Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-14-2009, 08:15 PM   #16  

I am sorry for your pain.Its easy to self medicate when we are down and out.It is an addiction.That does not mean you cant overcome it, it means you might need some extra help.have you visited OA forum?Or chicks in control forum?Very helpful to me!!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:44 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

One step at a time. that is how to get back on track. No matter how tough life gets, try to keep at least one good habit going. Working out with dumbells, 10 minutes on the treadmill. a walk around the neighborhood. Anything as long as it keeps a good habit going in your daily life. Don't go for perfection, just go for something.

For addictive food patterns, I think you would find an elimination diet helpful. If carbs are your weakness, as they are for many, Avoiding simple carbs like candy, white bread, potatoes, chips, anything that triggers a binge, may help.

Also look into food sensitivities or allergies. the foods we crave are often the foods that we have food allergies or food sensitivities to.
kaebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #18  

And your sister only lives just down the road and is but a phone call away. Those cupcakes on Sunday didn't help, huh?

I've known you your whole life and I know you are much stronger than you ever give yourself credit for. The amount of weight/inches you've lost over the last couple of years is amazing and you're now the "skinny" sister. I know you have had a rough blow last week, but God brought you to it, He'll see you through it. We're always going to have a struggle with weight. Its in our genes. And we both know there isn't an easy out. You'll get your motivation back and maybe in the process help me find mine again.

I love you little sis and I'm sorry things are so crummy right now. Lots of hugs!
Ladybugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:07 AM   #19  

Height: 5'6"

My, how the tears will fall.

Genes, habit, learned behavior we have it all don't we. The first thing I have to shake is the "Why me?" I know it could be worse but I feel like I struggle so much and I make the stuggle such a big part of my life I am miserable. I am determined to fight through it. The way I see it, the only other option I have is to give up and die.

(I sent you a text- you really should come over tom. night and we can scrapbook. I have tons of stuff so just bring some pictures. )
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote