Feeling Triumphant!

• So I restarted last week, and one of the most difficult things for me is to start an exercise routine. I have exercised 3 days in a row, which actually includes me waking up an hour early and going straight to the gym!!!! Yay!

I did 30 minutes in the elliptical this morning, cardio yesterday and a quick 2 mile walk with cardio the day before. Whoo!!! So I have a start, now what I need to do is keep up the momentum. More importantly I was motivated to go to the gym this morning. Normally, I dread it, its a really big deal for me that I WANTED TO GO!!!

Ok, that is all, now I have to get to work and school.

I wonder, when did you all start wanting to go to the gym? I had to regain and restart to get to this point (and I know that everyday won't be the same).
  • I was 20 pounds down and thought to myself one day--"you know, this is going pretty good I wonder how it would be if I started to exercise too.." So, I started going. Like you, I look forward to my runs now. It's the one time I don't have to think about whether or not the kids need me or if my hubby needs a refill on his wine or if there are dishes and laundry to be done. I used to care that people might be looking at me when I exercised but I am soooooo over that. They can bite my tooshy for all I care now. Hehehe.
  • I have always liked working out, it was the eating part I lacked knowledge in.
  • When I started 7 weeks ago. I lost about 8 pounds quick the other 6 took forever. I lost about 5 pounds just eating healthier and thought I would try some exercise. I have always walked but needed more. I started a DVD and started out at the lowest level. Then after about 3 weeks I decided I really needed to exercise so I got a real exercise DVD and now I am on level 2 and look forward to it every night I still cant do all 20 push ups but I can actually do a push up now when 7 weeks ago I could not. That alone inspires me to keep going...
  • I like working out- it's just fitting it in. I have TIME but my schedule is erratic due to family stuff. I feel so much better when I do and it motivates me to eat well.

This time around I specifically didn't start exercising until after the first 12 week session (I break things down into 12 week sessions to make it less daunting). Exercise is only 20% of weight loss and it's not a bad part for me. Food is my struggle so I decided I needed to force myself to deal with that part of the equation first. Once I added exercise I only let myself do home workouts for the next 12 weeks because one other reason I fail is that I think it has to be a gym workout to be good. Nope. Plenty of good exercise options are available to me in my own home and neighborhood. I just started my third session now I am working out at the gym. You're probably thinking that I haven't lost a lot of weight considering how long I've been at this and you're right. I'm intentionally taking things slow and only doing things I can live with forever.
  • Hi, I started working out again when I realized that I was putting so much effort into losing weight and getting healthy (counting calories, increasing water intake, taking vitamins, etc.) and I thought with all of this effort being made why not start working out at least 3 or 4 times a week to boost the weight loss? so that's what I've been doing, I plan to start running next week, one of the keys for me is variety, if I get bored than I am more likely to stop.
  • I have to say that I only posted cause I saw that you did 30 minutes on the elliptical. WOW! I am almost dead after 5 minutes!!!
  • At first my body just didn't want to go since I felt SORE. But now, after more than a month in the gym, I look forward to going!

I guess that's where the phrase "gym rats" come in, lol

~ tea
  • Quote: I have to say that I only posted cause I saw that you did 30 minutes on the elliptical. WOW! I am almost dead after 5 minutes!!!
    Thanks!
  • Tea, I am definitely going through some soreness for the last few days, I am hoping that stage will pass soon.