Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-17-2009, 12:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 201.8/155.2/158

Height: 5 7

Default Day Light Savings and Eating

Hi,
I know this is going to sound really odd but ever since we changed the clocks I find myself going for food later in the evening. It used to be I would have my dinner and then my WW desert and I would be done for the night (it would be dark out and around 7:30) But lately I find myself having dinner and desert and it is still light and around 8 I am looking for something to eat. I have not changed anything in either my eating or excersising, so the only think I can think of is I was associating the dark with not eating anymore and now that it is lighter later my shut off valve for food intake is confused. Any one else having this problem?
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I hadn't thought about it until now, but I have been eating later as it has begun to stay light later at night. It isn't a problem for me, since I have no set eating times. I was usually anxious to start cooking/eating as soon as I got home during the dark winter months (about 6pm) and lately I've been eating around 8pm and perfectly happy with it.

This is really interesting, and something I never thought about! I'm glad you brought it up.

Maybe you could eat your dessert later, around the time it gets dark, not right after dinner... then you'd still get that "end of the day" signal. This is assuming you don't subscribe to that "I must not eat after X:00pm" idea. I'll withhold my opinions on that theory, there have been enough other threads about it.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201.8/155.2/158

Height: 5 7

Thanks for the input. I do not believe you should not eat after a certain time, I just don't like to eat very late and go to sleep feeling very full. I have a bottomless Pitt so I eat all day long every few hours.
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

I never thought of that before!

I just eat when I'm hungry in the evenings... doesn't matter if it's still light outside or if it's pitch black The stomach commands....

~ tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #5  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I had that as well when DLS hit in my country, but it happened for all my meals, not only dinner. Maybe it's just because our bodies need a certain time to adapt?
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote