3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   EEK reminder to self - never get on scale at night. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/164111-eek-reminder-self-never-get-scale-night.html)

jademarlene 02-09-2009 09:52 PM

EEK reminder to self - never get on scale at night.

I usually weigh myself Saturday mornings after getting out of bed and going to bathroom. Tonight for some unknown reason I decided to hop on the scale, big mistake, according to that weigh in I have gained 5 lbs. I am sticking with once a week, now if only I can make it thru to Saturday without driving myself crazy to see what the scale says. I repeat I will never weigh myself at night again.

mandalinn82 02-09-2009 09:58 PM

I can lose 10 lbs of water weight overnight. Seriously. My weight at night can be TEN POUNDS more than my morning weight.

That's why my morning weight "counts" and I don't let myself get hung up on whatever it may say in the evening.

kelly315 02-09-2009 10:05 PM

Like Amanda says, it's pretty normal. Most nights I'm about 4-6 pounds heavier at night, sometimes even more.

Operator265 02-09-2009 10:31 PM

Same here. I don't obsess over the scale, but, I know if I do step on the scale in the evening, it will be waayy higher than my post 8 hr, after pee fast. I look at it up against my other evening scale readings. Keep your time of day in mind when judging losses.

valpal23 02-09-2009 10:39 PM

i kinda enjoy weighing in at night.. it's good practice to not get hung up on the number because it's not at all true. like mandalinn I've seen relatively 'huge' swings. like 8 pounds...

slimmingsi 02-10-2009 07:10 AM

obvioulsy you'll weigh more at night since you've eaten and drank all day. and until the weight of that food has made its way south it will be sat in your bowls affecting the scales

rockinrobin 02-10-2009 07:45 AM

Oh no. I see no point in weighing at night. Totally not accurate. You're weighing much more then "yourself" when you do this.

Once in the morning, upon waking, after taking care of, ummm, business, is more then sufficient to keep an eye on oneself and hold oneself accountable.

corazonas 02-10-2009 10:59 AM

i look sometimes at the end of the day just to compare... eek!!

haha

Lori Bell 02-10-2009 12:57 PM

I can gain 5 pounds in the morning after drinking a pot of coffee and a jug of water. I weigh once a week on Friday morning, (in the buff, after a trip to the little girls room.) Though like every one there are times when you just get that incredible urge to do it again...it's usually never worth it, (unless you have the stomach flu...if you know what I mean.) ;)

krock614 02-10-2009 02:21 PM

I get on the scale sometimes at night also. Just out of curiousity. I get on there knowing that I'm going to weigh more though.