3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Eating so little and not loosing wt (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/166070-eating-so-little-not-loosing-wt.html)

grabec 03-04-2009 08:27 PM

Eating so little and not loosing wt

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar08/...8/135/174/.png

Any suggestions would be so appreciated. I am not eating enough to keep a bird alive on a VERY CONSISTANT basis every single day and am not loosing any weight. What in the world could be going on? So-o-o-o-o-o frustrated. Talk to me you guys.

rachinma 03-04-2009 08:32 PM

Eat more to lose weight.
Protein and veggies. Few starches.

daydreamer 03-04-2009 08:34 PM

If you're not eating enough calories, your body will save what little you do eat, and you won't lose any weight.

RN BSN 2009 03-04-2009 08:34 PM

Give us an example of what you would eat in a typical day.

grabec 03-04-2009 08:47 PM

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar08/...8/135/174/.png

Thanks guys. 44oz instant coffee with cream, Splenda, Stevia that's breakfast. Salad with buttermilk dressing is lunch. Salad with buttermilk dressing is dinner. Please advise. Thanks. grabec

mandalinn82 03-04-2009 08:50 PM

Your body is holding onto weight because you aren't feeding it enough calories. You're in classic "starvation mode".

Most people need to eat at least 1200 calories a day, unless under a physician's supervision...and the VAST majority of people need more than that to lose. You are eating, depending on quantities, very few calories - hence, no weight loss.

Your body is trying to save it's life by not burning anything, because you're not feeding it.

willow650 03-04-2009 08:50 PM

You are starving yourself. EAT , you have to eat. more veggies, some protein, some whole grains.

daydreamer 03-04-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandalinn82 (Post 2640520)
Your body is holding onto weight because you aren't feeding it enough calories. You're in classic "starvation mode".

Most people need to eat at least 1200 calories a day, unless under a physician's supervision...and the VAST majority of people need more than that to lose. You are eating, depending on quantities, very few calories - hence, no weight loss.

Your body is trying to save it's life by not burning anything, because you're not feeding it.

What she said.

photoRuth 03-04-2009 10:30 PM

I got stuck and the natural instinct is to cut back which I did and was still stuck so I heard on some nutrition show on the radio that we should eat 30 grams of protien for breakfast to jumpstart our metabolism. So I put the scale away and started eating eggs w/ cheese & turkey bacon for breakfast then also making sure I was getting 30 grams of protein at lunch & dinner too- not easy for someone who is not a meat fan- but I am happy to say that it worked. I am back on track and have been consistantly losing 2.5 lbs/ week (and I still eat bread, pasta, etc)

alextiggs 03-05-2009 06:19 AM

Maybe you're not doing exercises properly or not completing it properly, atleast 30 minutes on tredmill is compulsory + do AB's , 5 sets of 50 per day :) then things would turn your way

vikkivma 03-05-2009 09:36 AM

Your body is in starvation mode. If you are eating under 1000 calories (which I assume you are from your description), your body is going to cling onto any food it gets and store it because it thinks there's a problem.

Try cutting down your calories to around 1500 and working out for half an hour. Weight loss doesn't need to be painful.

Shannon in ATL 03-05-2009 10:31 AM

I agree, not eating enough. Your body thinks there is a famine or something going on so it is holding every calorie you give it in case you don't give it anymore for a while!

the slim me 03-05-2009 10:34 AM

I can't offer any more advice. Others have already done that. We have such smart people here!'

I just want to offer some more encouragement. You are trying hard and just need to change things around a bit. if you've been eating that few calories, the added food will make a big difference for you.

You might want to try making out a menu for a week or so. make the food you do choose healthy.

Good luck, you can do this!

LittleMoonRabbit 03-05-2009 10:59 AM

I know it's hard to break that way of thinking... the less I eat, the more I lose. But the truth is, that's just not the case. Think of your metabolism as a furnace... the more fuel you put in there, the hotter it will burn... too a point anyway. Stick too much fuel in there and you will smother out the fire. It's a delicate dance. You also need lots of protein to build muscle and keep your hunger away. Also, whole grains (in moderation), provides healthy fiber. Add in a sprinkle of more healthy fats, and you are good to go. Never eat below 1200 calories, or you will thwart your own efforts.

QuilterInVA 03-05-2009 11:00 AM

That diet is insane. If you don't feed your body, you will destroy your metabolism. Take the good advice and eat a well balanced diet every day...and cut the cream in the coffee. Protein with every meal and snack will make a difference.