Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-01-2009, 01:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/See Ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Renewing My Commitment For March!

It's the beginning of a brand new month and I am officially renewing my commitment to my new healthy habits and healthy lifestyle. I've been struggling for the past week. I haven't done horribly, but I could have done a lot better.

I've slacked off on my exercise for four days straight. I have eaten out four times when I could have easily chosen to cook a healthier meal at home at least two of those times. Let's just say that I feel bad enough that I just couldn't bring myself to get on the scale this morning.

I have made so much progress and I refuse to go backward and slide into my old habits. I have to keep my goals in the forefront of my mind at all times! It's easy to forget if I don't make it a conscious decision to remember where I came from and remember where I am going!

I don't need to be perfect, but I need to be vigilant and remember why I am doing this! Is there anyone else who is feeling this way right now - like you need to wake yourself up and REMEMBER?
Sunrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:00 AM   #2  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

Believe me, I totally get it. I have had a very strange month actually. While I did fairly good with exercise my eating has been less than optimal. I've pretty much maintained this whole month with slight flucuations but I definitely need to reboot my brain and pull it back together. I've also decided to get back to working out tomorrow and going back to eating the calories that I should and planning out my meals. I think I've always remember why I was still doing this but I think I had problems with subconscious sabotage, and emotional triggers- I'm an emotional overeater when there are things going on that I can't control and I get upset about and I tend to eat because that's the only mechanism I have to deal with it. It's my last emotional food issue to conquer really. Also at some points I was just not caring what the **** I was putting in my mouth. I do know however just how that was making me feel physically and emotionally and those affects just weren't worth it so now I'm going to make a point to really focus on what makes me feel good and what I can do to promote those good feelings. It's hard but it can be done and we're here for you if you need some support!
gymlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

OH YES! THis is the way to do it! We will continually have periods where we don't/can't stay on plan for a bit, and getting back to it, without dragging a load of guilt is the way to go. You are renewing, not starting all over, so good for you. YOu will do great.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymlee View Post
Believe me, I totally get it. I have had a very strange month actually. While I did fairly good with exercise my eating has been less than optimal. I've pretty much maintained this whole month with slight flucuations but I definitely need to reboot my brain and pull it back together.
I had the same kind of month!! So I am with you!! March is going to be our month!!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #5  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

Well so far it's not really being my month. I'm doing great exercise wise again but I can't seem to keep my calories around 1600. I keep going over by eating too much. I don't know if it's because I'm working out and my body wants more food but I know there are plenty of other people out there that are working out and can keep to the same calorie level or less. I don't know why I can't do it. I seem to be having a lot of crap going on in my head.
gymlee is offline   Reply With Quote