Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/250/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Have you had a diet induced Melt Down?

Hello 3fc'ers,
I am stranded in my office having a nuclear melt down. I started being annoyed by my son's guitar teacher, and then it went into a full blown messy crying/ hyperventilating mess. I feel like a train wreck with a headache and kind of messy vision, and I just feel kind of spacey and disconnected.
I am sure this has to do with my reduction in calories, and quite possibly some hormonal imbalance as I lose weight and my hormones adjust.
Anyone else out there been stranded in their office? Can anyone relate to this?
Thanks,
Joanne
Macomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #2  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Yes Ive had a diet induced meltdown! It was kind of like a tantrum, adult style. I cried, whined, got mad, and cried some more.

Maybe you should watch your blood sugar, if you are feeling weak....maybe its too low? Also, too low of calories can make you feel weak.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/250/150

Gotcha. I just went for a walk and got a snack. Sunshine and food- I no longer want to stamp my feet on the floor.
Thanks.
Macomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

I get that way a lot....but I also suffer from generalized anxiety disorder. A walk usually helps me. (In the old days when I got like that a mixed drink, a cigarette and a dozen cookies made it all better.) No wonder I gained 150 pounds in the first couple years of the onset of my anxiety!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

I had a few months of them..... but I chalked it up to diet pills....... (1/2 per day). However, I work for a neurosurgeon and when I finally talked to him about it..... he said it was b/c of the rapid weight loss. He said my brain was off balanced (the chemical). I don't want to get into the whole scientific side of it..... but basically he told me to eat egg whites and mushrooms (those are the best restorers). I don't like the whites, but I have been eating them.

I thought from my many years of dieting I knew about brain chemicals and all, but evidentally you can be in ketoacidosis without cutting your carbs out-- which is what I did.

Enough rambling. I hope it helps.

Tammy
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Speaking as a veteran yoyo dieter, I often get crankier the first several weeks that I restrict calories. Then it seems to even out. Exercise does seem to really help (esp walks outside on sunny days!).

I figured it was primarily a blood sugar thing, but I don't know for certain. Interesting to hear the tip about egg whites.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:38 PM   #7  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

I've heard a few folks attribute magical calmness to spending a mere five minutes a day doing deep-breathing exercises. When I was in my last months with the automotive industry, I found a product called Natural Stress Relief, from Life Extension Foundation. The main ingredient is lemon balm. Very interesting stuff - it really knocked the edge off the irritants.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

haha reminds me of when I went grocery shopping with my bf and had a tantrum (toddler style) because I couldn't buy anything with refined sugar in it... baaad day lol
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote