Christian Encouragers#147

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Good morning!!
    Just a quick post. Root canal tomorrow.............and I can't wait till it is over. I am thankful for the pain though, reminds me of my need for the Lord.

Dd won her softball game (10 - 0) so it is off to the State championship on Saturday. I am happy for her.
    Gotta go. Have a great day.
    Ginny
  • Welcome Michele! I know you will find the support you need here. We're here for you! I know what you're saying about gluttony and sinning. I struggled through that myself a while back. Just remember that God loves you no matter what you're doing. Don't let guilt run your life. Work at your relationship with God and you will find the desire to pig out happening less and less. Drink lots of water and exercise each day. These will help you not only with eating but with stress.

Have a super day!
  • MID-WEEK HELLO
    Hi Ladies-- Our server was down yesterday so no posting here-- where is everybody? GINNY- Yes it is an ASA league my step-d is in-- guess you know the routine! It's not that I don't enjoy it-- and I am proud of her-- it's just that it consumes sooooo much of the summer-- by the time the all-stars are over with so is summer! Especially if they go the DISTANCE!! Congrats on the acomplishments of your daughter and her team!! and good luck at your state. Ours isn't for another few weeks, we are just beginning!! Sorry about your root canal-- me too-- next week. I am not in any pain though-- not yet anyway
    WILMA- I too am a carbaholic-- was anyway-- with the 'ol potato chip. How is the MOLE this time-- I haven't had a chance to see it but I really enjoyed the first one. MICHELE- Welcome- Welcome-Welcome, as Montel would say. The bible study you are doing sounds great-- I have also grown quite a bit in my walk by doing them with others-- I really enjoy the interaction with the other people in the group-- things others think of to ask when we don't. Well HI to all of you busy ones-- I gotta go clean out my truck I am making a trip up to my DD college and bringing stuff home-- Only 1 more week for her-- my son's college is already out. In His Love--Gary
  • Hello my friends ~ Just stopping in for a minute to say hi and to see how everyone is doing. It's been a very busy week for me and now, tomorrow morning, my hunny is going to be leaving for a business trip. Only until Friday afternoon but still, away.

I've been doing really well now, finally back on track. I always feel so good when I get through a few days, ya know. I found this site where you can make your own body type and see what you look like and then, do it again as you lose.....seeing the difference. It was pretty neat. The site is www.virtualmodel.com . It was fun.

Michele ~ welcome to a great group. I hope you find it warm, friendly and comfortable here.

Gary ~ The MOLE is pretty good. I love shows like that. I love Survivor and have you ever seen Fear Factor?? GROSS!! Anyway, this season of The MOLE is from last year. They only aired a few shows and it didn't seem to go over so they pulled it until now (knowing that they would show it at a later date). I think it's pretty good.

Hi Wilma, Ginny, Patricia, Sami and Sue ~ Hope I didn't miss anyone. Have a wonderfully blessed evening.

Patti and Zoe
  • Request for prayer
    Hi,

Thank you all for the warm welcome, I do think i'll like it here!

If it is OK, i'd like to ask for personal prayer. I go for an ultrasound test tomorrow a.m. at 7:15 at the hospital. When I went to the Dr. this tuesday I mentioned I was having female troubles and some pain, she felt a real tender spot and had them fit me in for this test. I'm fairly sure that something is wrong, maybe a cyst i'm thinking. And i'm just a little anxious. I'll be happy to know what's wrong and then deal with it.
  • Michele: I'm praying for you!!
  • Blessings this morning,
    Sorry I have been away this week is packed full of must do now stuff. This will have to be a quick post because I am meeting others to work on the school yearbook that we have had two days to get done! I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!! I start on the 17th. I am so happy. I want to ask for a prayer for a dear friend of mine Marjie every week she goes to her dads house to check on him and bring him a meal and this past Sunday she found him dead. Keep her in your prayers for comfort through this hard time. Michele a Big welcome and my prayers are with you durning your test.

I will post later I am off work fri so maybe I can rest and get caught up!

Sami
  • Hey Michelle!

I, for one, do think that overeating can be a sin, because, for me... I have made it into an idol of sorts! I give food WAY too much attention, and have made it a much much much too high a priority in my life. Besides that... the verse that says "to him that knows what to do, an does not do it, to him it is sin" tells me that if God has told me when enough is enough, and I don't obey, then for me, it is a sin! Like I tell my kids... just knowing something w/o doing anything with it is useless! I think I heard it phrased "information without application is useless".

Welcome Michelle... glad you came!

Patricia
  • Dr's appt.
    Hello,

Thank you all for the prayers and kind words. You are very welcoming.

I'm just getting back from the Dr. and I do have 2 small cysts on the right side but she doesn't think it's anything to worry about, they will probably go away on their own. If anything changes for me, i'll have to go back in. So I feel great knowing and not having to worry.

I will pray for your friend Margie, (sorry, can't remember who posted and if i go back I may lose the post) what a terrible thing to find. I hope she will find God's comfort during this time.

I'm going to concentrate on my eating today and just be thankful for all the God has given me. I'm also going to pray before eating anything, perhaps that will make me focus on what i'm doing.

Have a wonderful day! I've got beets to plant today!
  • Hello my friends

Well, tonight I'm single....yes, single.....Greg is out of town on business and I'm here to do nothing. I was thinking about going to the mall and returning something that I decided I didn't want, getting some more 'sunless' tanning lotion and rent a movie. <sigh> I could have asked my friend Thyra to go out for dinner but I was afraid to eat out with her......she's SO thin and can eat anything....I just wanted to get through this first week without any temptations. Today is day #4!! Woo Hoo!! And even BETTER news, I've not been on the scale.....

Sami ~ :sheep: :sheep: I'm skipping rope and doing a long and joyful "Happy Dance" for you!! Praise God for that job!!
    My prayers for your friend Margie. How awful for her.....

Michele ~ Hello again and praise God for the relief you have just knowing that it isn't anything too serious. How did your planting go?

Hi to everyone else.....gotta run. I decided (while typing this) that the mall is out but I'll go get a movie.

Nighty night

Zoe <><
  • Hi!
    Welcome Michele!!!! (did I miss you earlier?) I will pray for your cysts-for complete healing.
    Patti- WTG on day 4!
    Sami- good for you that you got the job! An answer to prayer.
    Patricia- how are you my friend? Family healthy, I hope?
    Gary- ah, that is what I forgot, ASA. Dd's team last year almost did the Pony nationals one week (in NC) and then on to Kansas for the ASA nationals. Nuts eh? (they did not go to Kansas) I hear ya about the time- it is hard to comprehend how intense (and nuts!) one of those softball weekends can be. Bless you for what you do.

I survived the root canal- and am a bit sore tonite. One more advil and I should be able to avoid the major pain killer that the dentist gave me. Kind of a rough day- and things will continue to be that way until after Saturday- Dd and Dh take this softball thing so seriously!!
    Gotta go. Have a great night.
    Ginny
  • Hello and Good Evening y'all ~

Ok, another day under my belt, day #5 today and still not hopping on the scale. Oh Lord, thank you and I can't wait until Monday morning to see how I've done. Greg is home from his business trip and got home before me today. He said that he got on the scale. Ugh! How could he!! So this afternoon, around 4pm, he had lost 12.5 pounds!! Now, remember, first week, male and bigger than me......oh how I will be so thankful for half that.

Ginny ~ Glad your root canal went well and that you're feeling good. I'm sure tomorrow will be even better.

Hi to everyone else. Have a great Friday night.....

Patti and Zoe