2 small victories today

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • As soon as I walked into the office today I was face to face with fresh bagels and cream cheese, waivered for a minute, went to the frig and got the fat free sugar free yogurt, woo hooo. Walked to the back to hang up my coat and there sat a big heart shaped valentine cake with thick icing and sprinkles, it smelled so good. Stood there and stared at for a bit, got a spoon and sat at my desk and ate the yogurt. I felt like I had just won world war III all on my own
  • Fantastic! And, for the record - it gets easier, the more you say no to those things. I had to make a rule for myself - no "free" food at work!
  • Good for you! It can be so hard to resist those temptations that are right in front of you!
  • Gosh you're stronger than me! Just reading about it made me groan out loud.
    I'd have jumped face-first into that cake!!
    haha way to go, you.
  • Good for you! Just goes to show that temptation will always be just around the corner waiting to strike, but its how we choose to handle it that counts.
  • i would've jumped face first into the bagels.
    the free food in my office is frequently my downfall.
  • Congrats! you have more will power than i do
  • Yay you! I'm always tempted by free cake or fresh-baked cookies...but then when I eat them my mouth feels all sticky and my stomach feels bloated and empty at the same time and I wish I hadn't The yogurt probably lasted you so much longer.
  • i think i could have avoided the cake but i would definitely have scarfed the bagels. I'm sure i could have rationalised them as health food... :P Well done!
  • Way to go!
  • I am another you are stronger than.... my weakness is free food still! LOL! I probably could have resisted the cake but the bagels I would have eaten!

I am strong enough to resist BUYING bad food, but if it's free ... and it is there in front of me .... oh man not good!
  • Good job!Eating healthy and on-plan just feels so much better, doesn't it? Keep up the great work!
  • Congratulations!
  • wow thats so so awesome!!! i bet you licked that yogurt cup CLEAN... haha

congrats!!!
  • Posts like this make me glad I get on a haul truck after the "Safety" meeting. I'm locked in and can't get to anything but what I packed before work. I'm OK on the pizza days. I can have a small slice and do well. I get in trouble on burrito Fridays. Beto's make the best breakfast burritos and one of the guys brings them for everyone.

Like most of the others, I would have been fine leaving the cake, but the bagels....OMG!!!!

Ya' done good Kiddo!!!