3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   you were right! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/165602-you-were-right.html)

fatmad 02-27-2009 06:41 PM

you were right!

I had a plateau for about 3 weeks, and was thinking about making changes.
So one thing I did was consciously snack. Made sure I had a healthy snack planned, and made sure I didn't get too hungry.
well it worked. I was able to stay on plan better, and lost weight.
Yes, eating to lose weight.
Yes newbies, what the wise women here tell you to do will really work.
Keep your ears and mind open, the wisdom works its way in.
thanks ladies. :D

flatiron 02-27-2009 06:59 PM

Does everyone who diets eventually hit a plateau?

I have not hit one yet and hope I don't but thanks to all the great info here IF I get one I will know what to do thanks to this place!

JayEll 02-27-2009 08:16 PM

Hey fatmad! Good job! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Funny thing about that, eh?

No, flatiron, not everyone hits a plateau--sometimes people stall out for a couple of weeks, but that's not a plateau. However, it's not uncommon for people to pass through plateaus. Worry about it when you get there! Just keep on goin'! :yes:

Jay

blackbutterfly 02-28-2009 01:21 PM

same here! i ate more and poof plateau gone!
It's amazing!

jahjah1223 02-28-2009 04:40 PM

Congrats fatmad!! when i was stuck i actually had a CHEESEBURGER and that confused my body and it started losing again haha

rockinrobin 02-28-2009 08:08 PM

:carrot:Wow. So happy for you!!! Way to go!! :carrot:

I am taking this to be the key though -

Quote:

I was able to stay on plan better, and lost weight.
The fact that you were able to stay on plan. That having the added snack did not leave you overly hungry. And not being overly hungry over spend your calories.

I find this to be a big key for me as well. I eat frequently, so as to AVOID hunger. Avoiding hunger helps me to avoid mindless snacking and overeating.

flatiron, I don't believe everyone hits a plateau. Not a natural one anyway. Lots and lots of plateaus are self-induced ones. That's why journaling is so important. You can take a good look at your eating and see what needs to be adjusted.

delafax 02-28-2009 08:20 PM

I am losing weight by eating every 3 hours. I am never hungry and this prevents me from binge eating like I used to do in the evening. I started on Jan 1st, 2009 with eating every 3 hours and as of today I have lost 25 pounds. I feel like I eat a lot everyday and therefore I feel like I am eating to lose weight. It's a great feeling. I have tried many types of popular "diets" and I felt deprived. This is an eating life style and I LOVE it.