Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #1  

Default Lost 20-25 lbs- now stuck

Hi, in Dec. I started a diet & exercise routine- nothing huge- just light cardio & healthy eating. So far I've lost 20-25 lbs. ( it fluctuates) That was very exciting. The problem is now I am stuck, nothing I've tried is helping me to lose any more. I am wondering how much of that lose was water weight? What can I do now to continue losing? I need to lose 30-40 more lbs to be close to a healthy weight. HELP!
kats12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #2  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Have you tried to amp up your work outs?
and you could try to do something different. Because I know that the body gets use to a certain work out after some time, and it really helps when you try something new that really gets your body moving.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:24 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Congrats on the weight you've lost thus far!!!

Could be healthy eating is no longer ENOUGH to get you a calorie deficit. You may be taking in too many calories. I would carefully track my calories for a few days - fitday.com or thedailyplate.com can help - really, REALLY track them, every morsel. Then you will know how many calories you've been consuming to get you that 20 - 25 lbs lost. When you find out how many calories you were eating, now you will be able to take them down a couple of hundred a day. That should get you losing again. And instead of LIGHT cardio, you might want to kick it up a notch. It's harder to lose weight as we get smaller, like you have, so we've got to work a bit harder. Adding in strength training is a good idea as well.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 02-11-2009 at 02:25 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:43 PM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Well it sounds like you've lost 20-25 lbs in 2 months? That is fantastic. How long have you been stuck? The scale sometimes doesn't go down every week and sometimes can even go up temporarily while you are losing weight.

I would agree that you may need to start tracking your food more closely but you have done fabulous so far.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:05 PM   #5  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

It may be time to switch things up. Sometimes your body gets use to what you're doing and the results aren't what they use to be. Try some new foods or a new work out! Try taking away 200 calories from your plan and see where that gets you. It's all about experimenting.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #6  

Hi, thanks for all of the great advice!!! Yes, I think calorie counting and switching up my work-out might be my answer. I've been stuck close to 2 weeks now. I have heard getting rid of toxins, like a body cleanse could help, what do you guys think? I am clueless when it comes to that stuff but if it helps & is healthy- I am all for it!!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Well honestly not dropping any weight for 2 weeks is perfectly normal. Detox/body cleanses are useless. Just keep doing what you are doing.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #8  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
Detox/body cleanses are useless.
Amen to that sister! The best way to "detox" the body is to feed it a well balanced diet full of lean proteins, complex carbs, good fats, tons of fruits and veggies and LOTS of water. The better you eat the more the build up of the bad stuff will go away on its own.
gymlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #9  

Thanks! I really do need to focus more on my diet. I have started to eat ALOT of fruit. I have trouble drinking alot of water. I work in a small office & end up in the bathroom alot. Its a little embarissing. I drink alot more water than I used to & really feel alot better!!