years
Misty Michelle Welcome as well .. Sorry I havent really heard of Paxilcr yet but I bet I will be soon enough
Tell you all what I will end here (for now so I can read all the posts then I can get to address each of you proprly.. Coming back from being away always sets me behind ..
BTW my scale said 259.5n this morning whooooohooooo I am excited that is 5 pounds!!
take care
Sheila
Old 06-11-2002, 09:22 AM   #15  
Domestic Goddess

I'm baaaack! I actually just posted two really airheaded posts looking for you guys on Buddies--forgot where you even were! Thanks for thinking about me while I was gone . . . I'm afraid I can't remember if it was Freckles or ECMom who sent me the PM! Sorry I didn't respond, I was in the middle of much.

Kids are out of school, craziness has subsided, and I have gained weight! To introduce myself, I'm Kerrie. I have four kids--our oldest, a boy, is 10, then we have three girls ages 7, 5, and 19 months. I need to lose over 100 pounds now.

I'm feeling quite discouraged and desperate. I was maintaining for the first . . . almost 18 months after my youngest daughter was born, no matter what I ate. Made it hard to get motivated to lose. Then out of the blue I've started gaining; my metabolism seems to have shut down. We just returned from vacation in Virginia, where we walked and walked and walked. I still gained a few pounds. I'm hoping they're water weight.

I'm half tempted to go back to WW but dang, that's a lot of money that I could use for something else! So I'm hoping to get the support here again. If I can be forgiven for being a fair-weather (foul-weather, actually!) poster!!

Have to run, as I have a piano student expected in just a few minutes and children running wild. Just wanted get going again!
Closed Thread