Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-05-2009, 12:36 PM   #1  
I can do it !!!!

Height: 5'6"

Red face Any newbies looking for a weight loss buddy?

I need to be accountable and my old group "That 70s show" is no where to be found. Perhaps they all lost their 70 pounds and don't post anymore.

I'm pretty sure I finally had my "aha" moment and I am fairly sure that this is my time to truly be real.

I have a lot of weight to lose - 70 pounds......and I would like to talk to someone from 3FC and keep in touch as much as possible for encouragement and support.

If anyone is interested, please sign up here, or PM me. Not that age should matter, but I am 43, stay at home mom, married with two kids, ages 4 and 6.

Former skinny person "dying 2Bthin again". Have been over-weight the last 6 years and I'm sick of feeling like a slug.

Ready to start your journey with me? So we can ring in the new year in our skinny jeans????
2Bthinagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #2  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

I had seventy pounds to lose when I started, as of today i'm down 15lbs!
But I'm still new at this, believe me, only two months in and I can use all the accountability and support I can get.
This is a great forum, we're happy to have you back, and I'd be glad to have you as a weight loss buddy. If we work together its so much easier than going it alone.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #3  
Aiming to be a better me

S/C/G: 310/310/130

Height: 5'6.5

I am dieing to lose at least 70 lbs, maybe more. I can be your buddy, if you life. We can motivate each other.
shatteredfallendove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #4  
NEVER been a skinny girl

S/C/G: 218/191/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey....I need to lose 60 to 70 lbs. I've NEVER been the skinny girl but you know what they say...there's a first time for everything. I just turned 27 and I, too am a say-at-home mom with a nine-year-old. I defintely need someone to be accountable to because I have yet to admit to anyone that I'm unhappy about my weight. If you say it with enough attitude, it's amazing how many people will believe that you are totally happy with being 20 and over 200 pounds! And I totally set myself up for failure...I married a man who thinks I'm absolutely beautiful no matter what size I am. Great for my self-esteem....TERRIBLE for my waist line. Anyway, I need someone to keep me from bluffing my way out of changing my life this time. My family deserves it. I'll help you if you'll help me.
gaarmywife2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:05 PM   #5  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

gaarmywife--I'm from GA too! I'm not sure where pembroke is, but I'm in Dalton, a couple of hours north of atlanta.
I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to admit to anyone that you're unhappy with your weight. I've been struggling with that my whole life. I've also never been the skinny girl, and I too am in a relationship with a guy who has loved me more than life at both my highest and my lowest weight. It's easy to slip into a comfortable lull when you're with someone like that, so I guess the best thing is to remember that you're doing this for you, not him!

Suggestion--maybe instead of a one-on-one buddy system, we start a thread where we all inspire and motivate each other? I've seen several of these in the forums around here and they seem to work wonders for the people involved in them.

Last edited by munchievictim; 03-05-2009 at 02:07 PM.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #6  
I can do it !!!!

Yippee! I have weight loss buddies now! Woo Hoooo! This is truly truly the year for me. For a million reasons. Should I go over to the support groups and start a thread for us??
I look forward to sharing my ups and downs with you, both mentally and physically!!!
We can do this together, can't we?!?! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yippeeee!!!!
I will try to start a thread over on the weight loss groups page --

Here it is: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...46#post2641646

Thanks

Last edited by 2Bthinagain; 03-05-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #7  

I am so into this buddy thing and want to participate with this group but have no idea how to get back to this particular thread so I can participate. Let me know somone. I need the support. Thanks.
grabec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #8  
I can do it !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabec View Post

I am so into this buddy thing and want to participate with this group but have no idea how to get back to this particular thread so I can participate. Let me know somone. I need the support. Thanks.
Look for us over in the SUPPORT GROUP threads.
I started one for this week called "70 pounds Bye Bye" or something like that!

So glad you can join us!
This is painfully hard for me, I really really need someone to hold my hand. It's hard, very hard. I feel it's impossible, that's why I want to do it with buddies.
Thanks for joining!!!!!