Is my wii fit scale wrong?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Ok, for the past two weeks I've been really committed to my diet. I work out almost every day, i drink a lot of water and when i do drink pop its diet. I eat well probably over the calorie intake I should be eating but nothing that great.

so why does my wii fit scale say Im not losing any weight? i know I need to buy a real scale I just haven't gotten around to it, It says i've either gained weight or haven't lost any.

I don't do it every day if Im lucky twice a week. but Im wondering could something be wrong with it?

also, I don't usually do it around the same times either. don't know if that helps or not.....
  • my wii scale is a little different than the scale at weight watchers, the wii says I weigh less than the scale at weight watchers, but both scales have been going down at the same rate. So I'd have to say that your wii scale should be going down if you're losing, so you may not be losing anything... sorry
  • Weigh yourself first thing in the morning everyday after bathroom and before eating. That is your most accurate weight. Weigh only at that time. Your weight fluctuates during the depending on what you eat and drink.
  • My Wii scale has like a 30 lb difference (lower) from my bathroom scale, and the WW scale. My Wii fit scale says that I have been gaining weight at a pretty nasty weight over the last few weeks, while the WW scale says I have been losing! So i don't trust my Wii scale however, it could be that the wii fit is not on a flat surface or something like that but your best option is probably to just go out and get a scale! Good luck!
  • It really depends on if your Wii is on carpet, if it has the leg extenders on, etc. I finally gave up on my Wii for weighing this morning when I've been OP every day for a week, I've worked out 5 of the last 7 days including an hour of step aerobics last night ... and it told me I gained .7 of a pound since last Thursday.

We're buying a scale to put on a flat surface this weekend.
  • My Wii Fit scale measures 3 lbs heavier than my other 2 scales. I don't know which one is right but I go with the other 2 ha ha.

Don't forget to weigh yourself at the same time everyday and have patience. My Wii scale took a while to get going but now it's on a roll.
  • i used hand weights to determine my wii fit scale, it is accurate. There is about 2lb-2.5lb difference in my bathroom scale. I weigh every morning, completely naked, after going potty and before I eat or drink anything.
  • I have a super-accurate digital scale, and I find the Wii Fit one is dead on with my bathroom one.
  • I've avoided weighing on the Wii Fit because I don't want to see a higher number than my regular scale. It appears that chances are I'll see a lower number? Cool! I might have to try it today.
  • I hate my Wii Fit scale - it always says I am heavier than my bathroom scale and sometimes it says I have gained weight when I have lost according to the other one. Plus, I hate that mean little balance board when it says I have gained. And when it asks me to think of a reason why I have gained, I want to throw it out the window. Haha. Maybe I have anger issues.
  • I agree. It's totally rude. But, mine's pretty accurate.
  • Wait, it's rude to you? You mean something that you own, and that you paid good money for, is RUDE to you?? That ain't right.
  • Quote:
    I eat well probably over the calorie intake I should be eating but nothing that great.
    I would think that this (eating more than the calories you should be eating, which is I think what you were saying) is more likely to be the problem than the scale. Weight loss is calories in vs. calories out...if you take in more calories than you burn, you won't lose weight. I may have misread, though...
  • lol, rude wii fit scale.

I remeber a while back someone posted a 'Letter From the Scale" thing, I now realize it was written by the Wii Fit scale...lol I really find most of what it says to be pretty funny
  • No, I haven't been counting my calories well. I've heard many different things about the wii fit scale, so i decided I would ask and see. . .

and yeah, that little balance board can be mean. lol. I love it when my little mii blows up b/c it says im obese. I laugh.