Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-31-2009, 12:18 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 167/148/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggg View Post
OH WOW! I am SOOOO stealing these ideas! thanks for the inspiration. I never thought about doing this before..err, except with food, that is
I definitely agree
Jassica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:46 AM   #32  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

aaneri, (and everyone else!) you're truly inspiring! I have a "raindrop therapy/massage" scheduled at a local spa for April 10 - yeah, that's gonna be a GREAT Friday!. My DH gave me a gift certificate for my birthday last May and I just couldn't see myself enjoying it at that weight - didn't want anybody touching me! I've held a 10 pound loss for 2 weeks now, so I'm declaring victory on that.
Here's my ideas for reward:
159.5 (-15, and NORMAL weight): New swim suit for workouts
149.5 (-20): Interior decorator for my living room
139.5 (-30 and GOAL): A weekend family vacation at Typhoon Lagoon - the most absolutely awesome waterpark!
Thanks so much - now I'm all motivated again to go for the next 5 pounds!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:04 AM   #33  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaneri View Post
I think I have let myself go for so long that I am ready to "get myself back together"...what I mean is that I have not paid much attention to what I look like...i've bitten my nails to the skin, my hair is a hot mess, and I have no clothes because I hate shopping.Therefore, I have come up with the following mini-goals which are 10 pounds at a time followed by a reward

10 pounds lost = hair cut and start tanning
20 pounds lost = hair highlight and teeth whitening
30 pounds lost = get my make up done professionally and nails done
40 pounds lost = massage/facial
50 pounds lost = new clothes
60 pounds lost = professional pictures with my boyfriend

Is this the way I ought to be thinking? or is this unhealthy?

I'm in the same boat, my son is 16m and I still wearing some of my maternity clothes.

Thanks for inspiring me, here I was thinking the 50 pounds I have to loose are not realistic. I think for me it's better to follow your example.

Success for you!
Renacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:49 PM   #34  
sugar is the devil

To be honest with you...

I have done EXACTLY what you have done when I made my "weight loss plan" last summer.

For every 10 lbs I will reward myself with something that makes me feel GOOD about myself (eyebrows waxed, hair dyed, teeth whitened, buy shorts, bikini, corset, get a tattoo, etc). The incentives help to keep you in motivation... and I will not reward myself with the above until I make my goal (ie. my eyebrows were really hairy and I really needed a wax, but I said NOPE not until you lose 4 more lbs to make your mini-goal.. so since I really wanted it I made sure I kept up with everything... my eyebrows are now waxed )

I think this is a very healthy way.. plus you will maximize your self confidence when you feel like you are enhancing your physical appearance
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote