Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-20-2009, 06:09 PM   #16  
Where'd my 23yo body go?

Height: 5'3"

I have the willpower to do this- I just need to quit making excuses.
I'm good at making excuses.
I'm the only one hurt by my excuses.
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/204/190

Height: 5'4

That for the first time in my life, I can actually put my mind to somthing, go through with it, and acomplish it with pride.

Never in my life have I set out to do somthing, and actually went through with it.

I have learned that I am a stronger person then I ever thought I could be.

Also that this is a process. As much as we all want it to, it's not going to happen over night. One day of "messing up" is not a reason to quit completly. Thats not going to acomplish anything. Every day is a new day.

I keep coming back and editing this as I read what everyone else says I think of new things haha.

I have learned that this "diet" is not a diet its a lifestyle. I don't lose weight and then go back to "normal" foods. Pizza, cakes, cookies, burgers, etc. That stuff will never be in my life again. It's non existant. Not now, not ever. My past "diets", when they where refered to as diets, I would reward myself with food. If I lose ... I can have a slice of pizza. Makes no sense at all, it's foolish. It just puts you into a downward spiral.

Last edited by x0me880x; 04-20-2009 at 06:24 PM.
x0me880x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #18  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

One thing I've learned is to be mindful of my environment and its influence on my behavior. For so many years I struggled to make healthy choices in the face of cookie jars and pints of ice cream, and inevitably caved after only a few days of effort. I've learned to make adjustments to my surroundings so that they work with me, rather than against me.

Oh, and baked sweet potato fries are delicious.

So glad I found that out...

Last edited by Ija; 04-20-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:43 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

My 2 cents

* measure out servings
* eat highly caloric rich foods from salad plates, not regular dinner size plates (unless you can fill a good part of your dinner plate with veggies, etc)

~ tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote