3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Weight Loss Support

Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

300+ and Ready to Try Again.....#176

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2002, 08:45 PM   #16
Falling, but fighting...

Happy Saturday.

Well, the bad news is that I gained 3 pounds at WW today. The good news is that I stayed completely OP today. I ate all my points, but I drank 120oz of water, exercised for 1.25 hours and didn't drink any diet pop. I am so proud of myself, as Saturdays are usually "eat anything and everything day".

Too tired to stay too long, but I just wanted to come on and see how everyone is doing.

Have a great night.
Old 06-09-2002, 02:41 AM   #17

Hi everyone,

Day 3 of my new effort and I'm still on plan. Yippee. I gained weight (6lbs) and lost 3lbs due to water retention. I'm wearing size 20w. I feel much better doing something about it instead of overeating. Very energetic too. It could be I got my TOM yesterday and with it a surge of hormones.

Thin, did you get to see Bad Company? I know you didn't like Undercover Brother, but it was far better than this movie. Chris Rock as an intelligent, elegant person? Get real. He was so wooden. And how did Anthony Hopkins get sucked into this movie? At least he got a workout out it. Thus ends my movie review. You'll probably love it. I enjoyed the trailer for Reign of Fire. A science fiction epic about dragons terrorizing England. The trailer was good, your boys will love it.

Our tradewinds are back. Thank God! It was truly hot with no end sight. May and June has the best weather. Usually. Not this year.

Mikey and I went to the park today for a walk (part of his ongoing dog obedience lesson). He liked everyone except one man jogging. Could smell the testerone I guess. I'll take him tomorrow too. 20minutes was the max. Hopefully I can get him to walk at least thirty minutes. Walked the baby hills too. He loved it. Hopefully he'll make a good walking companion.

Enjoy your Sunday,
Malia
Old 06-09-2002, 09:10 AM   #18

I worked yesterday morning, WHY WHY WHY do I even try to go to Wal-Mart on a Saturday?? That was stressful.

When I got home a life long friend of mine was at my brothers waiting for me to get home so then they came over. After five hours of laughing he left but by then I didn't feel like doing much around the farm.

It looks "stormy" out already but the air is cool.

It sounds like most of you are OP again. Yippee....

LuckyLadyBug
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
Old 06-09-2002, 07:20 PM   #19
Falling, but fighting...

Default A first for me!

Well ladies, brace yourselves....I stayed OP throughout Saturday and Sunday. This feat has never been done by me before...ever. I can't believe it, but I am so happy to have done it. I even banked 3 points today (not to mention my exercise points).

I sure hope I can get through this entire week without too much mishap. I really, really need a good weigh in. My sister-in-law is such an inspiration to me and I hope this will continue to motivate me to do this.

Have a great night.
Old 06-09-2002, 08:54 PM   #20
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Susie: congraulations

my food hasn't been too good I made home made ice cream today and I just had to eat some. I took my son out to lunch today for helping me do something. He still hasn't found a job

Where is everyone? I'm lonely
Old 06-09-2002, 10:39 PM   #21
a work in progress...

Hi kids...

Back from the wilds...We had a lot of fun...great weather, lots of laughs...we're already planning a return trip in October. Dh and I are relatively new to camping, so this was a learning experience, what to bring, what NOT to bring (like too much food!) With four families there, there was WAY too much food! When we got home today, we took the hamburgers and hotdogs over to my sisters house and barbecued there while the kids swam in her pool. I'm tired...I have a lot of unpacking to do and laundry and I have the nerve to be sitting here on the computer!
~~~I missed you guys!!~~~

Lucky, gotta love that SpongeBob! In case you didn't know the snail is his pet, Gary. He says "meow." You'll appreciate this, Malia... We were hiking yesterday to a lighthouse... then rested and picnicked on the beach. We came across a large tree stump washed up on shore in the shape of a pair of pants (flat top and then the branches seperated and were chopped off straight.) One of the kids found a yellow sponge, so we laid that on top of the stump, propped up some shoes and took pictures of "Sponge Bob!" I guess you had to be there!

Tina, I'm so envious...you guys still have drive-ins! The last one in the state of New Jersey was in the town where we live, they knocked it down quite a few years ago to put in one of those mega-plex movie theaters. I LOVED going to the drive in! Way to go on planning with "good" snacks...you gotta have SOMETHING at the movies!

Susie, welcome back! Good job for getting back on track! Your weigh in was only half as bad as anticipated! It definitely helps having someone to go with. keep up the good work!

Michelle, I hope all went well with your test. Once this is done, you can flush all the rest of those formulas out of your brain...who needs 'em?

Baylee...how's the swimming going?

Thin is making herself scarce, I notice...still in the shower i suppose...

2cute, I hope all went well for you this weekend.

Mary, you're making my mouth water with this talk of homemade ice cream...mmm

Okay, i must get back to unpacking...hope I didn't miss anyone...I'll catch up tomorrow.

Nighty night!

Nobody can bring you peace but yourself... Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by katrinabgood : 06-09-2002 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-10-2002, 12:16 AM   #22
Progress..not perfection

Default Quick Response....

Hey guys.....sorry to hop in and out so quickly, but I wanted to come in real quick and say hi. I am happy to report I am still OP despite the stress in my life. My boss is driving me nuts. I updated my resume' today and I am filling out some applications tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed for me. The sad part about it is, is that I love the job. I have never once had a complaint about what I'm doing. Many times I have had wonderful supervisors, but the job was crappy and now, I finally find something I really like and I just can't deal with my supervisor. She has been there for 14 years and she isn't going anywhere.......this I am sure of.
Girls, I am 32 years old. There are a lot of things you can replace in life. Your car.......your house......your job. LOTS of things. Heck....you can even replace the ol' dh .....but the one thing you can't replace is your self-respect. I am a grown woman and she has no right screaming at me. NO ONE has that right and I am sick and tired of being treated like a dog. I know the job market is really bad right now and it is really scary changing jobs, but I just have to. Either that, or lose my sanity.
Well, I have to go for now. Just had to hop on here and "feel the love" for a minute. Please keep me in your thoughts and wish me good luck as I head out on the ol' application trail tomorrow!

Tina
Old 06-10-2002, 01:30 AM   #23

Hi everyone,

Tina, good for you. It'll do your esteem wonders applying and interviewing for a new job. Take it or not, it'll make a difference in your attitude.

I spent this morning reading a book in the ole garden. Then watched H&G garden shows. Figured I would spend the rest of the day as a couch potato, so I went to Star Wars again. Came home and watched the Queens Jubilee rock concert on VH1.

Kat, sounds like you had great fun. I haven't been out camping for ages. Your spongebob was funny, I could picture it. Did you see the episode where patrick & spongebob were proud parents of a shellfish? It chirped like a baby bird and ate worms too. Patrick acted like he worked all day to avoid baby duty. Sponge ironing and in curlers. looked like an episode from the Honeymooners.

Back to work for a day. We have a State holiday on Tuesday and I'm off on Wednesday. Just love this time of year.

See ya,
malia
Old 06-10-2002, 07:38 AM   #24
Falling, but fighting...

Good morning everyone,

Nothing really to report, but had a minute, so I stopped in.

Malia: Sounds like you had a nice relaxing day. I have a 2 1/2 year old, so I don't get many of those.

Tina: I agree with you. You shouldn't have to be yelled at. You have to enjoy your job and that includes the people that work there. Good luck on the job hunt.

Katrinabgood: Camping, huh? I much prefer hotels and room service....

Grannie: If I can get back on track, anyone can. You can do it.

Well, have a great day everyone. I will hopefully be able to report another day OP when I get online tonight.
Old 06-10-2002, 05:10 PM   #25
a work in progress...

Hiya!

Busy, busy Monday, I guess...everyone's at work? I had every intention of knuckling down and working off the s'mores I ate over the weekend (4), but somehow got side tracked. My sister and I had a wonderful, relaxing morning on the beach; sunning, reading, and snoozing, while our hubbies played golf. They met us for lunch at a cute little place right on the water...I was all set to dutifully order the veggie wrap, when the crab cakes caught my eye and that was that. They were quite good, I didn't eat all the fries though...so back to being good as of dinner tonight! I believe it will be a nice big salad. and water. nothing else.

Tina, I'm glad you are getting your resume together, but while you do that, keep in mind that this boss has no right to speak to you that way. Keep in mind that you are leaving anyway, so she can no longer intimidate you by firing you. And what could she possibly fire you for? Doing your job too well? Is there someone over her? A personnel department with which you can file a grievance? If nothing else, I would let her know that there are FAIR labor laws and that you intend to look into your rights as an employee regarding giving fair notice for time off. Just stand up to her and you may be surprised at how she'll back off. Most bullies go after those that they CAN scare, not those they can't. Good luck, hon.

Susie...I never thought I would enjoy camping as much as I have the few times I've done it...but I've got nothing against clean sheets (and toilets) and room service either!

Malia...ahh, what a nice relaxing day you had...I don't get too many of them! Today was one of them, though! I felt slightly guilty, thinking of all that I could be doing instead of lying on a beach...it passed. I'll keep an eye out for the episode you mentioned, sounds funny!

Lucky...how's the farm? You done raking? Did you ever get to plant your flowers yet?

I have to take a nap now...boys are off to the movies..."Sum of all Fears." I'm not sure if my son will like it...he's currently heavily into his "Harry Potter" dvd...it has gotten him re-reading the series though...My daughter has play practice tonight, so I have time to myself to rest...before work tonght
And that's all I have to say about that!

See ya'll later...have a great night!

Nobody can bring you peace but yourself... Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 06-11-2002, 08:04 AM   #26
You and Me in 2003

Good morning ldies
I just realized that next month I will have been on this diet 1 year I have lost close to 45 pounds but I am in a slump. I want to eat. I am stuck just above 200 I know its my fault taht I'm not losing. I'm not drinking enough water and eating on the run since I'm back at work.

Today is my day off I am going into the city maybe have lunch with my sister we never do anything together.

Hope all of you have a good day where is everyone it's lonely here hurry back
Old 06-11-2002, 08:19 AM   #27

Hey, where is my post....I did one but it's not here...

Shoot, gotta go to work now....

LuckyLadyBug
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
Old 06-11-2002, 09:37 AM   #28
Michigan Old-Timer

My post was so long I was afraid it would throw us into the next page so rather than leave the next poor person on the second page, I figured I would start a new thread and take my new post with me.

STOP

DO NOT POST HERE!

Go To '300+ And Ready To Try Again #177
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.