Donuts anyone?....

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I am having a very tuff time right now. I am feeling seriously tempted and am longing for a large amount of donuts. I don't want just one, but like a whole bunch of them. I have hit goal and kept it off for over a year and I am still freakin getting all caught up in this crazy battle today with the evil donut. Anyone else have donut issues?
  • not a donut issue... serious need to eat all that is chocolate though!

hang in there...
  • Are there donuts nearby? Or are you craving them out of the blue?
  • NO donuts near by. I did take my wife to get one last night but did not have any. If there were donuts here right now I would have to stomp on them in order to refrain. HAHAHAHa
  • Get out and do my 5K then go have a donut kid!
  • HAHAHA, your 5k. Not feeling like running today.
  • Quote: HAHAHA, your 5k. Not feeling like running today.

not feeling like running....OR....scared the girls will kick your butt
  • No, I was thinking you wanted me to run YOUR 5k because you didn't want to run, then I would have an excuse to eat the donuts. I actually have to run 15 miles tonight and that is the only thing keeping me back from going crazy on the donuts because I don't want to run on a full stomach. HAHAH
  • All right kid...I will give you a break. I did my 5K today....well...Angie and I walked it...hip problem for her today but the 3.1 was covered and then some.

Are you anywhere near Squim?
  • I know what you mean.

Sometimes I truly miss shoving junk food in my mouth. I miss the taste, the mouth feel, the inhibitions, the feeling of over fullness. But I don't miss being obese and lethargic. The way we're made, we cannot have both. It's a choice.

You are fit enough that you can get by with a donut or two. I exercise enough that I can have some food indescretions and not gain. But that eating way way way too many for a single person, well, I've had to say good-bye to that behavior. I miss it sometimes, but I don't miss the way my body was then. I much prefer my new body! It's okay to miss it sometimes though.
  • Not sure where Squim is? What is it.
  • Quote: Not sure where Squim is? What is it.
    A city northwest of Seattle
  • midwife- Thank you so much for that support. I really identified with it and appreciate it greatly. I think I am going to make it through, but it was pretty tuff going there for a bit. Usually the temptation doesn't last to long, it is just making it through to the other side of those 30-60 mintues or so.

I also would not trade what I have now for not being able to tie my shoes, or breating hard just getting out of bed, or even not wanting to let my wife see my fat 'ol stomach naked. Never again.

Thanks midwife
  • I live right across the river from portland oregon. Seattle is about 3 hours north of me. My sisters used to live there. Now one lives where I do and the other lives north in snohomish
  • i would love a donut right now... mmm glazed and covered in chocolate