Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 05:15 PM   #1  

Default Stay At Home Moms #47

Hi and welcome everyone

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support, and humor as we share our lives, as we restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!!

To see older thread click----->Stay At Home Moms #46<----------

Last edited by sheila061968; 05-28-2002 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:17 AM   #2  

Hi Everyone
Did I scare everybody away?? I kinda lost where I left off so bare with me
Gemini I know it is way belated I am sorry bout that..But just think you are only 30 on my next bday I will be 34!!
My weekend went great ..DH bought a grill so we had a BBQ on monday , even when we had thunderstorms I wasnt going to NOT cookout on that grill me and DH spent 2 hours on building the night before..Now I can cook out everyday !! I love grilled food I used to cook on my old grill even in the dead of winter..
I gotta brag about this even if it isnt anything to do with weight loss.. I have had NO dishes in my sink now for three days!!! Also I been doing at least a load of laundry a day sometimes two.. To me that is a HUGE accomplishment
Well everyone Hope all is well.. I have a new focus on stuff now and today I will try to get in at least 80 ouncs of water by bedtime..And now that I can grill I dont have that much worry about cooking meats in their own fats any more (WHOOOOHOOO) ..Also I found out I can have a little veggie garden in the back yard (above ground growing plants though no root veggies) So I will be able to have tomatoes and cukes and peppers !!!!!
Take Care all I will try to check in later but if I cant I will post tomorroiw
Sheila
Old 05-29-2002, 10:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Hi! I'm doing much better today. the "blues" have passed. Nothing is resolved but I'm ok with it right now. I don't want to be stressed out over this family thing. As for the scarsdale diet, I think it is too strict for me right now. I still want to do it but not right now. Instead I opted for low-fat. I'm keeping close track of what I eat again and hopefully I get some weight off before the end of June. But if not that's ok too because I'm actually very happy with my body these days. The only thing I'd really like to see is some toning and hips shrinking. But that requires action on my part. So I think I'm going to try and get some exercising in again. I'm making out a schedule today and want to start at just three days a week for now. Not everyday like last time. It burned me out quick.
Anyway, another day is here and I feel good about it. I have plenty of fat free items to get me started so I think I am ready once again to join you all in the weight loss battle. Is anyone working for a goal on a specific date? If not maybe we should pick a date and work off 5 lbs or so during that time. I need structure. If anyone has any ideas let me know.
Gotta go. Bye.
Old 05-29-2002, 11:04 AM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
I am still alive here..........you know me just busy as usual.
Thanks for starting the new thread, Sheila.
Jen- sounds like you have been busy too- working this weekend. That little baby- oh how sweet. We saw a lot of that when Dd (6) was born. She aspirated meconium (sp?) and ended up in the neonatal unit of a huge hospital- all 8#14oz of her! But we saw all the really sick little ones- the my neighbor (a pediatric RN) told us how a lot of the tiny ones who are in for a long long time are drug babies..... really makes you think. Bless you for what you do!
Jackie- I would love another kitty.......can I have one? (how nice that you are going to try to keep them- it will give Clarabell something interesting to watch out the window for!)
Spryng- I am glad to hear that you are doing better. (and glad that you are ok after that awful barge accident). My prayers go out to you on this situation with your Dm. Sometimes it is so hard to know what is right to do- and with a little one too! I do pray that your mom can - for the sake of your children- reconcile.
Misti- sounds like a busy planting season for you! Is tobacco the only crop you grow?

Sassy, Latisia- oh forgive me I am missing friends here........hope that you are all doing well.

Dd's prom went well. She looked lovely- but I was the meany of the evening. Let me start by saying that 3 weeks ago I became a liscenced bus driver (I am driving for the local school district afternoons only). This gets me on my kids schedule- summers off and I gain a pension (which I did not have before). I also- if I ever become full time can get benefits as in medical etc.... What does this have to do with the prom? Well at 9 pm, I got a call from a fellow class mate that the school trip- scheduled for the day after the prom was in jepoardy because they did not have a bus driver. So they called me. (groan......) I had to turn them down- the reasons are many and long- but the biggie was that I am liscenced but have not completed all of my training and would not be driving for the local school district (Dd goes to a private Christian school)- where I have access to mechanics backup busses etc.....and I am not familiar with the bus from Dd's school (yes, there is a huge difference between buses). My main issue was safety for the kids- the trip was to 6flags- 3 hours away.
Oh, did I catch grief for that!!!!!! But I think she understands now.......sort of..............
gotta go! I will get on later and be a bit more personal with each of you. Hope that your days are going well.
Ginny
Old 05-29-2002, 12:24 PM   #5  
Searching for Motivation

Good morning all!

Well, the vacation's finally over - this is a good thing, as my life will start to get back to semi-normal, and a bad thing, as my dh will be gone much of the day again.

Today Grandma has the girls so I'd hoped to get a lot accomplished BUT my back is unusually tight and I'm not moving around too quickly. I'm sure it has to do with no excersize last week and then an hour of tae-bo yesterday - nice little double-edged sword there huh? Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and offer some of my thoughts on what's been going on here lately...

Spryng - where to begin? I am very glad to hear that you and your family are ok with the recent bridge collapse but my oh my, I am so sorry to hear about all the issues that your family is dealing with right now with the drug use and jail time! It's amazing what drugs can do to a person and the people who love them. Unfortunately, until the person using decides that they've had enough, it's not over. It sounds like your brother might be on the right path but from what you've said, it doesn't sound to me like the girlfriend is ready to clean up. It sounds like your mom is angry because she and your father have decided to unite in their front and future handlings with your brother- tough love maybe? Because you have chosen to help him, they may see it as a "stab in the back" to them and not what your brother needs to get him on the right track. Is it possible that your mom said things she didn't mean out of anger and when thinking clearly will realize that children - especially grandchildren - grow up very quickly and will come around so you can discuss the situation rationally? Phew, take a breath! It sounds like her tolerance is not very high in this situation (who can blame her?) and that she is simply fed up and frustrated. I hope for everyone's sake that this will happen and you will all be working together to resolve the situation soon.

Jen - yes we did see Spirit and it was really good Both my girls really enjoyed it and my dh even got emotional at the end - ha! Just to "warn" you - the horses do not talk - only the people do. I guess they wanted to story to speak for itself through the scenery and music and I'd say they did a pretty good job - the animation was incredible with how they conveyed the horse's emotions. So I'm giving it a thumbs up Jeez- I'm sooooo sorry to hear about that little tike! I get so irritated when I see or hear of children who are abused/neglected/mistreated. It's amazing that there is no parental standard that needs to be met before conception. Sometimes, I just have to ask, "why, why do these things happen?" I know I will never get a concrete answer to this but augh!! it just makes me so mad that it happens period.

Sheila - I'm glad to see you posting but also taking "baby steps" to get your life in order. Sometimes the simplist tasks (dishes, laundry, showering, getting dressed even) seem so daunting that exherting the effort is just too much to ask. Have you ever thought of or do you already keep a journal? Not just any journal though, a positive journal, where you contribute only positive tidbits of your day like doing a load of laundry or staying on program or getting a colored picture from one of your children. The entries may seem small and few at first but the more you enter, the happier you become because you begin to appeciate the little things that so many other people take for granted. Understandably you need your meds for MD but coupled with the journal, you really may begin to look at things more positively. It's kinda like free therapy. Just a thought...

Jackie - I'd love to take one of those kittens if I could! I'm a cat person and yet, we have a dog! Sometimes I really wonder how that happened. I'm glad to hear that you're doing well and btw, who cares about the meat and buns together anyway? You gotta give yourself a break from time to time right and I don't know anyone who can resist grilled food - so big deal and who cares - you'll work it off cause you're committed

Judy, T, Ginny and anyone else I missed (sorry, sorry) I hope all is well and I'll get with you all another time. Unfortunately, my back is really tight with sitting in this uncomfotable computer chair and I gotta go find a heating pad. Talk to you all soon and have a beautiful day!
Old 05-29-2002, 03:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Angry

Hello!

I shouldn't be here right now, but I am! I've been gone from home all morning. My dd's school had their annual brunch for all the volunteers, so this is where I was part of the time. I was a good girl & only ate fruit & juice. The temptation was high for a muffin or a danish kringle, but somehow I managed to not touch them! After the brunch, I went shopping for flowers & came home with 4 flats worth. All my housework is looking me in the face, so I should really get to it before the day is finished, but not just yet! Sheila: My thanks goes out to you too for opening up a new thread. By what you have posted today, it sounds as though you are in great spirits. If this is the case, I'm so happy for you!Jen:
Thanks for the info. about tadpoles. I didn't have a large rock for them, or lettuce cubes either. The little taddys are microscopic right now, but I know what you mean! As for the cat & kittens: They may be my neighbors & they will check on them tonight sometime. We let the frog go last night because it wasn't eating anything in the aquarium. Hopefully it will be happier in or near the pond.
Sassypie: Welcome back from vacation & I sure hope you don't miss your dh too much! Hopefully you accomplished a lot while Grandma watched the kids. By the way...We went to see the movie "Spirit" over the weekend too! I'm usually not one for animation, but this one was awesome! I'll give it two thumbs up too! Ginny: I think that you made the right choice in re: the bus trip. 3 hours one-way is a lot to handle for just starting out driving a bus! As for 6 Flags:
I'm not quite sure what I think of those places after they had two deaths at 2 of their locations since this past weekend. It sounds as though they were both freak accidents, so I'll have to think about this! Spryng: I'm glad that you are in better spirits today. I sure hope that all works out with you & your family members. As for a goal to work for: Count me in! Let's see... Should we make it a 5# challenge by June 30th?
Let me know what you think. Do you want me to be your coach? Well, I must get going for now. I'll try & post to the rest of you later. Take Care!~

Last edited by Freckles; 05-29-2002 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-29-2002, 03:24 PM   #7  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Thanks for starting the new thread Shelia! Glad to hear from you. I love food cooked on the grill also. My Dh does most of the grill cooking tho. He has a specialty everyone around here enjoys, I'll share. One whole chicken one can of beer (we don't drink. buy the beer just for this recipe) pour half the beer out, add in various spices tbsp of vinegar. put the can of beer up he chicken butt and roast `er. It is very tastey. He fixed one on Memorial day. I'm just so glad to hear your spirits are rising. Thanks for checking in!

Jen so sweet about that lil' babe. My oldest Dd was in the neo unit (same reason as Ginny's) and we saw alot of sick babies. You're a special gal for doing what you do. I have alot of respect for ya.

Spryng geesh. One thing after another in your neck of the woods, huh? I'm so sorry to hear about your Dm. But glad you are dealing with it better today. And your Db, so sorry to hear about all the things he is going thru. How's his gf doing with her recovery? I'm also so glad to hear you and your family are all ok after the bridge accident.
I read about the scaresdale diet. I agree with you about it being to strict. I don't think I could do it. But low fat sounds better anyhow. Good luck and hope you get ito a exercising routine you like.

Ginny I had no ideal you were a buss driver! I might as well be! I drive a suburban generally pulling 4 horse trailer! Really tho, good for you. I still can't think how on earth you keep up! S-U-P-E-R M-O-M! You make my head spin! Glad you checked in as well.

Sassypie thanks for checking in, how are you feeling? Sorry to hear about you over doing your workout.

Jackie love to hear about those kitties. You seem to be noted for saving Gods lil creatures. I'm curious too, what does clairbelle think?

Judy glad you had a chance to check in with us also. Sorry to hear about your experience with the adkins diet. It seems to have that effect on some of us. The vegi diet sounds much better by far.

Now, as for me. Well I did see the doctor yesterday. She took me off the klonzapam. I'm doing fine with out it. She seemed to think it may have been partly due to it and the heat, also my work schedule and just plain not eating well. So I'm fine and actually I only registered 1# underweight for my height and bone size. Shocking, huh?
As for my day goes, Spryng asked awhile ago... it is sooo bad. Let me tell you what I ate yesterday: 2 eggs and wheat toast, 1 pineapple turnover, wedding cake, and a bite of mac n cheese. I drank I'm sure a gallon of water and worked in the field all day. Pretty poor.
I have to share a little experience I had last night. I was coming home from getting the girls at daycare and had just picked up 2 horses. I got to our road and guess what, the drive shaft came out of the truck. It was this awful wham bam dragging noise. I was pulling that trailer and turning onto a bridge. I was surely being watched over. Dh came looking for me in no time. One of the people who live on our road called him. Funny thing, our cell phones don't work once you get around our road. Must have something to do with the mountains.

To those who asked about our farm, we are new to all the farming buisness (just under 5 years) so we are kind of trying our hand at everthing. We raise free range/organic fed hogs, chickens, cattle, and rabbits. I just got in to a program where we rescue draft horses, I train them to pull a plow/sled/waggon (a trade I learned from my father) and they are then placed on a suitable farm. We grow burley tobacco and have a few acres of corn for the livestock. It's all a dream in the making. This is what we always wanted.

Thanks for listenng to me go on and on Have a great day!
Old 05-29-2002, 05:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Misty: Thanks for checking in with us! For your question about Klarabelle: We didn't know what was wrong with her for the past several weeks. She kept running from window to window, trying to sneak out of the house & was successful a few times & thank goodness, we caught her withing 10 min. I thought that all this time she was mad at me for locking her up in a room while we had our floors re-done. Now....we try to be really careful & wash our hands & take off any clothes that may have the other cat's scent on them so that she doesn't get jealous. I don't really think our cat realizes that we are paying attention to the other cats because you can't really see the wood pile too well from out the windows of our house. After we wash our hands when we come in the house, the first thing we do is praise her & give her a treat or a "little" more food in her dish. She seems to be adjusting ok. Well, my dd is going nuts trying to find something to eat right now & dinner is just around the corner, so I'd better go for now. C-U later!
Old 05-29-2002, 11:14 PM   #9  

Default Real Quick

I did 80 ounces of water today and had 2 -2 1/2 inch hamburg patties and also 2 very small red potatoes baked for dinner.. I will work on eating 3 times a day again soon but I had to account for myself so I did so here
Gnite
Take Care
Sheila
Old 05-30-2002, 06:54 AM   #10  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Congratulaions Shelia with the water! Hope you have another great day today!

Jackie did you by chance leave your insomnia here for me to pick up?

I've been up for hours and can't go back to sleep.

Misty
Old 05-30-2002, 08:56 AM   #11  

Default Good Morning All

Hi Everyone
Today I have all intentions of drinking my 80 ounces of water ( will try for 90 but at least I get my 80 in) Funny I must have been dehydrated cause well I drank 80 yesterday and well it didnt send me rushing every 10 seconds to lose some water if you get my meaning..
Lilbit I will have to try that chicken recipe of coiurse I dont drink beer that often either but if I did buy it I couldnt waste all that barley and hops by dumping half down the sink ( good fiber??) does it matter what kind of beer or just whatever is there.. Anyway guess I could try any kind as long as it came in a can..Your a tobacco farmer?? Now I cant quit smoking I would put you out of buisness..I would feel terrible ( can you tell I can think of lots of xcuses)I knew you lived on a farm but I didnt think it was an actually working farm..My state used to be a farm state but all that has now gone by..Guess families couldnt do it due to too much work.You deserve alot of praise..I knwo when I was young I wanted the farm life but when you marry a former California city boy , you know that would never happen.. He couldnt do it
Freckles I know you dont want your Kitty to know the others are around but she already knows .. The other kitties scent is floating in the air and she is picking up on it..As for you washing your hands it is a good thing just the same but no matter what you do the scent is on you and when you go in to change your clothes your kitty can smell them kitties mixed with your families scent ..But I bet she loves the idea that she gets the "special treatment" after you get done playing with them.
Sassy pieI took your advice and started a journal , although I am not writing it , it is a file on my computer..I will keep my weight and food intake and daily accomplishments on it my little thoughts and whatever.. Even my little accomplishments..I used to write one a while back but I then realized that if I ever misplaced it in the house someone might read it ..I slept great after getting alot off my chest.. It has everything in it.. Hope your muscles are all healed or at least the pain lightening up a bit ..I get back of the leg cramps when I try to rush thru my workouts.. Or if I double up on doing my walking tape..I want to try tae bo though I bet the really gets the agression out if your really had a bad day..Some days I could really use the throwing punches and kicking with a fury to let go of built up anger..
ECMOM Congrats on your bus license!! I have to admit that WOULDNT be a career choice for me.. I get agravaited too fast and I have a short fuse..There are days were I dont drive my little horizon I am sure you Dd understands glad she had a great prom

Spryng Glad to see your feeling a bit better.. I know stress can be alot to deal with I am on a personal mini goal for 5 pounds by my birthday (6-19) I KNOW I can do that at least .. My anniversary is on June 1st so I knwo I cant get 5 off by then
Gemini Hope all is ok with you

If I forgot anyone I am sorry I try to speak to everyone but my mind drew a bvlank.. If I forgot to mention anyone I hope you are doing great as well..And let me know who I forgot OK
Take Care
Sheila
Old 05-30-2002, 11:14 AM   #12  

Hi everyone, Where to begin. Spryng, honey I have been reading about your family troubles. it breaks my heart when I think of what drugs can do to a family. As a mom to grown children myself, I can understand your mom's frustration, but she should not cut people out of her life. My youngest daughter performed as a stripper for awhile. I always let her know my love has never changed, but i did not approve of her lifestyle. She recently changed vocation to a telephone operator. Never give up on the people you love, just pray and god does the rest. My mom turned her back on me before she passed away, and i can never make it right with her. I hope everyone else is doing well, including the person suffering depression. I am a glutten for punishment, but I decided to give the low carb diet one more chance, i have modified it so I use vege protein though, and started taking the supplements they suggested. We'll see what happens. My grand children are all sick this week, lucky me. The 18 month old spiked a temp of 102. Gave him some baby motrin, and a tepid bath. It seemed to help.My 4 year old and 2 year old just had a body collision, so I had to stop and give some TLC and a cookie each to help the owie go away. Grandparenting is sweet, you get to spoil the heck out of them, then give them back to their parents. School is just about out then my fun really starts. I have decided we are going to the ymca to use their pool alot this summer. Anyway otherwise I'm doing fine, my husband banned me from mentioning food finds to him, so I will have to talk to my new internet friends about it I guess. It sure does make it hard though. Talk to you guys later, Judy
Old 05-30-2002, 12:58 PM   #13  
Searching for Motivation

Good day to everyone!

Just had to stop by and say hola and tell you all that it is absolutely gorgeous outside today! Yippee - it's been such a nice week weather wise and it just totally rejuvinates me! I've decided to make up a daily routine for me and my kids while on summer vacation: I watch Oprah while they eat breakfast, then I workout while they do arts and crafts (kinda scary with no direct supervision huh?) then we have lunch. Afterwards, go outside and soak up some sun for couple hours, come in, have snack. Then, to calm everyone down we all take a break from each other to do individual things for a while and then have dinner, so on and so on. My hope is to be able to spend "quality" time together and have a fantastic summer vacation as this is probably the only or one of the very few summers I will ever not be working. I want to get full use out of it! So we'll see how it goes. As for housework and errands, both sets of grandparents live within 15-20 minutes of us so typically 2 days out of each week the little princesses are there - nice set-up huh! So that's it for me - hope all are as chipper as me today and if not, please cheer up - think of what makes you happy and smile !! See ya!
Old 05-30-2002, 02:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good afternoon ladies!
Boy has my computers been giving me heck lately! It's been kicking me off all morning and such. I think between me and a friend we got it figured out for now.
Anyway, Yes Jackie!! You pick a date and I am so there with you!! I officially started low-fat yesterday and did quite well. Even lost a lb! Of course I'm starting at 138. (I had gained a few back) but today I'm 137. I don't know why I ever went off this diet. I love low fat eating. I printed off some sheets of food and exercise diary from foodfit.com and have been keeping close track of what I have been eating. Yesterday I ended at about 1050 cals and 31 grams of fat (higher than I wanted but am ok with it, today though I want it to be 20 or below and 20 or higher fiber). I had an orange for breakfast, cabbage soup with fat free cottage cheese for lunch, and a variety of foods for dinner. Macn cheese (my low fat version) stuffing, and corn for me and the kids had chicken with their meal. It was actually very good even though I don't eat stuffing and macncheese together. Then before the kids went to bed they shared a few goldfish crackers with me that hit my snacking spot. So yesterday went great. Today is going better though. I had a big bowl of grapenuts for breakfast (that was 10 grams of fiber right there and only 2 grams of fat) and a big bowl of leftover cabbage soup for lunch (my homemade version) so so far so good. For dinner I'm having beans and cornbread. So it's all planned out. I have fat free yogurt in there for a late night snack if I need it. But I feel confident. I am up to a 5 lbs challenge. I forgot though when you said to do it by, was it June 20th or 30th?? Count me in and yes please be my coach!!
Well, Later I will give everyone a personal response but right now I'm not sure if this is even going to let me post so I'll post this and then see what I'll do next. We all know how irritating it is to make a long post only for our computers to mess up and lose it all. So here I go...
Old 05-30-2002, 05:04 PM   #15  
hangin' in there...

Hey girls...

Just dropping in for a quick note... got a chance to catch up on all the new posts. Very busy around here. Had to work last night, and this morning was parents' day at dd's school. It ended at 11am, so I dismissed her for the rest of the day, and we all went to the pond after lunch to muck around... came home with 3 tadpoles. I have to dash in about 60 seconds to pick her up from dance class, then we are doing take-out for dinner... fried clams! I know, not really diet food.... but I have had only a small bowl of fruit to eat all day, in preparation.

Gotta run... I promise to address you all individually soon. Sounds like everyone is feeling rather chipper, actually! Talk soon...
Closed Thread