Popcorn & bloating?

• Has anyone else noticed popcorn causing bloating? I love it as a high-volume, low-cal snack, but seems like every time I eat it, I am up 2-3 pounds the next morning!
  • To be honest, I am the complete opposite... if I eat popcorn before bed, I am always down the next morning (not that I eat it that often). Funny how different foods affect different people in different ways.
  • I WISH popcorn could be my magic overnight weight loss pill!
  • It sounds more like an issue with salt. Are you using microwave popcorn? I have bloating if I get microwave but absolutely none when I use my air popper - and its a whole lot cheaper.
  • I only use the air popper. Sometimes I lightly salt, but sometimes I sprinkle w/ Splenda & cinnamon for a sweet treat, & I still bloat. So nope, it's definitely the popcorn, not the salt!
  • Hmmmm.... I was wondering the same thing when I stepped on the scale this morning. I dont eat popcorn often, but I had a lot of it last night - air popped with a bit of garlic salt. I was up 1 pound and my tummy felt a little bloated. I am interested to see what others' experiences are.
  • May be going out on a limb on this but popcorn is VERY absorbent and if you're also drinking a lot of anything before bedtime maybe by the time you've woken up in the morning it's still retaining some of the liquid through the digestion process ...either way, does the weight not come off in the next day or two??
  • I know it has alot of roughage and aids in digestion so maybe once it all comes out in the "end" you will be down! I don't have a bloat problem with it but it does help in the other department!