Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-16-2009, 03:54 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Urthworm, Happy (belated) Birthday!

My healthy choice today was eating an amazing homemade chili.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #47  

Wow on your birthday that's impressive. I did my DVD today and didn't give up when the computer crashed!
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 221/173.5/165(for now)

Height: 5'8"

Today I did 50 crunches (jackknife, on wiifit), in addition to my regular workout. trust me, this is kinda major (for me!). yesterday, the whole family (dog included!) went on a 4-mile walk (brisk). The dog slept for three hours after that!
judipurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #49  

I went outside of my plan this morning when I had a big bowl of cereal rather than my normal oatmeal, cottage cheese, and fruit. So to compensate I prepared for not including extra dairy and starch for lunch and put in some extra protein.

My healthy choice for yesterday + today, I got a gym membership yesterday and will be going to a yoga class tonight!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #50  

My healthy choice was inputting everything into Fitday for over two weeks in a row...and not even leaving things out (I wish I could just leave things out of fitday and pretend like they were never eaten sometimes)
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #51  

Height: 5'6"

My healthy choice today is checking out the menu for the restuarant a friend wants to go to tonight and preplanning what I am going to have.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #52  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

I made a healthy choice today, and I'm so proud. The healthy choice I made today was.... I did NOT eat the carrot cake that was left for everyone to take a piece of in our store today. I went and looked at it several times and every time I said out loud "no, I'm not going to eat that!"
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #53  
Rubber Ducky

S/C/G: 341/307/135

yay! Keep up the great choices These are great.
glitterducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #54  

hehe, that's why I dug out the thread again!

My healthy choice today was that I had to deal with a nasty nasty client today but I didn't let it bug me afterwards! I instead kicked myself into the wonderful mood I was in when I got up this morning!

(Unlimited praises to the power of Yoga! I went for my first class yesterday and the feeling of well being is still with me!)
Old 04-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #55  
Rubber Ducky

S/C/G: 341/307/135

My husband hosted a Wrestlemania part today (I also hate WWE! And Wrestling, but he likes it)....And while everyone was scarfing greasy pizza.... I made myself a turkey burger patty (no bread or anything else just the patty) And carrots. YAY!
glitterducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 152/115-maintaining

Height: 5'4"

My healthy choice today was eating a Kashi frozen meal for the first time even though I'm super picky!... LOVED IT!
avamarie1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:22 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 184/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

My healthy choice is that I did the elliptical *and* my favorite Ana Caban Pilates dvd....I usually do one or the other but did both today and I couldn't feel better!
firefliesandpixies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:38 PM   #58  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

my healthy choice today was - an hour long work out- bumping up the work out by several levels on the bike, then eating a light lunch since I had a heavier breakfast.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #59  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i actually made another one today- instead of eating one full turkey tenderloin each- hubby and i shared one and kept one for tomorrow- and filled our plates up with salad and asparagus instead!
in the old days we totally would have had a hunk of meat each and maybe some potatoes to go with. yay for making a healthy choice.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:46 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

When my husband was sick one day last week, I made him a grilled cheese with fresh-baked bread.

Well, it looked so super and then all week I had cravings for a grilled cheese of my own!

We'd have grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches for dinner one night, I decided. I'd be conservative and carefully count out the cheese calories for it. So I planned it for an evening soon after I had already planned to make a loaf of rye bread (my favorite). I sliced delicious tomato. I put aside my carefully controlled amount of cheese. I was excited. A comfort-food sandwich for dinner, non-traditional, not particularly nutrient-rich, but fits right into that day's calories. This is what I do with cravings.

That night, this past Monday, my husband got the dinner sandwiches started while I was outside. Came in and the sandwiches were on the stove. He had used my set-aside cheese for me; however both sandwiches were on huge, thick slices of the bread. I routinely slice pieces of bread much thinner -- like almost half the thickness -- for myself and base the calories on that.

I quickly shucked about 8 brussel sprouts and threw them into the steamer. Had half my sandwich with the brussel sprouts on the side. I didn't feel bad about it, and I told my husband not to feel bad about it either. It's not a waste. And he is just used to cutting thick slices.

I did really enjoy my half of grilled cheese sandwich. I added some more tomato to make up for the lopsided bread-cheese ratio.

This is a small thing, but a very symbolic victory for me. I am very controlling in a way, I haven't been eating out socially much since starting, I do 90% of the cooking at home ... but I'm proud that I was able to adapt and improvise without any panic.
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote