Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-12-2009, 02:38 PM   #16  
Waiting for summer

S/C/G: 255.5/248.5/190

Height: 5'10

I am in the starting phases of dieting and I dont think I could handle junk food in the house. It is waaaaay too tempting...especially when I get bored. I live with my boyfriend and we are dieting together...so it is perfect...nothing but "good for you" stuff...
aaneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #17  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
...snip...Apparently I was thinking about them because I blurted out loud "Ya had to buy Oreos, didn't you?!" He just looks at me, kinda stunned, and says "Oh, I didn't think you liked them cuz you never buy them." To which I replied "Uh, yeah, there is a REASON I never buy them!" We just laughed about it and I haven't touched them since...
This sounds so much like my house!

One day my husband was telling one of his friends how much I like to do laundry...I'm like, "what the heck are you talking about? He said, "Well you are always doing laundry, I though you liked it..."

We also have junk food in our house on occasion, and usually I'm not tempted. Seriously, once I set my mind to getting well, you could sit me in the middle of the worlds largest buffet and I could resist.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #18  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I don't keep that much here at the house. Of course, we all know you can binge on most anything. My kids get to buy their own lunch at school on Friday. I put 0 restriction on their accounts and if they want straight junk, they can have it. Interestingly, they get somewhat of a balance. On Sunday they get frozen yogurt cones. Otherwise, my poor kiddos don't get much junk. We do keep kashi cereal bars and organic rice krispy treats. They usually get one of those for snack every day.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 205/204/165

Thanks for all the great advise. I think everone has this problem when dieting
stina1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #20  
Rubber Ducky

S/C/G: 341/307/135

Don't deprive yourself. YOu want some chips....go for it. Take the serving size, or maybe half the serving size and pair it with something healthy like some sort of veggie dish. Don't want to do that?? Don't. What would eating those chips really do for you? You'll get the taste...and be happy about it. But what about nutrients? Fiber? did you just waste your calories on those chips? Think of what you could have ate with the same amount of calories that was much better for you and actually felt like food.
glitterducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #21  
Rubber Ducky

S/C/G: 341/307/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
I don't keep that much here at the house. Of course, we all know you can binge on most anything. My kids get to buy their own lunch at school on Friday. I put 0 restriction on their accounts and if they want straight junk, they can have it. Interestingly, they get somewhat of a balance. On Sunday they get frozen yogurt cones. Otherwise, my poor kiddos don't get much junk. We do keep kashi cereal bars and organic rice krispy treats. They usually get one of those for snack every day.
I thought it was interesting you put they have restrictions on their "accounts". Does the school have some sort of atm card stsyem. You pay each month or so and your children can use their lunch card like an atm card? And you can put restrictions on those cards.... Weird. I always just got some money and could buy what I wanted.
glitterducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
Does your brother bring you home the McDs and you just turn it down? Sometimes my parents will bring me home fast food and I'll feel bad not eating it and just letting it go to waste.

He did it once and yeah, I did just turn it down. He knows better now

Now he brings it home for himself, but he'll always offer to share some fries or a sip of his Coke or something. It's a battle saying "No" to a fry, Now I just have him bring home a fruit and yogurt parfait... I love those things!

Don't feel bad not eating it if you didn't ask for it! Once your parents have bought it, it could either go in the trash or in your stomach...and the trash won't gain any weight from eating it

If they bring it home for you, it sounds like you may need to sit down and talk with them. Have you told them you don't want it?
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:00 PM   #23  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterducky View Post
I thought it was interesting you put they have restrictions on their "accounts". Does the school have some sort of atm card stsyem. You pay each month or so and your children can use their lunch card like an atm card? And you can put restrictions on those cards.... Weird. I always just got some money and could buy what I wanted.

Yes, they have sort of an "ATM" card these days. They are prepaid and have their photo and info. on it. When the cafe' lady punches in their selections, it alerts her if the child is having something they shouldn't and she will tell the child to put it back if need be. This is a major city though so it may be different elsewhere. I like having the power to limit though if I need to. But like I mentioned, I don't restrict my kids--they only purchase on Friday.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote