Stay At Home Moms #48

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • I hate softball......I hate softball........I hate softball...........
    Sorry ladies, I just have to vent.....Dh is just obsessing about tomorrows games.....nothing else seems to matter and that is all that he wants to talk about. Doesn't matter what else is going on or how I feel or anyone else........ just that it is softball. Sorry to bellyache, but I have just about had it and I am sick of this constant diet of softball. It is all Dh talks about and at least for today all he cares about. We basically even gave up our anniversary to get thru softball season ( ok , he did remember it, and gave me a beautiful card but we have not gotten out to celebrate at all). Sorry for venting, but I want to go drown in some food at the moment and have to get rid of this awful feeling. I know that it will all be over tomorrow- for better or for worse, but I am tired of putting up and shutting up.
    I hope to check back in later when I am hopefully in a better frame of mind.
    Sorry for sounding like such a crank. (and it isn't even PMS time!)
    Ginny
  • A little about me!!
    I guess I should tell you a little about myself! What was I thinking! My name is Shanni, I'm 24 years old. I'm happily married (3 1/2 years). We have 3 year old twins, a boy and girl! What a surprise!! We knew it was possible since it runs in the family but I never guessed I'd actually have twins. (My great-grandmother has 3 sets!! not to mention the 6 other kids she had! Wow what a woman!) My husband just lost his job this week He was a drywall finisher. He had been with this company almost 3 years. Hardly missed any work. Was in a car accident a little over a month ago and missed several days because of this. (He was in the hospital for a week , 1 night in ICU) The car was totaled. He is truly lucky to be alive!! (There is an imprint in the windshield where his head hit and hair still stuck in it!) And was fired because he missed too many days! And to make it worse he was fired by his own brother (what a loser!!) But that's just the way his family is. The kind of family that only gets together on the holidays because they have to. Thankfully my family is a lot more supportive.

Spent all day at the pool with hubby and kids. Got a little red! And have a terrible headache from the sun. But it was fun! Nice to have some family time!

The kids are finally in bed for the night. So I think I'm gonna go relax in the tub While I can!

Hope everyone is having a super great day! Bye for now!

--shanni
  • Hey guys, sounds like not a lot of happy people are here tonight

Jen - don't sweat the bad eating/no excersize week, it happens to all of us. If you remember, I just had a week like that no too long ago cause hubby was on vacation. And believe me, I struggle EVERY day to make myself work out. That's whay I'm so glad I have this place to come to. It makes me remember why taking care of myself is important. Just listening to you guys talk about your successes (and even failures ) makes me get motivated. You'll get back into it in no time and when you do you'll feel great! But in the meantime, don't be too down on yourself, it'll only tempt you to eat unhealthily. Baby steps...

Ginny - What up with dh? He doesn't realize what a gem he has if he's so wrapped up in softball that he doesn't even take his wife out for an annniversary until the season's over and she's ok with that! OMGoodness, I am not that tolerant - you're a much more understanding woman than I. But enough of my self-richeousness. Tomorrow it'll all be over and the whole family can move on to better things (phew! ). So just take this last day in stride and don't eat anything today that you'll regret tomorrow! Willpower willpower willpower (repeat as often as necessary )

Shanni - so nice to meet you! You sound like a very nice lady and I'm sorry to hear about your brother-in-law's lack of decency. He should be ashamed of himself for firing his own brother - especially when missing work couldn't be helped. Doesn't he know you have bills to pay? I just don't know about some people. I am glad, though, that your dh is ok - it sounds like his injuries could have been much worse and that he was one of the lucky ones

Wow! I guess I'm kinda on a mini-people-bash tonight. It must be that TOM came to visit and I'm a bit cranky. Plus, I'm hungry and I'm trying not to eat chocolate - and that always makes me irritable.

I did get a chance to work outside today though and I got part of my yard prepped for a retaining wall planter. It always sounds so easy when thinking about it and then doing is always another story - lol. For as hard as I worked, I still have tons more to do before it's finished completely - story of my life I think?

On a happier note, I did do my upper body workout today and then I watched a video that uses latin dance as a workout routine. I started just watching but then couldn't help but get up and start doing it - it looked that interesting. By the time it was over, my legs were rubbery and I was sweating like crazy! I think it's a keeper. Not only will I get aerobic excersize, but I'll learn some interesting dance moves as well. Cool huh! Well, I guess I'll be off for today. Gotta do a load of laundry before bed - oldest dd needs her t-ball uniform for a parade that she's in tomorrow. Talk to y'all later!
  • Good Morning!

I hope all of you are in better spirits today. I know I felt a little bit overwhelmed myself yesterday. It's been a crazy household over by me! DH came home from being gone all week & I could tell that he was disappointed on how trashed the house was. I told him that end of the year field trips don't happen too often & to bear with it & in no time I'll have the house back in order. (Yah right, what he doesn't know, won't hurt him!) So-after I post here,the cleaning fairy will begin! Ginny: I'm sorry that I haven't sent my Get Well wishes your way in re: your agonizing tooth! Knock on wood, I so far haven't had to deal with a root canal,so I can only imagine what you are going through! And for your DH not taking you out for your anniversary: If it makes you feel any better...I received a gift certificate to a nice restaurant last July for my birthday & he still hasn't taken me! It expires on July 13th & if he doesn't take me soon, I guess you'll have to come for a visit & we'll go out & celebrate together! My DH doesn't talk softball/baseball too much, but he constantly has the NASCAR/Speedway cable channel on just about round the clock when he's home. If he's not watching NASCAR, he's going over every detail about our new garage, or some other outdoor project that he started. This kind of stuff bores me to death & at times, I'd swear that I'm going to kill myself from banging my head against some wall from frustration & aggrivation!!Spryng: Where the heck are you anyways? I'm really getting concerned about you with all that is going on in your life! Misty:Where in the world are you too? Sheila:I sure hope you're doing okay too! Latisia: It looks as though you're one busy gal too! Sassypie:
    Aren't you finding out that yardwork is therapeutic? -lol!
    We have a lot of work ahead of us putting up decorative block/timbers to prep us for the planters that will go around the entire base of our new garage. What's the name of the Latin exercise video that you worked out to? It sounds contagious! I hope you enjoyed your "ME" time without interuptions! Shanni: Wow! To be a 24 y/o with 3 y/o twins, how grown up you had to get in such a short time, huh? You & Spryng sure have a lot in common! My heart goes out to you & your dh in re: his lay-off. Does his brother own the business, or is he just one of the main boss'? In either case, they should have made an exception considering what your dh has went through. How horrible that he hit his head on the windshield! Was he wearing a seatbelt? Glad to hear that your family had a great time @ the pool, as family time is so important! Jen:
    Don't feel bad about your crummy week you had with trying to stay OP & exercise. It sounds like a duplicate of mine! We have to nip it in the bud though, before we really regret what we have done to our bods! LETS STAY FOCUSED!! As for posting-I totally understand why you haven't chose to post individually to all of us. I do this from time to time & I don't think that you all hate me for this! It's just great to know how you're doing in general. Mel:
    You can stop all the envy that you have over me-It didn't pan out the way I wanted it too! I had such a busy day that I was exhausted before dinner already! With being a Mom, we should all realize that things usually don't work out as planned! Congrats on the camper! What kind are you buying? We have a Pop-Up & plan on using it a lot this summer. We go to a lot of State Parks to camp. How lucky you are to have land next to a lake! I grew up in a lake cottage & loved every minute of it! Someday when our lives slow down, maybe then we could purchase land somewhere by the water. With my dh's traveling for work, it's impossible right now! With all the sun reflection you get off the water,you better make sure to include sunscreen everytime!
    Well gals, I can hear my dh walking around in the kitchen. I guess it's time to go make breakfast! Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Good morning!
    Thanks to each of you for being so understanding. Dh started on a bit of a roll about softball again........and well at least there was something interesting in the news for him to talk about other than that so we had a conversation about the Skakel trial. Anything other than softball..........
    We are leaving for the game in 15 minutes, I am just here for a second set of instructions (Dh did not "like" the first set of instructions ). It is all over today.........thankfully!
    I am in a better mood and the tooth is starting to feel better. And I got rid of my computer woes and got a fairly good nite sleep (once the advil kicked in!). So things are looking up. Now it is time for the scale to go down.
    Have a great day!
    Ginny
  • I hate baseball so I can totally relate to the lady who hates softball. Tomorrow Bob has someone else to go with him (HALLELUJAH). Sorry about that I really wasn't shouting at anyone here. Well this has been a stressfulweek for me. My oldest grandson was diagnosed with asthma on Monday. That means we have to go to scool everyday at noon and give him a breathing treatment. The medication he is on, is really got him an emotional wreck. He flies off the handle at the drop of a hat. So anyway his dad has him this weekend, I have to smile because he called me last night, because he didn't know how to handle the childs emotional outbursts. Enough about that. I really have the worlds worst memory, i'm going to start taking notes so I can be more effective on the board. Otherwise 'm doing pretty good, I did my 2 mile run this morning, and shaved 2 minute off my time. Tomorrow is my day off from exercise then Monday back at it. Hope everyone has a great weekend, Judy
  • Good Evening, Everyone!

First of all, I'd like to let you all know that Spryng is okay. I finally got a hold of her on the phone & she informed me that her internet is down at the present time & hopefully it will be up & running on Monday. She's not sure on how much time she will have to post because she's getting ready for a convention & will be quite busy 'til July 1st. She's doing about the same as I am with her challenge. Either staying the same or gaining a little. She's not too worried though because she is starting to feel comfortable at the weight that she's at. For me...I'm not comfortable at all with my present weight & am up 4#. Not for long though,because our cousin played back the video of my God Child's party that was this aft. & I was totally disgusted by the way that I looked on it! It actually put me in a state of depression. I guess it's a great incentive builder to lose weight though. We're going up to their summer home the weekend of July 20th & I sure hope that I'm down at least 5-8# by then. No more Turtle Sundaes!
    Who am I trying to fool anyways? I'm also going to try & follow the Fit For Life plan to a "T"! Judy: Thanks for checking in with us. Talk about a bad memory...I wanted to address you earlier today & I forgot what your name was! Sorry! I was just talking to Spryng today & she read somewhere that when you diet, you tend to lose your memory. Is that what is happening to me? I'm sorry to hear about your Grandson's Asthma problems. Hopefully the humidity won't be too bad for him this summer.
    Ginny:I'm glad that your tooth is starting to feel a lot better. Pleasant dreams, my dear!
    Well gals, it's bedtime for me. I may check in tomorrow while I'm peddlin. C-U Later!
  • Hi!
    Sounds like everyone is doing alright. I am too, even the sunburn is nearly better. We spent the day down at the Lake again, but my time was spent sitting under an umbrella watching Ds and nephew play in the pool.
    Jackie, our camper is a (gently) used 27ft. Terry with a slide-out, and I can't tell you how excited we are to use it. We're trying to get it on the lot by next weekend, but that's going to be pushing it! Ginny, I don't know how you handle all of those ball games, my sister has a Ds & Dd playing. She's always at practice or games, and usually 2 or 3 a day on Saturday. That seems like a hassle, but I know the kids enjoy! But who am I to talk, my Ds plays football and basketball. Judy, I sure am glad I'm not the only one that can't keep track. It's not for lack of trying though, I just have an awful memory! Sorry!!! I sure enjoy my time spent here with you ladies anyway, and I'll catch on soon.
    Jackie,don't worry, I didn't lose this week either, but I didn't gain! Which is an awesome miracle, because we have eaten out everyday this week. I know we'll do this, so don't give up. I start WW Tuesday, and I can't wait! Well, I think I'm going to turn in, BBL
  • This thread is getting so long.........I am going to start #49. See ya there!!!!!!!
    Ginny