Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 12:44 PM   #16  
hangin' in there...

Hi gang...

Glad to see (almost) everyone checking in... I realized that there were still posts being made on the old thread, so I headed over and was able to catch up with Judy. Hope she finds her way over here... sounds like she's doing ok

Has anyone heard from Ginny recently. Hope that everything's ok with her.

Sheila, I am very happy that you found the strength to call a friend and make a "promise"... Thankfully, I no longer suffer from depression, but I remember all of it, and how deep it runs. At my worst moment, I stood out in the middle of the street, with my arms open wide, just wishing for a car to run me over. Obviously, it wasn't meant to be, thanks in part, to my dh who came out and carried me back into the house. Gosh, that was a long time ago, and I have come a long way since then, but it was some journey. I hope for you Sheila, that your journey will lead you to a better place, too. Hang in there, sweetie.

Jackie, sounds like you have a good plan to deal with your "friend". I admire you for having the courage to discuss the issue with her. Confrontation is not easy. I hope your friend is able to hear what you have to say and understand. Also, I'm so sorry you are still not sleeping. Forgive my terrible memory... are you on a new antidepressant? This could be the root of your problem. Perhaps you need something to help you sleep? Could you take a warm bath, or sip some herbal tea, maybe? It really is the pits when you need to sleep and you just can't. I hope you have a restful weekend.

Spryng, sounds like you also have a good plan to deal with db's g/f. I hope you have a fabulous BBQ this weekend, and that the weather is good for you.

Well girls, I just gotta tell you... I had the best lunch today! It is very warm here, and I missed breakfast due to ds's graduation (which was wonderful, except the magician was a NO-SHOW!), so, I wanted something light, but filling. I started searching to see what I could throw together... I ended up mixing some peaches and mandarin oranges with banana slices and a spoonful of chopped walnuts... DELICIOUS! I also had a brown rice cake topped with all-fruit marmalade. I don't know if it was all so good because I was so hungry, but I'll definitely be doing that again!

Anyway, I want to wish you all a happy and safe holiday weekend. I am working the whole of it... 32 hours over the next 3 days, so I won't be checking in til Tuesday... have a great one, everybody!!! talk soon...
Old 05-24-2002, 06:04 PM   #17  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Jen that lunch sounds great. Thanks for the ideal. Hope you have a safe weekend at work.

Jackie it sounds like you have the friend situation under control, let us know how it pans out ok. CONGRATULATIONS on the loss! I do hope you get some rest. Want me to send some of my sheep your way?

Spryng what is scarsdale diet? Never heard of it. Geesh and what in the world made you so ill last night?

I'm off to hike. Hope you all hve a great weekend! Happy holiday!
Old 05-24-2002, 09:10 PM   #18  

Hi all, !! I am doing good, OP, I was feeling pretty miserable this am with TOM, and also ate some salty chinese food last night, not good for that, I had a massage from a LMT< and it was soo good!! It really helped me out, I feel refreshed and ready to tear up some tae bo, lol I did alot of weight this week so i really dont expect a loss, well imma post that tomorrow, hope all is OP!! Got alot to catch up on!! but so little time, my DS is great thanks to Motrin, (ty SPryng) to everyone else who gave me advice thanks as well!! Well TTFN.. HASTA MaNana!!!
Old 05-24-2002, 11:12 PM   #19  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Yes, I am still alive and kicking here in New York! Just been up to my eyeballs busy (guess that is the standard for life these days).
Last nite Ds stayed at school to be the head waiter at a dinner theater that they put on (run by the students). So, I had to go pick him up at 9 pm- and stay and help clean up afterward. I LOVE this school that he is in- he has really been blessed by it and considering that he was a new student this fall, it seems as though he has always been there. Then when I got home, I expected that Dh had picked up Dd from her softball game (in another county- so it was quite a drive). Well, Dh was still home and informed me that Dd was coming home with two fellow players (one drives) and that the two were sleeping over. Thankfully I had been to the store earlier and was well stocked with food. Teenagers can eat...........
This evening Dd is at the prom - and I have to go pick her up in an hour. She looked wonderful, she is a very pretty young lady and the dress (remember all the headaches from shopping for that!) was perfect. One nite she is a grungy softball player......the next nite a lady (well sort of!)
I feel like a crumb- as I am so out of date with the posts........that's what you get for not checking in each day! TO add something to the antidepressant discussion (this might be helpful for Jackie and Sheila) my sister is on a wild combination of antidepressants- Zoloft and Welbutrin are among them. And I know that the side efffect of one of them is trouble sleeping. She takes a sleeping pill to counteract that. Sheila, I give you a ton of credit for chatting with us about your health like that- and I will pray for you that the right medication can be found to help you.
The good part is that there is so much they can treat- bipolar is among the treatables- and many go on to live happy productive lives with the right medication. Work with your doctor- or get a doctor who will work with you! (guess that advice goes out to all of you!)
Jen- happy birthday, girl! Spryng- hats off to you for doing the right thing with Db. It is not always the easiest thing to do the right thing........usually a lot harder than the alternative. You are one gutsy lady.
Misti- can I donate a few pounds to you?????? Glad that you are getting your excercise.
Jackie- about your Dd's friends mother. I have a neighbor who does that to me. I could live like her if my kids did not go to Christian schools, and if we did not give to church as we do. (I'm gonna do a wee little bit of preaching here, forgive me!). Remember do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth- where moths and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But it sounds as though you and Gary have that straightened out already! Debt really makes you a slave to another master ( I will save that for another sermonette). It sounds as though you have this lady figured out- and it is too bad that she is this way.
It is a great opportunity for you and Dd to gently show her that you do not need to be a slave to your possessions. For her Dd, that sounds like a much needed lesson.
Latisia- I hear ya with the salty chinese food. I am still feeling the effects of the stuff I ate!

Opps...........gotta fire up the van and get Dd.
Forgive me (those who I did not chat with). Have a great weekend!!!!!
Ginny
Old 05-25-2002, 08:44 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

Memorial Day Greetings To You All!

I guess I'm going to make this a simple post. I lost my long...one that I was working on a few minutes ago. I feel a little more refreshed today. I was able to get a 2 hr. nap in yesterday & it kept me "charged up" 'til 10:00 p.m. I then slept 'til 5:45 this a.m. Thanks for everyone's response in regards to my "friend". My DH agrees that this is getting to be a real problem & need to do something about it. He said that she has a real problem, as he definitely can see it too when she's around. Well gals, I did pretty good staying OP yesterday until dinner & I then gave in & had a few FF with my fish. I'm sure glad that I got my hr. in on the bike yesterday! Ginny: Fill us in on how the Prom was for your dd. I hope you took a lot of pictures, or at least her & the friends did! Did you get a chance to see your ds's play? I just love to go to plays!
I hope you have a great & OP weekend & that you're able to get your walks in! Latisia: Chinese food is one of my favorites! (Turtle Sundaes come in first.)
Your massage sounds great & should help out TOM by ridding you of excess water retention from the delicous meal! Good job on your exercise program too! Glad to hear ds is doing great too! What does HASTA MaNana mean anyways? Misty:Did you mean you wanted to send some sleep my way, or do you really want to send me some of your sheep? :sheep: I guess counting sheep once in awhile could help my insomnia! Hope you had fun hiking! Jen: Don't work too hard this weekend. I'm sure the ER will be kept real busy & the time will fly by quickly! Don't forget to bring some of the yummy fruit along to work to enjoy! Maybe throw in a small PB&J sand. for energy too!
Well gals, sorry-I have to close for now. DH just woke up & is not too happy that I'm on the 'puter & wants his breakfast! Have a safe & fun holiday weekend everyone!

Last edited by Freckles; 05-25-2002 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-25-2002, 02:33 PM   #21  
Searching for Motivation

Default I'm still here - just temp MIA

Greetings to all!

I'm so sorry I haven't posted for a while - my dh has been on vacation and we have been soooooooo busy! This has been a great week for us as a family but a terrible week for me food/excersize wise. And I do mean TERRIBLE! We have eaten out for almost every meal and not one of them has been a salad. I fought with myself many times but always gave in justifying to myself that we don't go out to eat very often so I should eat what I want instead of what is good for me. I know, I know, BAD Sassy! I should have been stronger - and as for excersize? What's that? Haven't done it all week - been too busy, gone, tired, blah blah blah. I know they're just excuses and there's no excuse for them - I know. Can you tell I feel guilty?

Well, since it's been almost a week since I last checked in, I have been trying to get through a million or so posts! (My goodness, you ladies write a lot and often!) I haven't made it all the way through - my eyes started to get bleary and my memory started to fade. I'll try and catch up on everyone later but I did want to say welcome to Judy! You are amazing! I would love to have you as my Grandma - your children/grandchildren are so blessed!

Well, gotta go get ready to leave again - vacation's not over yet - going to see the movie "Spirit" today with the girls. I'll let yall know how it was later. Keep positive and have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Old 05-25-2002, 03:17 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

here is attemp two to get a post in here. My modem is messed up (we bought a new one just haven't installed it yet) so I am getting slow connections and such.
1st, I wanted to let Jackie know that hasta manana means "see you in the morning" in spanish. I took spanish class for three years yet still can't speak it well. I think I am going to try one of those Learn Spanish cd roms. I want to teach my children another language also. We don't have spanish people around here really but they are beginning to move in. So it may be handy in the years to come.
ok, my eating wasn't too great yesterday. It was until after dinner in which I became depressed about my DB and proceeded to eat a HUGE bowl of ice cream. The scale didn't move this morning to my amazement. But today I'm doing lots better. Nonfat yogurt for breakfast and a nice tomatoe and avacado sandwich for lunch made on light no-fat wheat bread from braums that is to die for. Even my husband prefers it to his own loaf. Tomorrow it is date night for hubby and me. I'm so excited. We are dropping the kids off with my sister and dad and then going out to lunch and some bowling and pool. That use to be one of our favorite past times when we first were married. It's so hard to have time alone with my husband anymore. What do you girls do to keep the "fire" alive in the marriage??
Well, I'm hitting the send button now and hopefully this gets to the thread. We'll see...
Old 05-25-2002, 08:31 PM   #23  

hello everyone!! I am doing good despite my weigh in, just made me sit back and say, ok, it's gonna be much better next week then!!! I gained .5 pounds, but I really believe that it is muscle or fluid perhaps, well anyways, its all good, yep, Jackie, Spryng got it for ya on Hasta Manana, I took 4 years of Spanish, and I dont use it as much, but remember some things, lol gonna use a different phrase today. Well I love chinese food, too, but it was loaded! Enjoyed it nontheless!! Well got my tae bo in this am, and gonna do it again tomorrow, Wish I did have a DH, who would try to keep the sparkle,!! Your date day sounds great Spyrng!! Well I hope everyone is doing well and OP this weekend, Imma show some real results next week!! Take care everyone, and Hasta Luego!!( see ya later)
Old 05-25-2002, 11:41 PM   #24  

Default correction

Oh my I had posted a website before and i think i left out a word, but still the other is good too, well here is the one i meant to write, www.fatfreefoods.com, it is excellent.
Old 05-26-2002, 07:54 PM   #25  
SAHM Cheerbabe

Hi everyone!!!

Ginny! I'm so glad you found time to stop by. Let us know about that prom. I hope she had a wonderful time and took lots of pictures. Do you think things will slow down once school is out? I hope so. Your family is so blessed to have you! So are we!!!

Jackie you can have some sheep if you like but yeah I meant counting sheep to sleep. Did you decide on just what you were going to tell the "friend"? Glad you finally got some rest.

T-girl don't sweat the gain. I'd bet it is muscle and water. TOM does that. Keep up the great work girl.

SassyPie I hope you got your eating under control. We do post alot! I really try to everyday. Sometimes 2x a day. There was a time when Spryng and I held conversations here .

Spryng, How was the date? My husband and I pack a couple sandwiches saddle a horse and ride off. This was part of the reason we got the daycare. It is sooo hard to keep the flame burning. We stay so busy all the time. So are you back on the low cal?

As for me.... I'm hanging in here. Yesterday I worked so hard setting tobacco. My legs are still sore. Today we set more but it wasn't near as rough. No hike today I did get a short run in tho. And my eating has suffered this weekend. All the working in the heat has ruined my appitite. I lost the 2# I gained. Who ever thought I would be in this mess?
Anyhow, Spryng asked awhile ago what size I am. 12 girls and I weigh 102#.
You know what that just registered. That is VERY low. I'm going to see the doc in the morn. She has walk in services.
I better go, that really weirded me out. Nighty nite!
Old 05-26-2002, 10:22 PM   #26  

Good evening everyone! My "date" was fantastic if you can exclude the stomach bug I've had all day. We went out to eat (chinese) and then played some pool which I lost badly at and then we went and watched Episode Two of Star Wars. The movie was ok. Special effects were out of this world (no pun intended) but the story line lacked a little I thought. But I still enjoyed it even though I had to run to the bathroom constantly. All in all it was a wonderful day.
Wow, Misty. 102 is so very low. What is a normal day of eating like for you lately? Where are you lacking in the calories??
Latisia you sound very happy today. It's contagious!! You have a very good attitude about yourself and weightloss. You are defininetly going to succeed.
Did you all here about the barge ramming into a bridge here in oklahoma. It took the bridge out over the arkansas river and many cars went over and only 4 people survived. That bridge is only 30 minutes from our home. It was so sad. It happened at 8:00 this morning and there was a bass tournement going on so there were many eye witnesses that saw the barge hit the bridge (they still haven't determined why) and car after car go over like a domino effect. Two semi's went over and one was hauling cattle. And many other cars went over. many didn't even know the bridge was out and never even slowed down. What a horrendous death. My heart goes out to every family affected right now. It's on the national news so you might have heard about it. So sad.
Well girls. I'm retiring now. Long day. But wonderful none the less. Tomorrow we are having a big BBQ for my brother and it should be nice. I'm looking forward to it then come tuesday I start some type of diet. Still trying to figure out which one. G'nite
Old 05-26-2002, 10:54 PM   #27  

Hi again. I just wanted to let you guys in on a great site I found
www.foodfit.com it has lots of recipes and weightloss tools that might interest you and I found something there we all can use, a food and exercise diary. You print it off and it's seven days of charts that you write down what you eat, how much water you drink, exercise, etc. It's in a neat format and really keeps track of your daily food intake. I recommend all to check it out!! I am so excited I found it. Just wanted to pass that info along. Plus the site itself is great. Feel free to join and use some of their "tools".
Anway, guess I need to go to bed for real this time g'nite
Old 05-26-2002, 11:29 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 242/199/160

Height: 5' 5"

I'm crying tears of joy here for one person, but crying tears of sadness for so many others! Spryng:I'm so...happy that you posted about you being okay in re: the barge/bridge collision. I was just shaking when I heard about this because I knew it was so close to your home town! So, my tears of joy are for you, Spryng! My tears of sadness are for the lives that were lost during the collision & my heart goes out to all who are affected by this tragedy. I wasn't going to log in this weekend, but when I heard this news, I just had to make sure that Spryng was okay! I'm extremely busy going through junk upstairs in the bedrooms. I've went through boxes & boxes of junk & threw out at least 70% of it, thank goodness. Well, I'd better get back to work so that I can clear out the junk that surrounds & that is on my bed. I hope you all are enjoying your holiday weekend. I'll check back in on Tuesday. One more thing: I had a great night of sleep last night! C-U later!
Old 05-27-2002, 05:32 PM   #29  

hello everybody, and Happy Memorial Day, I am op, and hope you all are doing the same!! Yep I do believe the weight gain was TOM, and weights , so im not gonna worry about it, have to hide my scale though LOL I had a few hours time that worked wonders!! DOnt get me time, and that is what I had, Well just saying hi, and I am gonna rest my body today too, do tae bo tomorrow, Well TTFN .
Old 05-28-2002, 10:13 AM   #30  

Hi everyone, Haven't been ignoring you, just been busy. It seems when my DH is home he demands most of my time. I took the weekendoff on exercise because my knees were killing me. Ifeel fine today though. I took my early morning walk with Dh, and hopefully I can get a chance to run. I think I will start taking notes so I don't miss anyone. Sprying, I'm glad your brother has decided to let his girl friend go. Right now he doesn't need that complication. At least you tried with her, so you gave her a chance. Happy belated birthday Jen, I know what it is to suffer depression, so my sympathy and prayers go with the person who is going thru that right now. I know your weight gain is discouraging, but just get back on the band wagon and try again, you'll make it. I did an unwise thing this weekend, I decided to experiment with a low carb diet. It left me tired and lethargic, besides I haven't eaten meat since 1985. Well let me tell you about that, it went down looked around and came right back up. So for me, a high carb, lowfat vege diet is the only way to go. If I needed validation I got it. I hope everyone has a great week, and I apologize for who I missed. Judy
Closed Thread