Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #1  

Default Your Advice 3FC??

Hi, i'm new to this. I want and need to lose weight and have joined here for help, advice and support.

I am 23 years old, 5ft 8in and currently weigh 16st 6lb. At my heaviest I was 17st 11lb. Last October I got married and got down to 15st 5lb since it has started creeping back on.

I have been on Slimming World and Weight watchers both working for a short amount of time the failing with me going back to my habits. My husband can eat anything he wants and not gain a lb I dont want him to feel deprived of things (ie chocolate, cake, crisps)

I walk 1.5 mile a day(to work), I work full time so want a plan which is simple and easy to prepare but also cheap!!! I hope you will help me anything from exercise tip or plans to meal suggestions or daily plans.

Thanks x x
lyndzi76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

Welcome to 3FC! It sounds like you know how to diet, you're just having a time finding something that you can stick with long term. That can be hard, and many people here share that with you. My suggestion is to browse the forums, and see what looks like something you can live with.

Personally, I think calorie counting is about the easiest thing to do, but that might not work for you. A book I just recommended in another thread could be of use as well. The No Time To Lose Diet has a lot of tips for fast meals when you are busy like yourself. And it is full of cost effective ideas and should have plenty of ingredients that are also available in the UK.

You might also want to check out our UK chicks forum because they may have a lot of good UK based options for you. Good luck!!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

You know, even though your husband can eat chocolates and crisps without gaining a pound, the weight on the scale is not the only measure of health. He doesn't need to eat much of that nutritionally vacant stuff either - no matter what the scale says. Not saying he has to give them up completely, but cutting back on foods with little nutritional value and replacing them with really good food is better for everyone, even if they don't want to lose weight.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote