Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-23-2009, 08:11 AM   #1  
Becoming Maggie

S/C/G: 225/219/130

Height: 5"3"

Default Back again and the reasons why

Well, I have restarted my weight loss efforts again. Based on my login name of beforein35 and the fact that I am almost 38, you can see that I've done this before.

Over the last 10 years or so, besides temporary weight losses, I have hovered right around 195. I ate whatever I wanted yet never seemed to stray far from that mark. Well, today, I hit the scales at 214, the heaviest I have ever been and not been pregnant. Redoing my signatures this morning, I see that I last started at 199 and that was in September of last year. That was right about the time that I started a new job, where I rarely ever move from my desk. Now, the weight is piling on at a rapid pace.

None of my old clothes fit me. I get winded walking upstairs to my room. I am always tired and unmotivated. When I wake up in the morning, it hurts to walk.

While these, in themselves, are good reasons, this isn't the motivating factor this time. Last week, I came up with a idea. I would like to start a program in my area where kids 13-18 can go, for free, to exercise and learn how to be healthy and build self-esteem. I realize, now that I am closing in on 40, how many experiences and opportunites I have missed out on in my life. I have not persued promotions, not gone out and socialized with my peers and been terrified of putting myself out there. I want to help stop that cycle for kids before it gets out of control.

I figure doing this will help me just as much as it would help them. I would have to work out and I would gain self-esteem knowing that I was helping others. This is one time when I think it is really important that I follow through on something and it needs to start with me.

So I start again and I am not going to stop trying this time.
beforeim35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 283.4/251.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations on your new start. I wish you the best of luck.

The youth program sounds like a great idea. I hope you do look into it a bit more and that you'll one day get it started!
KatDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:18 AM   #3  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Congratulations and what a wonderful idea. Please update us with how it is going!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:39 AM   #4  
ida

The youth program is a wonderful idea. I think it's great to make something positive out of your weight loss struggle!

Also, I think what you said at the end is some important knowledge that I've just realised myself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beforeim35 View Post
So I start again and I am not going to stop trying this time.
As long as you keep trying, you will lose weight. There's just no other option.
ida is offline   Reply With Quote