Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 345/282/200

Height: 5'8"

Default Happy Easter!!!!

Well so far so good. Tomorrow is Easter and all of my friends and family have respected my wishes and no one bought me any Easter candy. My little sister has given me Marshmellow Peeps every year for years for as long as I can remember because it has always been a childhood favorite of ours.

Nobody from church gave me any small baby Easter baskets filled with Easter goodies. No Easter eggs and no chocolate.... YET!

So far so good. I DO miss not eating my Peeps but I decided I just didn't need them. I am eating 1800 calories a day and while I could work them in my plan if I wanted to I would rather eat something more filling (more filling = more food!).

NOW the big test for me will be when I go in the Drugstore AFTER Easter and all the candy is on sale for almost nothing. It is not so much the candy I can't resist it is the bargains! LOL! I mean that big chocolate bunny was $4.98 the day before Easter and the next day AFTER Easter it is .25 cents! I mean who can resist that kind of a bargain.

I know it's not just about the candy because I am the same way about the after Christmas stuff!

Happy Easter everyone!

Last edited by flatiron; 04-11-2009 at 09:47 AM.
flatiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:48 AM   #2  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Happy Easter to you too!

My issue will not be candy...never was..it will be my scalloped potatoes with extra...EXTRA!!....cheese....

It is all my fault...I make them....dang....TRADITION!!! wink

Last edited by EZMONEY; 04-11-2009 at 09:49 AM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

My weakness is cheesy broccoli casserole with rice. Yum!! I'm not even going to touch it this year. It's impossible not to have seconds! Happy Easter everyone!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 04-11-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:38 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Happy Easter everyone! I hope yours is a blessed day!

Flatiron - stay away from the leftover Easter candy - stay out of the stores for a week if you have to. Think of the TOTAL cost of those sale items. Yes, a 25 cent bunny is a great MONETARY bargain - but not so great on the HEALTH and FITNESS scale. If you MUST take advantage of the after Easter sales - stick to the eggs, plush bunnies, and other non-sugar items

Hey - maybe you can buy a cute little yellow stuffed chicken and name him "Peeps". He can be your mascot on your weight-loss journey. A reminder that you have transformed into a new you - one that is fit and healthy and has strength to conquer marshmallows and chocolate cravings

Last edited by CountingDown; 04-11-2009 at 07:41 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #5  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I have made it so far without eating a Cadbury caramel egg and they will be out of the stores next week!!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:31 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Gary, I'm sooo with you on the scalloped potatoes, or anything hearty and cheesy like that. I can leave the sweet stuff alone most of the time, but oh, cheese, french fries, chips, sausages
Sorry, went into a food-trance there...

Flatiron, maybe just steer clear of the stores for a few days?
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:33 AM   #7  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy Easter!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:10 AM   #8  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

i agree with the scalloped potatoes as well and the peeps. but i am amazed at how the amount of candy that i buy and my family buys over the years has changed. my son is 5 this year and there is no peeps this year and i know that my mom did not buy any candy for him at all this year last year she bought him some yorgurt and not as much candy. i only bought a small back of kisses, peanutbutter cups, m&ms and a small package of snicker bars that was it oh and 1 chocolate bunny for my son. other then that he got toys or books this year.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote