Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #1  
Onederland Please!

Talking Beginning of a Journey (PICS!)

deleted

Last edited by xohmimix3; 07-06-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #2  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

What kind of diet is it?
Old 04-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #3  
sugar is the devil

I can't wait for your amazing updates
Old 04-26-2009, 06:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Oh my, ohmi, has this been approved by your family physician? This is a starvation diet. The reason you lost weight before is because you starved yourself. The reason you gained it back is because you stopped starving yourself. I hope you realize that even "doctors" can be quacks if there's money to be made. But you know what, the "Dr." Schwartz on the website is not even a doctor! He's a social worker, board certified in psychotherapy, which means he could run a great con because he knows exactly what people want to hear. This website claims you don't need to exercise and yet you won't lose muscle, only fat, on this starvation diet. The human body doesn't even function that way. Have you done any research about blood glucose and insulin levels? What about proteins, complex carbs, and essential fatty acids that your mind and body need to function properly? I promise I am not trying to burst your bubble. I am SO for you losing weight! You are an absolutely beautiful girl, and you deserve to live a healthy, happy, long life. But I am very concerned for you on this diet! There IS a surefire way to lose weight and to keep it off, but it's not a quick fix. It takes patience and commitment. It takes a change of eating to healthy, natural foods, and regular exercise. Again, have you consulted your family physician about this accu-diet? Does he/she know the details? I am just so disturbed by this diet.

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 04-26-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:14 PM   #5  

So, your family doctor knows you're consuming approximately 300-400 calories a day, and he's fine with that, as long as you take a multi-vitamin and an iron pill? If that's true, then it just confirms my belief that many family doctors simply don't want to get involved when it comes to their patients' weights. That number of calories wouldn't even cover your most basic metabolic needs, just to run your brain and body in a total resting state. And your stomach being full has nothing at all to do with if your body burns muscle or not, so it wouldn't matter if your brain was tricked into thinking you were full. Please, please, please research nutrition on your own. You have the internet at your fingertips. Learn about what it takes to make your body function healthily. Look up blood glucose. Look up reactive hypoglycemia, because I fear that's where you're headed. Believe it or not, "feeling good" is not always an accurate measure of health. Believe me, I do want the best for you or I wouldn't keep trying to get you to understand. Good luck!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 04-26-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:29 PM   #6  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
So, your family doctor knows you're consuming approximately 300 calories a day, and he's fine with that, as long as you take a multi-vitamin and an iron pill? If that's true, then it just confirms my belief that many family doctors simply don't want to get involved when it comes to their patients' weights. That number of calories wouldn't even cover your most basic metabolic needs, just to run your brain and body in a total resting state. And your stomach being full has nothing at all to do with if your body burns muscle or not, so it wouldn't matter if your brain was tricked into thinking you were full. Please, please, please research nutrition on your own. You have the internet at your fingertips. Learn about what it takes to make your body function healthily. Look up blood glucose. Look up reactive hypoglycemia, because I fear that's where you're headed. Believe it or not, "feeling good" is not always an accurate measure of health. Believe me, I do want the best for you or I wouldn't keep trying to get you to understand. Good luck!
I agree with everything Jacqui has said. It is nothing more then a starvation diet and I hope you find a healthier way to lose the weight.

With that said, I have to mention something. No one...me included .....is overweight since birth. Babies are not overweight at birth no matter what thier birth weight is.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:39 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by xohmimix3 View Post
Yes I know, I meant to say I have always been struggling with weight. And I have always pretty much have been overweight/obese for my age.
I know. I have been too, since puberty.

That phrase just irks me.....always has.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:25 PM   #8  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

xo, I do wish you the best and look forward to your updates, but I sincerely hope you reconsider your diet. It is not healthy and your body is not getting what it needs to survive. Even if you're "tricking" your body into thinking it's full, it's still being starved of its basic nutrients. If you continue, you're going to sustain significant damage to your organs. This diet is going to make you sick... please reconsider

Last edited by Ija; 04-26-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I agree with Jacqui completely.

Probably everyone on this board knows what it feels like to desperately want the wait off THIS SECOND, RIGHT NOW. I felt like that for 20 years.

I always thought if I could lose some weight by losing some calories, I could lose MORE weight by cutting more calories.

It took me 20 years to figure out that kind of dieting made me fatter and fatter. I started as a "oh, SO fat" 140 lb 15 year old (of course, I wasn't fat, just not bone thin like some of my high school classmates) and ended up 200 lbs at 35 years old.

How did I get so heavy? Starvation diets.

It's a long journey. It's personal. I don't think I would have been ready to hear what would work for me at a young age. I didn't want anything but QUICK QUICK SUPER FAST results. I wanted to LOSE WEIGHT.

I never asked myself - lose weight, then what?

Because - this is the scary part - I could always lose weight.

I never ever kept it off. And I always gained more weight back, every time. I was GREAT at losing weight, terrible at maintaining my weight loss. I would spare anybody the pain of regaining weight - it's heartbreaking. The way your friends/family obviously notice and their eyes just slide over you. The thin pants you buy and wear once or twice, before you quickly outgrow them again. The avoiding the scale, the way I stopped looking at myself.

I think you are doing something dangerous that will ultimately be unsuccessful. You think I don't know? I did it with dextatrim, but I've done exactly what you're doing. Low calorie days. And you know what? It's euphoric at first - you feel soooo strong and so commited and motivated and super pumped and YAY, I CAN DO IT THIS TIME. Your body does that on purpose when you don't get enough to eat - so you have energy to duh, go find food to eat. It never lasted for me though. A month, two months tops. Then, I would stop, eat "normal" regain all the weight, add more. Vicious, painful cycle where I felt like a no-willpower loser.

If you're still reading - I eventually lost my 70+ lbs and have kept it off for over 4 years by changing my eating habits. It's more work than starving (starving is EASY - what is there to do? just DON'T eat, requires very little work, really), but it's so worth it. I'm worth it. I'm worth good, nutritious food that I need to stay healthy. I'm worth my closet full of size 6 clothes that STILL FIT AFTER four years. I'm worth loving every picture I see of myself.

Good luck.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:07 AM   #10  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

I would just like to point out to other concerned members that the original poster did NOT ask for comments on her food plan! So, I'd suggest that we all back off... Please see the "agree to disagree" sticky post at the top of this forum:

Quote:
The following are not permissible under our Agree To Disagree policy:

- Debating weight loss methods and plans.

- Telling another member that his/her diet plan, exercise plan, and/or food choices are unhealthy, wrong, bad or won’t work unless your opinion is specifically requested.

If you wish to support another member, please answer questions in a factual, friendly manner to the best of your ability, but do not argue or critique other’s choices or plans unless specifically requested to do so. Please do not undermine or debate what other members have chosen to do. This is a support forum, not a forum for debate.

xohmimix3, thanks for sharing your start pics. Update us all as you continue, OK?

Good luck--I hope you are successful and stay healthy. Be sure to check in with your family doc from time to time...

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 04-27-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:28 AM   #11  

That is true, Jayell, except that she did direct us to her 3FC blog about this diet and in her blog, she invites comments. I was so disturbed that an 18-year-old girl was taking this path that I felt compelled to comment. Once I did, and she made her position clear, I asked her to do research and wished her luck. I don't think that is out of line. I do support HER.

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 04-27-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #12  

And, by the way, ohmi, you are neither "disgusting" nor "nasty"!!! Oh my word, you are beautiful!! I mean, right now, just as you are, you are beautiful! And I can tell from your responses, that you have a heart of gold too, so you are beautiful on the inside as well. You need to lose weight for your health and happiness, not because you are inferior in any way, because you're not!! Don't ever buy into comments like that, because they are just not true.
Old 04-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xohmimix3 View Post
There may be a dead end, but I can always turn around and start over.
That is the cool thing about weight loss - it's not like a one-time test that you pass/fail, you can restart anytime you want. I probably started 4-5 major times (and lots and lots of mini starts) until I found out what worked.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:55 AM   #14  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Hey! You and my BF have the same pajama bottoms!!!! Love those clouds :-)

You are beautiful now, just the way you are - remember that :-) Your mother is projecting her own baggage on you and that's not right. I think you're absolutely lovely and I know from past experience how it feels good to lose weight quickly. I may disagree with "how" but not that you are trying ;-) So I'm rooting for your success and health. And you are mucho brave posting those before pics (I'm holding off til I have some afters - lol).

I'm wondering, though, if calorie-wise it isn't similar to what people who have gastric bypass eat? I have a friend who did that and she literally could only eat a couple of tablespoons of food at a time. I think she came to the conclusion that her weight was making her sick (she's older than you and suffering diabetes) so it was a necessary intervention. Scary, though, she almost died from something going wrong after the surgery. Now though she's lost a whole lot of weight and feeling good. Much more healthy and happy. Not a choice I'd want to make, though.

So you take care - keep posting, okay?! We all want you to be successful as well as healthy! And we're all here for you :-)
Old 04-30-2009, 01:35 PM   #15  
Junior chick

S/C/G: 228/187/140

Height: 5'6

Hey sweetie,
I wish you the very best on your weightloss journey, no matter what method you choose. If I could, may I suggest a book that I've just finished and that's been a remarkable help? It's "Thin Tastes Better" by Stephen Gullo. I think you'll find many helpful strategies to avoid regaining your weight once you get it off. My problem is that I never rethought my eating patterns and went right back to the old ways and gained everything back. This time, I reading up on the psychology of eating, and the marketing done to make us eat, and it's a fantastic education.

Don't be downcast by the comments on your weightloss method. Trouble is, we're all old chicks here who've made many mistakes in life, and we just don't want to see anyone repeat our crashes. But if you feel strong and healthy, keep up the good work. If not, as you say, you can always explore other options.
Closed Thread