Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-11-2009, 11:13 PM   #16  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Flatiron... I nearly split a gut laughing so hard...<grin>
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:47 AM   #17  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by teawithsunshine View Post
Rachinma--

I don't mean to be a downer, but why did you have the box of cookies on your desk (and for over a week) in the first place?

If you don't have the temptation in front of you at your desk at work, the less chance there is to splurge on unwanted calories!

~ tea
Actually, they'd been there for at least three weeks. So, I was doing fine! I was planning to eat two cookies at the end of March. OOps.
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:11 AM   #18  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

flatiron.... RAWR.

i quietly took a moment to expand your lovely dream sequence in which i went on to flip the table, stuff the leader in a trash can, boot around all the little brownies, and run off all baboon- like sceaming like a mental patient.

never WOULD... but it's fun to dream...
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:15 AM   #19  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I can so identify with this post. I had an ugly confrontation with a bag of Robin Egg's the other day.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #20  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatiron View Post
A cute little girl scout tried to sell me cookies on my way out of the grocery store the other day. I politely told her that I am trying to lose weight and can't eat cookies right now.

She didn't flinch and she looked up at me with big brown eyes and a smile and said "Don't you want to buy them for someone else, it's for a good cause?"

In a flash in my minds eye I saw me smacking the freaking cookies out of her hand and roaring into her face inches away "LOOK AT ME THE LAST THING I NEED IS A BOX OF F'ING COOKIES" sending the youngster running off in tears screaming for her mother .....
In a case like that I would have said to her...How about if I give you the money for the box of cookies and you can keep that box for yourself and your girlfriends?
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:16 AM   #21  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 302.2/302.2/160

Height: 5'7"

And just so you all know, too..... It really is for a good cause, they have been doing this thing called operation cookie drop the last 2 "cookie seasons." Where they send cookies over seas to the solders. Annnnnnd, part of the money that they earn from selling cookies send them to summer camps, or other outings with their troups.
Newlywed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #22  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Flatiron - good one! Now when I see the little girls this weekend, that's what I'll be thinking about.

Although I am sure it is a great fundraiser, I just wish they would come up with something else. I love the one where the group is selling daffodils. I can't remember if that's for the heart association or something else. But, I love that!!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:32 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

LOL Flatiron!

I don't buy GS cookies anymore either. But when it's "that time of year" I feel like I'm being stalked by them! I find the best answer to give them is " I already bought some" even though I didn't! Because any other response will yield you a nasty look from a parent that says "how dare you not want to buy cookies from this sweet little girl!" I'm sure all the girls are as sweet as a summer strawberry, but those cookies are nothing but evil!LOL!
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

I don't like hard cookies, so I'm safe from these evil cookies, but I can relate to the temptation when it comes to all that horrible (wonderful) horrible Easter candy in the stores right now.....why oh why does every holiday or event have to be attached to sweets....argh!!
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 215/199/180

Height: 5'8"

This year the troops had an option to buy the cookies for our troops in Iraq and Afganistan. So I just bought some cookies for the troops.
KDuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #26  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

I have never had a girl scout cookie. Which makes it sound as though I'm really great at not buying cookies--or the cheapest curmudgeon ever. Maybe there aren't that many girl scouts in this area of the Canada? No one has ever even tried to sell them to me as an adult. I think one girl came to the door when I was a kid and mom said no. That was in the 80's.
I still manage to get more than my fair share of cookies though. lol
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 172/148/136

They are so tempting! I was sitting at my desk minding my own business yesterday when one of my coworkers came by with an open package of the peanut butter ones--she offered it to me and the moment I smelled that peanut butter I couldn't resist taking one...Then I ate it verrrrrry slowly so I wouldn't be tempted to get a second!

I was a Girl Scout when I was younger and I do remember what a pain having to sell cookies was, though. It's great that they now have the option to send them to the troops!
bronte155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #28  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I don't typically buy any fundraiser items. I don't ask people to buy from my kids either--especially not right now when so many people are watching their money. I did buy one box this year to send to troops because a very close friend asked me to. If my girls were in scouts, I would buy xxx number of boxes (for gifts or troops) and be done with it. I don't like to obligate other poeple in what I find important. Some may not feel the "obligation" card when a kid asks, but I would say that's the way most of those cookies get sold.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 03-12-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:47 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 455/434.5/225

Height: 6'3''

omg i've had a taste for the PeanutButter ones...been jonesin for them BAD...i could easily be the one to see your 12 and raise you another box! I am thankful for this post...because I needed a reality check...if i buy a box...it will be eaten
TheRightWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:33 AM   #30  

I can't help to eat delicious food, after that I feel guilty and it seems that I get heavy at that time.
sindy9001 is offline   Reply With Quote